Re: Trans Bodies in Wicca

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
IsaacIcarus

Re: Trans Bodies in Wicca

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Hello all! I see that there was a post a couple years ago about genderization in Wicca and as a trans guy I have, obviously, struggled with this myself. There are some great links in there if you're looking for some good reading to help expand your understanding of the Lord and Lady or Wicca in general.
(over-genderization-wicca-t30541) - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=30541

I wouldn't post a new thread just to rehash something though, instead I wanted to share my own experience regarding this and ask if any other trans folks wanted to share their a-ha moment.

I was taking a cleansing ritual bath the other night, which I enjoy fairly often (being the anxious person that I am it's much needed). The baths are nice but that also means I have to be, y'know, not wearing clothes. Which means I'm the lucky winner of some good ol' Bonus Dysphoria. Especially when I'm "skyclad" for ritual purposes, the focus on gender/sex that Wicca tends to bring up makes me real uncomfortable. While I have a pretty relaxed view of Lord and Lady, and am at peace with my spirit and identity, the sticking point is always my physical body and the unshakable wrongness I feel. As I was meditating in the bath, though, I had a moment of clarity and a rare experience of unity with my body. The realization dawned on me that I am a physical representation of masculine and feminine manifested quite literally. I felt whole and good and divine. It was incredible. I am amazed by the peace and joy this path brings me as I walk it. I love my perfect, beautiful, divine, trans body. smileylove

Has anybody else had a moment like this they would like to share? :flyingwitch:
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing broken link
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Re: Trans Bodies in Wicca

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not trans but I have had moments being conscious of divine unity, and knowing before there were two, there was One, and that all of us together are the One knowing Itself as the many. I can understand the divinity of the union of duality; and that duality is illusion. Trans gender would represent the divine in it's totality.

Wonderful awakening.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I haven't had an enlightening like that but I think what you felt is wonderful. It must be so empowering to be confident with your body and identity. Thank you for sharing this.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

SpiritTalker wrote:I'm not trans but I have had moments being conscious of divine unity, and knowing before there were two, there was One, and that all of us together are the One knowing Itself as the many. I can understand the divinity of the union of duality; and that duality is illusion. Trans gender would represent the divine in it's totality.

Wonderful awakening.
This is what I am thinking. The source is called the drygten or prime mover in Wicca. It is everything and a combination of all genders and sexes.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

I had a similar realisation. Funnily enough under the shower, too, I guess it comes with being naked and such. Didn't yet find real peace with it. But I also realized that meditating helped me very much with internalizing that just because my body might not be the way/gender I'd prefer it doesn't mean that it isn't a beautiful body. Which helped me weaken some dysphoric moments already.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I always thought I would make a much better looking man than a woman especially with a mustache! :? which I practically have already. I never cared for makeup with the exception of mascara because it really made my already long eyelashes tremendously longer. I was more comfortable in pants as apposed to "dressing up" but I do appreciate a flowy skirt in summer. Was really glad when we moved to the valley in 1969 where the girls were allowed to wear pants to school! Yea! No more freezing knees. :o I was such a tomboy growing up and was more comfortable building forts in the field than at home playing dolls. I felt for a long time I may be in the wrong body, but then maybe there was something to learn this time around in this slightly mangled female body?
I'm just a person. smileylove
perhaps they call it gender fluid? All the names and labels and call me this or that, :? Life is getting so complicated anymore, wonder what's next.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Since I came out as a transman I found far more acceptance among Gardnerians, the ones everyone accuses of bad stuff, than from regular solitary Wiccans.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Some take the dualism, the gender roles, in magic too far,forgetting that those are archetypes to work with and one of the goals is overcoming the boundaries.I guess it is just too difficult for some to redefine and adapt roles. Too much canned magic,as my granny used to say.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”