Pan-sexual

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Zili

Pan-sexual

Post by Zili »

For the first time I decided to look up a specific word I have heard before but didn't understand and couldn't bee bothered to look it up at that time...

but now that I have I must amend, all this time I thought i fell under the classification of "bi-sexual" but upon learning the term "pan-sexual" i found that the term fits me much better. I've explained i know at least once on here that I am not "greedy" as some people like to call bi-sexuals but that i was open to the idea of finding love where ever it may be, regardless of the gender of the person I happen to fall in love with. I'm glad I can now use a correct term XD lol
zenine

Post by zenine »

So then bisexual means you like men or women whereas pan sexual means you can like a man, a woman or a transexual, is that right ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

To me, Pansexual is completely overlooking gender when you like a person. They could be male, female, transsexual, androgynous, intersexed, crossdressers...etc.

At least in my case. I'm a sucker for feminine boys, androgynous girls, and crossdressers from either side.
Zili

Post by Zili »

bi-sexual is the actual physical attraction to both males and females, where as pan-sexual isn't so much physical attraction, the physical means nothing to us, we are more concerned with the person on the inside regardless of what gender they are.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

That's interesting, I had never heard of that before...
Laarien

Post by Laarien »

This fits my sister to a T. Thanks for that. :)
Zili

Post by Zili »

No problem I'm so happy I've found this information out for myself I came out of the closet almost a year ago thinking I was bi, but unsure since i wasn't really attracted to anyone for their body...Now I guess I have to make amends and tell the people I told the correct term now XD lol
zenine

Post by zenine »

So do you think maybe someone's gender doesn't really give them their personality? If that makes sense. I mean would you think that a person doesn't do things because they're a boy or a girl, or at least not the main reason?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
Zili

Post by Zili »

Gender doesn't give personality, life experience and how one deals with it results in personality.
leo_luna

Post by leo_luna »

I like that thought :-) I'm like that too, but more into girls than guys, but I always say I like people or I follow the heart, not the gender...
Zili

Post by Zili »

yep that's exactly it ^_^ follow the heart regardless of where it leads.
lonelymaiden

Re: Pan-sexual

Post by lonelymaiden »

It is hard to explain exactly what being pan sexual means to people. For some reason they think that I am just a slut who will have sex with any one, but that is not even close. For once I wish some one would just understand. :cry:
love beats all (;

Post by love beats all (; »

=D I've recently really been questioning my sexuality and this fits my resolved views totally! Love shouldn't be boundaried by something such as gender...IMO
Armina

Post by Armina »

This is nice to hear as I have always said to my hubbie, I believe that people will fall in love with the person regardless of their gender. It is the person they love and want to be with. This sums it up in my opinion :)
lonelymaiden

Post by lonelymaiden »

You are so right honey. Gender matters not only if you love that person. :)

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”