Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.

What is your sexual orientation?

Gay
23%
Straight
20%
Bisexual
23%
Pansexual (new option - Pansexual means a person's gender is irrelevant to you in selecting a mate.)
28%
Other (new option)
5%

Total votes: 60

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Post by Starwitch »

Savi Moon Silk wrote:I am not confused. Nor greedy. But Bi. Let's not put negative labels on sexuality.
I apologize that none of the mods edited that poll and it stayed like that for two years. I changed it today to make the third option say "bisexual or not sure yet" instead of "confused or greedy". ShadowPhoenix claimed it was a joke, but I can't imagine how many bisexual people were offended by that during the past two years. There were 30 votes for "confused/greedy" before I changed that option to say "bisexual or not sure yet". If I had created the poll myself, "bisexual" and "not sure yet" would be two separate options, but I couldn't guess what those 30 people meant by their answers so I left the two options together.

(Moderators, if you see a poll that is offensive to a large number of people, please edit the poll.)
Zili

Post by Zili »

I'm not sure how to edit the polls, but could you add the options of "Pansexual" and "Other"
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

This whole "greedy" thing is absolute bull$h1T! It's not so you can "get funky" with more people, quite frankly you can sleep with both genders, greedy is like having an orgy with ten people every night, people from all sexual perspectives can do that! People that cheat can be of any orientation and be considered greedy! I don't see anyone condemning people of other sexual practices of being "greedy" to put it simply. It's a wider scope, not a bigger bullet!
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
than you can understand.
airwitch23

Post by airwitch23 »

I'm gay and out and proud!
bluesongbird

Post by bluesongbird »

Im a full out lesbian :) I love my life and Wicca seemed a little off setting to me... until my girlfriend told me that sex wasn't nessiary and that if i joined a coven that they would understand and not make me join with a male. I dont wear a sign that says i lick carpets but if someone asks I come right out and answer.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I think that those of us who are GLBT witches have a bit more on our plates when we come out of the closet cuz we've gotta explain both sexual preferences & religious practices that aren't the social norm in most places.
When I was in my late teens, I told my mom that I am bisexual & a witch. While she didn't seem too upset, she didn't seem too happy either. Since then, I've been very selective with who I share either apect of who I am.
HerbalFaye01

Came out, came out, wherever I is!!

Post by HerbalFaye01 »

well i tend to be a bit on the confused end of things........ :? however i am currently attracted to a FTM person who is definetly the other half of my soul. i tend to favor the pansexual to trysexual (definition: try anything once......more times if it's good) label. but i know i firmly lay in the Transexual label. i am MTF and proud of it! (note i am a one partner woman: please no pm's baised on false hopes[past issues had with pm's]. anyone with questions i am happy to answer them to the best of my ability.....just be preped for wit and sarcasim......LOL.) :28: smiley08_yin_yang
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

I'm bisexual and there's a few people who are close to me that know. Before many people have told me, Oh you're simply just going through a phase and a lot of people are claiming that their bisexual cause it's the "cool thing to be." This is something I truly don't understand, this isn't something I decided to be. I've never woke up from a deep sleep and said to myself, "Hey I plan on being bisexual today." This is something I decided to be, it's something I've always have been. Ever since I was younger; I noticed that I thoughts boys and girls were lovely. This really did put a lot of confusion to me and it depressed me at times cause many people told me that I need to decide if I'm a Lesbian or Straight. This is a very hard thing to do for me. I'm simply an open minded person; however I don't have a boyfriend and girlfriend both at once, no this isn't something I'd feel comfortable with. If I'm with someone, I remain faithful to them. Of course I'll see other attractive people out there but I won't drop the person I'm with for another person. I remain faithful and very loving to the person I'm in a relationship with. Many of my last boyfriends and girlfriends were very uncomfortable with this, but as I see it they simply didn't trust me enough. I don't judge other people for their sexuality and it hurts whenever people judge me for being bisexual. However I know they'll be people out there who will think wrongly of it and I understand that people think differently.

Just putting my thoughts out there. Sorry for the long ramble, lol!
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Hi, I am glad there are many GBLT people on this forum. I am pansexual I guess? I was raped and it affected me greatly so now I only feel comfortable with women in an emotional relationship. Men are attractive but I tend to associate them with trauma, also Magic Mike does nothing for me. Also as an empath if I am around a person that is attracted to me but I am not attracted to them I get feelings of strong desire I have to block out. It is disturbing. At college the hormones are bouncing of the walls!
I love Janet and Steward Farrars books but one thing disturbed me. In The Witches Bible they have a chapter on how gay men and women can't form a balanced coven. They claim a circle has to be man/woman polarities only. This angered me so I immediately went out and bought Gay Witchcraft by Christopher Penzack. Great book.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol im pansexual ive been with men women and even a transgender im going to say person cus their situation was unique even among transgenders, and yeh i dont mind as long as we connect and your good to me then im all for anything and everything you have to offer lol
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

I'm straight, but I support any sexualities because to me, you love who you love and if it makes you happy, then so be it. I get really upset when people start openly hating on any sexualities except for straight people, which happens a lot in my tiny, narrow-minded town full of religious nuts :( (not hating on religion here, just saying that living in a town full of Christians like this pretty much guarantees that if you don't live by the Bible, they shun you.)
My best friend claims to be bisexual, and I'm okay with that, but I'm not sure if she *really* is, because she never started talking about it until she started hanging out with other bisexual girls. Maybe they made her feel more open with it (if she is truly bisexual), or maybe she just thought it would be cool to like boys and girls (unfortunately, I think it's the latter).
Either way, she's my best friend, so whatever. I really don't care. However, I wouldn't hold her to it, considering we're both still teenagers and those dang hormones will make ya do anything ;) (although I'll say they've never made me feel attracted to women....just very, very, very attracted to men, LOL)

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to put in my two cents. Plus, equality is always something I've felt very passionately about. Although I myself identify as straight, I enjoy discussing other sexualities in a place where I won't get screamed at for it. (You think I'm kidding? One time I said "gays are humans too, you don't need to be so cruel" to one of my classmates and 2 different people started literally yelling at me about how it was a sin. And the teacher didn't do anything. *sigh...*)

Again, sorry for the ranting XD
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Now I see myself as gay. Have been in a relationship with the same sex for almost 13 years now.

But I used to always identify as bisexual, and have had some interesting relationships. Being a gay man I was once in a long term relationship with a lesbian. Ive been in two separate polyarmous relationships (one was a guy and a girl, and the second was a gay man, a bisexual girl and on occasion we had others that became part of the relationship). And I had one long term relationship with a straight female and we were engaged to be married. Plus numerous relationships that were one on one with other gay men.

I have always just not cared about gender. When Im attracted to a person and fall in love, gender is not an issue to me.
rosemoon

Post by rosemoon »

I'm bisexual, though I like girls a bit more, so I feel that I may be verging on lesbian. I told one friend and that's it.
Foxface

Post by Foxface »

I am new to the forum but yes I am pansexual. I figured I could at least throw my vote in

nobody really knows me so I guess I am panonymous
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

Oh thank Goddess, I was so worried about posting my poem about how I repressed my sexuality because of homophobia for years because I didn't know the general consensus on LGBT+ issues here.

Anyway, my situation is difficult to explain. I fondly call myself "homoflexible" because while I am getting married to a man and have had relationships with men in the past I really don't find myself all that attracted to men.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”