Hate Speech on Facebook

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Sallydreams

Hate Speech on Facebook

Post by Sallydreams »

I got a message from one of my mother's friends on facebook about my profile picture. It's a picture of me kissing my girlfriend.... I wrote a blog about it with a screenshot of the message. Feel free to tell me what you think and comment how you see fit.

http://smalltownwiccan.blogspot.com/201 ... rimes.html
djoya

Post by djoya »

I am going to share not my ideas on the conversation but instead what my own response may have been. (even though I am straight)

Kissing my girlfriend is an expression of love and I am proud to display that expression. I hope that you have an avenue that you enjoy to express your love and to be yourself. For what a cold and sad, judgemental world we would live in if other people put limitations on such things as a sweet kiss between loves.

If you do personally in anyway feel offened by my photo please feel comfortable to remove me from your friends list. I personally find it charming when people of any sex in relationships post pictures of affection, and will happily be continuing to do so myself.

~Love~

P.S. Oh, and I think the picture of you and your girlfriend is very beautiful by the way:)
Storm Rune

Post by Storm Rune »

I agree,

Interfearing old baggage !!!!!
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I hope that woman got banhammered. That is hate speech.

It's so stupid. I see pictures of (straight) women and men all the time kissing their spouses/SOs and kids, and they're all very lovely pictures that show how devoted they are to their families, and there are little if any negative comments on those pictures.

But I ran across one person (I was just browsing around and happened to find them) who displayed a picture of him kissing his boyfriend, and there were a lot of negative comments.

How pathetic and low can people get?
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Exactly! And then the woman messaged me again seconds after and was all, "O, and it hurts your mother!" Umm... yeah... she can suck it too. lol

People really piss me off. I've been angry all day over this.
Storm Rune

Post by Storm Rune »

It your life, not theirs,

You live it how YOU want to, not how they would like you to, simple as that.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

This frustrates me to no end...
I'm glad you cut that person out of your life. :) She was a cancerous tumor that had to be removed. xD Lol. Seriously, though, I can't believe people think that they are so righteous that they can say these things.
If a Christian tries to tell me what I am doing 'wrong', I simply give them the scripture of Matthew 7:5. Excellent scripture to stop 'em in their tracks. :D
Don't let 'em get to you, hun.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I'm so happy I have a place like this to go where people don't judge me and are so supportive.

You guys are sooo friggin' awesome. :)
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

It is people like that who have made me who I am today...I thank them, for enabling me to stop caring what others thought about me. Being gay, one will eventually learn to do this, if met with heavy resistance from "friends" and family.
frisbee

There's a group called...

Post by frisbee »

Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook. It's pretty cool, you may want to check it out.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”