Homosexuality and Paganism

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
PaganMister94

Homosexuality and Paganism

Post by PaganMister94 »

What are the views of homosexuality among Pagans (Wiccans, Druids, etc)?
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: Homosexuality and Paganism

Post by Lost_Demise »

The religion I'm in doesn't care enough about sexuality to comment on it so I consider that a good sign on its own.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I have no problems with homosexuality. I don't think many Pagans (as a general term) do.

My personal opinion is that they were given the gift of having both feminine and masculine qualities. And in my opinion, that is divine.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

A similar question would be "what colour hair do all pagans have" for the answer is the same "all sorts".

There are homophobic pagans, there are homosexuals pagans. Overall paganism is very tolerant but there are exceptions.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Agreed, wiccans witches and pagans generally are quite openminded about homosexuality! I think thats one of the things that brings more and more people to the path, i mean i was christian and pretty much as gay as a ladybug so when i discovered that the wiccan/ pagan community accepted gays (and there wasnt any special place for us like hell) i was relieved and overjoyed.
I mean lets face it priests say "god loves you all" and then " ah, you are gay you will burn in hell eternally you perv" go figure!
Ofcourse there are still people who arent comfortable with homosexuality and thats ok, cause people arent brainwashed or something.
Did that help?
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Actually its been proven most people that are homophobic have homosexual tendencies..^^;
Asch

Post by Asch »

I know that a large part of the appeal of paganism to me is the logical and compassionate stance it tends to take, whether it is viewing our world as a cradle that nurtures human life (or should if we weren't tearing at her like the most savage of cancers) or being wise enough to realize that its the soul that matters and not genitals!
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
FenrisComesForth

Post by FenrisComesForth »

As long as I live with honor, Im good in the eyes of the Aesir.
Rosewolf

Post by Rosewolf »

Love is always to be embraced. When, out of all the billions of people on the planet, you find someone to share love with you, why waste time by worrying that that person happens to be of the same gender? I could never follow a religion that was willing to turn its back on love and to me a religion that chose to turn its back on homosexuality would be turning its back on love.
Cinder
Location: Travelling through my soul attempting to find myself.

Post by Cinder »

Well Dionysus is the God of Homosexuality so I suppose it would by alright, you know, in the book of the Gods. lol.
Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

"Well, I guess i'm that one curly fry in the box of regulars" ~Jason Mraz. :) <3

~Life is Good :) <3~
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

I think it's safe to say that many, probably even most Pagans have no problem with LGBT people. It's been debated whether Gerald Gardner was homophobic. Some Wiccans of that period surely were. No group of people is free of closed-minded bigots. There are homophobic Christians, Asatruars, atheists, Buddhists, and so forth. Ignorance has no creed.

Some in the Craft have been put off by the Goddess/God imagery as being a straight couple. But there are some gay specific traditions, such as Brotherhood of the Phoenix, Body Electric (I think it's called), and Dianic Witchcraft I'm guessing has a sizable lesbian following.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”