Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.

What is your sexual orientation?

Gay
23%
Straight
20%
Bisexual
23%
Pansexual (new option - Pansexual means a person's gender is irrelevant to you in selecting a mate.)
28%
Other (new option)
5%

Total votes: 60

azriel

Re: Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Post by azriel »

I am also Pansexual, and I am glad that I can finally put a name to my orientation. Ever since I was a little girl, I had always been attracted to people because I saw beauty that ran deeper than the surface. Focusing so hard on qualities that you want in a person sometimes make you blind to what you need.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

My grandmother had a Decon that said that whatever you think the bible says it had a contradiction elsewhere. She loves telling me that. And so she's very open minded and sorta critical about the bible. And she is one of the best Christians I have ever known, but I supposed I am biased
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

Oh, and I'm pansexual, and I'm so glad I have the resources to find this out about myself
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm hetero, which works well for me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
random417

Post by random417 »

I suppose I'm pansexual, but I refuse to put a label on it on purpose. People that ask get the response "I like sex". Then they say, with who? To which I reply "I like sex". If they keep asking, I ask if it's an offer. I'm also poly, for what that's worth.

Currently, I'm in a hetero, 97 percent monogamous relationship that I'm happy with, but that's mostly just chance.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

I'm Pansexual and Panromantic. Thankfully my family is supportive and always have been. Thank the Gods.
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

Out and proud! All the way gay.

Talk about getting lip from Christians.. try living with your conservative pastor father! Though to give him some credit, he has turned around a lot in the last six years of me being out.
lyric_cerridwen

Post by lyric_cerridwen »

Lesbian here :)
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I have always believed that everyone was born a pansexual, able to love and be attracted to whomever strikes your fancy! But, society tries to engrain into us that boys should like girls and girls should like boys. And boys shouldn't wear pink and girls should prefer pink! The brain is very strong and powerful and being told to be a certain way can actually affect a person to be that way and shut out all other ways. I don't think people make choices to be gay, but I think that they make choices to be straight only, or rather the choice was made for them, long before they were capable of considering their other options

I recognize that I am at least bisexual, but I am currently engaged to a man. When I was in college I had a male friend I use to "hook up" with. He was hot and no strings attached, it was a great deal for me! However, all the people we use to hang with would say they though he was gay. I was like, guys trust me, he is not gay! Well guess what, some years later he came out. When we talked I didn't care at all, but asked him how he could have been with me so many times, and other women if he was gay. He said, well I'm bisexual, I like have sex with women but I want to be in a relationship with a man. That was the first time I had really heard someone explain their feelings behind bisexuality. I spent time thinking it over and realized that I also had curiosity about having sex with women. After some exploration I realized that I am attracted to both sexes, but I want to be in a relationship with a man.
Isi

Post by Isi »

Pansexual/romantic/etc. Gender just doesn't dictate my attraction to someone! Although I tend to have a preference for more feminine people hehe!

Also, is anyone else here genderfluid? Perhaps I could meet some of y'all and create a genderflood. halfsm
OliversTwisted94

Post by OliversTwisted94 »

I'm a pansexual transgender man.
Neila

Post by Neila »

I'm a bisexual cis woman. :)
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

RosieMoonflower wrote:I have always believed that everyone was born a pansexual, able to love and be attracted to whomever strikes your fancy! But, society tries to engrain into us that boys should like girls and girls should like boys. And boys shouldn't wear pink and girls should prefer pink! The brain is very strong and powerful and being told to be a certain way can actually affect a person to be that way and shut out all other ways. I don't think people make choices to be gay, but I think that they make choices to be straight only, or rather the choice was made for them, long before they were capable of considering their other options

I recognize that I am at least bisexual, but I am currently engaged to a man. When I was in college I had a male friend I use to "hook up" with. He was hot and no strings attached, it was a great deal for me! However, all the people we use to hang with would say they though he was gay. I was like, guys trust me, he is not gay! Well guess what, some years later he came out. When we talked I didn't care at all, but asked him how he could have been with me so many times, and other women if he was gay. He said, well I'm bisexual, I like have sex with women but I want to be in a relationship with a man. That was the first time I had really heard someone explain their feelings behind bisexuality. I spent time thinking it over and realized that I also had curiosity about having sex with women. After some exploration I realized that I am attracted to both sexes, but I want to be in a relationship with a man.
All this you're describing is because the concept people have of sexual orientation is awfully wrong. Probably because of the term itself. Your sex (male/female) is different from gender. And also, the meaning of homosexual is different from what people tend to think. Actually there are countries (like Australia) in which even passports are issued with more than just to genders, because biologically, there are more than just two genders, and they aren't always related to your sex organs. Religions who oppose anything different from heterosexualism, have also a lot to do with all this misinformation.

Your "orientation" as you put it, has nothing to do with whom you have sex with. It also has nothing at all to do with your tastes (pink, or no pink). These are cultural stereotypes that have nothing to do with your gender, or orientation. So it's not that everyone is born pansexual, that's biologicaly proven wrong.

Your gender or orientation has to do with whom you can be in a relationship with and feel fulfilled, who you can really fall in love hopelessly with. You can be perfectly heterosexual and have sex with someone of your same sex. That won't make you gay/lesbian. Ever. Sometimes it happens, because we are all humans and have "urges". For example in a woman's prision many women end up having something, and that doesn't mean they're really lesbian. It's a bodily thing, more than a complex emotional thing. Same thing happened with samurais and that doesn't make them gay either. If you have sex with someone your same sex, but want a relationship only with someone the opposite sex then you're hetersexual and viceversa. Your friend was gay. He could have sex with women because the body responds to stimulation. period.

I'm lesbian but I've been with men and I even have a daughter. That does not under any circumstance make me bisexual, nor pansexual. If I like pink or no has nothing to do with it either. You will find many tom boys who are straight, and many girly girls who are lesbian. The gender of someone is something more biologically, they are made that way, and it can even be known from testing the chemistry of the amniotic sack!
citrine

Post by citrine »

When it comes to being pansexual, I guess it's just some sort of green flag for trans people, intersex and non-binaries. Then it feels safe for them. I'm somehow non-binary "pansexual lesbian", attracted to women regardless of biology or conformity to binaries... being somewhere else on the spectrum. When you're trans, for instance, there is about 50% probability of you not making it to your 30s... sadly it's something that just takes place :( taking into account TDoR and such. So, if one is open to date anyone outside "cis" norm then it's very important to identify as pansexual, I think. Then it feels safe!
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
Horapollon

Post by Horapollon »

Hum, I suppose I'm pansexual but for the others I'm just gay. ^^
My book is closed
I read no more
Watching the fire dance
On the floor

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”