How will you change post coronavirus?

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

How will you change post coronavirus?

Post by firebirdflys »

GOING FORWARD
Today they are opening some businesses in the Los Angeles area. In my opinion a bit too soon. One of the things approved was bowling alleys :shock: but not dine in restaurants. I haven't been to a bowling alley that didn't have a restaurant. Anyway my point is there is a lot of stuff to touch in a bowling alley, just seems that should be further down the line. (ok mini rant over), oops maybe not...florists opening today, without the 2 weeks prior to prep there will be no way to fill all the moms day orders, many moms will be missing their flowers this year. Including mine :( (ok now I'm done)

It is shocking the ways the Earth has responded to our being less impactful to her. In some very messed up way perhaps it is a wake up call. I'm sure you have all seen how the air and water has cleared, how the noise levels have receded and the birds can be heard and many animals moseying around or returning to their ancestral areas. This is how it might have been for your forefathers, how the air smelled sweeter and the stream water that was drinkable. The sounds of the day could be heard far across the valley. Animals of all manner in great abundance. It's a nice picture that isn't going to last unless we reinvent ourselves.

WE HAVE ALL MADE CHANGES
Since everyone was asked to stay home we have had to modify our ways of living in gigantic ways. Those of us who were not essential workers didn't fill up the gas tank once a week or more frequently, we didn't drive to the places we were going to go. We've had kids at home and struggling to find way to keep them happy and healthy and working through school without their friends or teachers at the ready. We didn't drive them to school or softball practice or their friends which made about 6 trips a day. We haven't run to 7-11 for a big Gulp or six pack of beer or some cigarettes 3 times a day, we have had to make lists and get supplies that would sustain for weeks at a time, which is very expensive. So we became more frugal and wise in our meal preparations and food storage, throwing less away. We have learned to turn the toilet paper carefully like cracking a safe rather than spinning furiously like Wheel of Fortune. Those of us who were able to work from home did so, others who found themselves suddenly without a paycheck discovered there were people who cared enough to lend a hand. We became creative and worked in the garden for the first time in a long time, a seed of interest in becoming more self sustaining had been sparked. We made projects with the kids, learned new ways of preparing foods, got into the deeps depths of the closet, and had virtual dance or other meetings.

WHAT CAN YOU DO
What exactly will you do to keep the healing ball rolling? The whole notion of thinking globally and of acting locally really need to become a mantra, yet larger corporations will need to rethink the way they operate. It can't trickle up unless those in the big chairs do some creative balancing. Still we must do our part, because the attitude of, someone else will take care of it isn't going to fly.
So can you still work form home? Can you spend more time with the kids? Can you be as frugal with your food? Can you be more creative? Can you help your neighbor? Can you make less trips to the store? Can you reuse more? recycle more? Can you reduce or refuse the need for more? Repurpose items more?

It has been said we have 10 years to turn the tide of destruction lest it be irreversible. This may have been the Goddess saying WAKE UP!

Envirobird

image by Wikipedia https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... me_sud.jpg

SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: How will you change post coronavirus?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I hope I will be less intimidated by power structures & eliminate cognitive dysfunction. I’ve been recycling, repurposing, buying conscientiously aka “budgeting”, limiting travel to essential matters, staying home if sick, limiting plastics, eating non GMO &more vegan, avoiding socializing in large groups (shudder, they give off 😬 vibes) since my teens - class of 1970 - so for 50 years, Meh, what’s different? And my choices had not been prompted by either witchcraft or cv because I never heard of either 50 years ago, but just made sense. So for me I just carry on.

Return to “Environmentalism”