Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.

What is your sexual orientation?

Gay
23%
Straight
20%
Bisexual
23%
Pansexual (new option - Pansexual means a person's gender is irrelevant to you in selecting a mate.)
28%
Other (new option)
5%

Total votes: 60

defuseability

Post by defuseability »

I just thought of something a friend of mine once said. My friend Jimmy, who is very gay, one day came up to me and was like "why are you bisexual" and I told him that to me, gender doesnt matter. Its whats in your heart, not your pants that matters to me. And he turned to me with a confused expression and was like "Being Bi is nothing but an all you can eat sex buffet!"

I will forever remember that quote. lol.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Haha, that made me laugh!

Blessed Be,
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

XD Me too!~
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

hihihihihhihihihih

Blessed Be,
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Bisexuality is a strange thing to many people - both gay and straight.

I'm 100% gay, and I just don't understand how a person can like people of both sexes.

It was confusing enough being a gay teenager, I can only imagine what it must be like growing up and being bisexual.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Grey, I completely know what you mean.

I said that I was Bi when I first started dating women, but after a month I realized I really had no interest in ever going back to men.

There is one bi "friend" that is a mutual "friend" of my gf and I's and it seems like she's just a big whore. She only contacts my gf when she's single (which I always make completely clear shouldn't happen) and every time after my gf turns her down, she ends up with some random dude for a few weeks until she finds a girlfriend again.

It just bothers me. The "friend" wants guys for random play, but girls for a relationship.

I'm completely perplexed.
defuseability

Post by defuseability »

Well, I'm bisexual, but I lean towards women more for relationships. I have no trust in men whatsoever because of stuff i've gone through in the past. Part of me feels that I'm not Bi and i'm more of a lesbian, because I feel no emotional connection with the men im with, Only physical. But, there's one man right now that I feel a stronger emotional connection with than any woman i've ever been with.

But, for the most part, except for this one guy, I tend to use men as playtoys and women for relationships, also. But thats only because im terrified of men and can not trust them.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I think a lot of people use the 'bisexual card' as a safety net. Sort of "I like people of my own sex, but I like people of the opposite sex too".

I don't think I have ever met a real bisexual, and by "real" I mean somebody who is emotionally and physically connected with both men and women in equal measure.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I see what you guys are talking about and I have to agree with you to a point.

Gerymalkin: I believe a lot of people do use the "Bi card" as a cop out. I know one. She's Bi as long as it gets her what she wants. She's bi so that means more people can love her. She's vain and narcissistic to the point of being intolerable.

But people like that hurt those of use who've seriously sat down and explored ourselves and realize that we do in fact have feelings for both genders.

I'm Bi. It took some time for me to come to this realization and to accept it. I lean towards women mostly but I have had emotional pulls towards guys as well and if the right one comes along, I won't be afraid this time. It's not a physical thing for me as it often is with some bi's. It's my heart. I've decided to let my heart love where it wishes and who it wishes. If it's my wife, great. If a nice guy comes along, great too. Sex is nearly meaningless to me anymore. I'm 36. It's not hard to find or have if you really need it.

I seek emotional fulfillment. I want to have someone special (My wife currently fills that from a woman's perspective.) but I also want to be someone's someone special. It's very much a two way street with me.

Unlike the person i mentioned above. Being bi isn't about "More people to love me", rather it's more people for me to love. A greater field for me to search for the right person(s) in my life.

Defuseability: Cherish your one "guy friend" and hat eventually, you meet more of us that you can feel that way about.(Even if it never goes beyond just a friend.) If anything just so you can see that not all of us guys are bad. Some of us are very trustworthy. There's just a lot of bad apples in the barrel.

Blessed Be.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Hello, GLBT online community!!! :D :D Lol. Well, I'm super gay, lol. I have no interest in women whatsoever. I think its awesome that they have a complete forum for all of us. :) I think it is definitely possible for one to be bi. I don't think its about being greedy at all. There are some who do use that as a safety net, though. When I first started to realize I was gay, I told myself I was bi... turns out I was very, very wrong, lol. Yup.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Hello Godsmack.

You have a good energy. :D
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Lol. Thanks. :D
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Godsmack wrote:Hello, GLBT online community!!! :D :D Lol. Well, I'm super gay, lol. I have no interest in women whatsoever. I think its awesome that they have a complete forum for all of us. :) I think it is definitely possible for one to be bi. I don't think its about being greedy at all. There are some who do use that as a safety net, though. When I first started to realize I was gay, I told myself I was bi... turns out I was very, very wrong, lol. Yup.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Thank you. You are one of the few openly Gay males that I've heard who acknowledge that there are those of us who are truly Bi.

As a friend of mine once put it. "Everybody loves, just not in the same way."
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

It's not that I don't "acknowledge" bisexual people, it's just that I don't understand it, that's all.

I don't understand why people would think it's a good look to have piercings all over their face either but I don't condemn them for it.

Horses for courses.
LorriePaige

Post by LorriePaige »

If "greedy" you mean bi, then I'm that category, although I don't like using the term greedy. :) I've had less than 10 sexual experiences of any kind in my life and I'm 47 years old so I have not led a greedy sex life by any stretch of the imagination.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”