Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.

What is your sexual orientation?

Gay
23%
Straight
20%
Bisexual
23%
Pansexual (new option - Pansexual means a person's gender is irrelevant to you in selecting a mate.)
28%
Other (new option)
5%

Total votes: 60

LorriePaige

Post by LorriePaige »

LorriePaige wrote:If "greedy" you mean bi, then I'm that category, although I don't like using the term greedy. :) I've had less than 10 sexual experiences of any kind in my life and I'm 47 years old so I have not led a greedy sex life by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh, that's sexual experiences with less than 10 people I meant.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

As far as I'm concerned, Lorrie, one should be able to count a life's worth of sexual partners on two hands or less. :wink:

That said, those who have many more partners in their life are by no means bad people... just more experienced ones. :wink: :wink:

*We all walk our own path in life.* :28:

To everyone: I don't believe Shadow Phoenix was trying to be insulting or speak derogatorily about those of you who are bisexual. Not at all. Some are very sensitive about their place in the world, and may find the reference of "greedy" and bisexual a massive insult-- it's really not meant to be.

Regardless of who you love, or how you do it, this is a place to feel accepted and welcome. I hope you all do. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
*M

PS: Just as a reminder- if you feel you are being offended or harassed by anyone here, please PM me and let me know. You don't have to deal with those feelings alone.
-M
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Re: Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Post by Purple_wind »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:Where are all my gays at?! I want a show of hands on who's gay. I made the post so I could see who's gay...or who is not...I am gay who else is?! I don't believe in bisexuality, you are one or the other, and if you like both sexes...you are either confused or greedy! lol but come out anyway. I want to know more about our little E-Coven members! :D

How in the heck are bi's greedy or confused? I know what I like. Why can't I like boobies vagina and penis? You know so many people are pimps and just cheaters. THEY are the ones who are greedy, not us! You think just because we're bi it makes us confused or greedy? THAT'S FREAKING RIDICULOUS! That's the same thing as saying "just because you're gay you have aids". I don't think that, but it's the same thing as you calling me greedy and confused! I'm not a slut or a pimp. I don't go for both at the same time. It isn't like I get with a girl and guy at once. Alot of strait guys have three-sums but they're not called greedy.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Again, I don't believe ShadowPhoenix was being intentionally derogatory with his 'greedy or confused' comment. I'm sorry you feel offended, Purple_wind; I assure you no one here is intentionally trying to cause you to feel any offense.

~Bright Blessings~
*M
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:That was actually my little gay joke of the day so I decided to also include that in the poll I do believe that one can be attracted to members of both sexes, it has however been my experience through relationships, that when dating a bisexual person they later tell me they don't know what they want or once I actually did have them tell me, "I guess I'm just greedy." so that's how that came about... :wink:
It was just a joke purple wind. As ShadowPheonix explained in the THIRD post. No need to overreact.
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

He said what he said to mean it. He has his beliefs and all, I was just making a point. So many people call us greedy and confused. I wasn't meaning to be so angry but I want equality too.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Why should it bother you what people call you?

If people want to call you greedy because you're bisexual just agree with them.

The minute you start arguing over things like this you start looking as if you're ashamed.

You're not ashamed to be bisexual are you?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Grey, I wouldn't say that defending what one feels is wrong makes them come off as though they are ashamed-- though I do understand what you're trying to get at. It's when people are vehemently arguing with something and in effect overcompensating, that they are more likely to be feeling some personal shame about whatever it is that's angering them.

Some people have just been put down for so long over some things, that they are very sore subjects. And as we are only human, anger often comes as a part of frustration.

~BB~
*M
Robertw999

Post by Robertw999 »

I am a 19 year old male and I am gay... I been gay since I was about 14 and came out to family when I was 17 and all of my family accepts it
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

lucky you they accept it. for all i know my family will accept it.....hmmmmm ..never ever!
which is fine by me.
bless
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

MoonStone wrote:As far as I'm concerned, Lorrie, one should be able to count a life's worth of sexual partners on two hands or less. :wink:

That said, those who have many more partners in their life are by no means bad people... just more experienced ones. :wink: :wink:

-M
Why should you only have a few sexual partners? As long as you are safely having sex why not explore as much as possible until you decide ( or don't) to settle for one person. I know that this is odd coming from a girl but Sex has nothing to do with love and is a passtime activity and great work out.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

JB, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, though I really do disagree with most of what you said there.

Sex is "supposed to be" about love- or at least involve it in some way. Evolutionary methodology dictates that sex is a tool of procreation, and that's it. So, if the basis for your statement is on an evolutionary "human animal" stance, then it would, yes, 'be a good work-out'; but it wouldn't be just 'a fun way to pass the time'. If your reasoning is paralleling a more humanistic approach, humans are again "supposed to be" the reigning, supreme-species and therefore, humans avoid mating indiscriminately like our primitive counterparts may. Morals, and the ability to have them (yes, and opposable thumbs), are what sets us as humans apart from the primates and animal kingdom as a whole. Sure, there are lots of other things that separate us as well, but it is the human differences that set us apart.

That said, not everyone feels that they should reserve their sexual contact for only those select few that they choose to share it with, but generally the more indiscriminate types have also endured something more or less traumatic as a younger person that affects their view on themselves, the world, and their sexual being.

I'm not alleging that you have experienced some wrong-doings in your childhood, JB- I'm generalizing here. Do give what I said a moment's thought, though, please.
And again, this is by no means a personal attack on you- I'm just addressing your question. :wink:

~BB~
*M
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Sex is a highly spiritual thing. I think it all comes down to what one decides. Sex was created by the Goddess and God for pleasure, as well as procreation. Many people would step in at that part and say that gay people aren't able to procreate. Although we may not be able to procreate in the physical sense, we are able to create in the spiritual. That is the trade off. I personally prefer to stick with one person for sex, but others do not feel this bind, which is completely fine. As long as one is safe, then you shouldn't worry. Since sex is a spiritual thing, then it is good for one.
Lucifer_Archangel

Post by Lucifer_Archangel »

I'm 25 and gay, been with my partner for nearly 2 years we are both witches and live in manchester england!
Zili

Post by Zili »

I'm bisexual I am not confused or greedy. I was open to the fact that love can be found anywhere and I wasn't going to hate myself in the future if I fell in love with another girl, there's no sense in hating yourself for who you are.

I'm also monogamous, so I'm very happy and in love with my boyfriend, but just because i'm with a man doesn't change the fact that I am bisexual.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”