Just need some advice

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Eternal Wolf

Just need some advice

Post by Eternal Wolf »

Hiya all. ::darkmood::

I'm bi, and I really like a close friend of mine, who says he's straight. He hasn't even considered the idea of being in a relationship with a guy and wont even. Can someone be so certain?

I told him I liked him, he was alright with it, and nothing has really been awkward, it's just his friends (they don't know) dragged him away.

I told him how I felt one day, explaining that he should at least try to see what it was like, but all he replied with was "I cant see myself kissing another guy". At that point, I snapped at him, telling him how it was not about physical love but it's mental and emotional, but he went offline then.

Is there some way I can ever convince someone who has never had the gay/bi experience to at least trial is for a little bit?
Serenity Willow

Re: Just need some advice

Post by Serenity Willow »

HI Eternal Wolf, I believe that's messing with someones free will. You do not know what's best for someone else as you are not the Higher Power here. I think it's more about accepting others and respecting their decisions. I'm sure that you may have had to deal with this yourself. It's not for anyone to impose their beliefs or lifestyles on another person and then to judge them or snap at them because they don't live the way we want them to. Can you find it in your heart to accept this guy the way he is? You may end up losing a friend if you continue to judge him. Blessings Eternal Wolf <3
Bright Blessings Just for Today <3
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Hi, Eternal Wolf, yes I believe it is possible for someone to be absolutely one way or the other. And then there are some people who are what they are JUST FOR THE PRESENT. Meaning that at some point in their life they may change, but it sounds like your friend is straight for now and you may frighten him away if you push him. It might be better to have him just as a platonic friend than to lose him from your life completely. He may have more value in your life that way and if someday that changes or if it doesn't then you will not have lost that friend.
Blessings~~~
Serenity Willow

Post by Serenity Willow »

Very well said Truthseeker :)
Bright Blessings Just for Today <3
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Thank you. Blessings~~

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”