Bisexual

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Bisexual

Post by JBRaven »

Why does the gay community put down bisexuals? Everywhere I go people tell me either I am not gay at all because I married man or that I am less of a gay because I can't make up my mind. It is bullshit. I am sexually and emotionally attarcted to and act upon said attractions with both male and female so thus what am I ? greedy as I have heard some people here say, or just confused? Am I just a slut who has to f*ck everything? That is absurd. I am a loveing being who sees past gender confinements. Love is love no matter the sex. Yes there are some Bi people who are confused and yes some are more into the sexual aspect, but there are many gays and breeders who are just as confused and greedy without thier sexuality being questioned. I think that gays and straights down play a bisexual because no one wants to be lefted for some one of the oppisite sex.
And if I am bi and in a relationship does that make me gay or straight? my husband says I am straight because him and I are in a relationship. I still look at both men and women and have fancys for both but because I am not actively being bi does that make me less bi?
I am not confused or a sexual fiend. I know who I am and who find sexually attractive. Maybe bisexuals are next gen.
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

I think the fact we have to pick to be "normal" is absurd. I'm bi. I enjoy both boy and girl parts. It doesn't make me greedy. You're greedy if you want to be with more than one individual at once and try to. I have dated both sides. Just because you're with one sex doesn't mean you don't still like another. It doesn't mean you cheat, it just means the people and feelings are still there. Don't feel bad. I'm loving and some say I'm too forgiving. Don't ever let anyone put you down for anything, especially for how you feel =).
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I agree- having been someone who has grazed the grass on both sides of the fence, myself; being bisexual is not a greedy act. I don't think it takes away from the gay community; if anything, it helps "normalize" it a bit. The more bisexuals there are, the more ordinary loving either, both, or no one will become.

Bisexuality: the bridge between communities. :wink: :28: :wink:

~BB~
*M
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

JBRaven,

I am a bi-sexual male and to be honest, I have never understood why we as bi-sexuals are taken with less credibility than those who are gay or straight. We are not greedy, we just love based on the person not the gender. We are attracted to both genders and that is all there is to it. My girlfriend knows I am bi and honestly she does not mind one bit. We joke around all the time about how cute some guy looks or who would take him home and then share. That just comes with our relationship even if we would never act on anything. We as bi men and women know that we love the person not the gender. The key thing to remember is you are who you are and that is all there is to it. :)
Xal

Post by Xal »

Why stereotypically do Hispanic people and African Americans dislike each other?

A lot of minorities suffer from "kick the dog" syndrome.
Also I think some homosexuals feel that bisexual people discredit or weaken their own movement for equal treatment and respect.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Personally my tail has been burned a couple of times with bisexuals, they fool around with gay guys and then all of a sudden they turn straight. And the worst part is that after sometime into the oh-how-normal-it-is-being-str8 they look around for new guys to screw with!
And then i have to collect the pieces..
:evil:
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Is it easier to live a straight life while having homosexual desires? I don't think so, what is it a contest to see who has the hardest time?
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

I'm sorry, but there's good and bad in all types of people. I'm sure there's plenty of guys that have also screwed their girlfriends over by leaving them to be gay. Sadly, it's just a fact of life that there's alot of screwed up people out there. Maybe they're just curious?
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I am just saying!!
Xal

Post by Xal »

Witch13 wrote:I am just saying!!
Yeah but Zedd's a jerk.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

zed?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Xal,

I think you make a good point with your post. It comes down to attacking what you do not understand or feeling the odd one out. I find that there are definately some bi people out there that really have no idea who they are so they label themselves as bi so they can figure themselves out. This results in so much hurt for them and the people they are with. As I said, as a bisexual man I have to say my girlfriend is amazing. I have messed around with guys but never went all the way and I have some experience with girls as well. I have decided to save myself for marriage or at least for someone I truely love and honestly, I know it was best for me. That does not mean I do not look at guys and girls (my girl makes comments about cute guys) and it does not bother either of us because we are solid. I think it comes down to being who you are and to hell with people who want to just be stupid and label you because they do not like or understand who you are.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I don't have a problem with bisexuals.

Personally I wouldn't get involved with one in a long term relationship for exactly the reasons Witch13 pointed out.

Having said that, I have met lots of male bisexuals who are happy to 'fool around' with other men but would only ever consider settling down with a woman.

I have never met a bi man who spends the rest of his life in a monogomous relationship with another man.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Greymalkin,

I see your point and have to say you are most likely more correct than many people realize. I know for me, I know I am bi and am definately comfortable in my own skin but my girlfriend and I are very much in love and I honestly believe we will get married. My feeling on it is, that does not change who I am but my morals are such that fooling around with guys now that I am in a commited relationship is just not an option. I think you made some great points though.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Maybe you haven't met any bi guys who have a long term committed relationship with another man is because you see him just as strictly gay. The idea of a bisexual other than a single person who has many sexual encounters is hard to comperhend. I guess if your not bi you just see a "marriage" as gay or straight.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”