A question for Whitewitchboi

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

A question for Whitewitchboi

Post by Greymalkin »

I think it's really good you're here hoping to learn about the craft when you're a dedicated christian, but I was just wondering, what are your views on homosexuality?
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Re: A question for Whitewitchboi

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Greymalkin wrote:I think it's really good you're here hoping to learn about the craft when you're a dedicated christian, but I was just wondering, what are your views on homosexuality?
quite poking the bear... he's been very civil so far. No need to call anyone out here.
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

it's okay, i don't mind. in the old testament it says that it's bad, but when jesus came he instituted a new order with god,and the new order is love and forgiveness. i am straight and mad about my girlfriend, i love her so, so much, but i do not hold it against someone else. less men to stare at my girlfriend anyways, lol.

sides, i have a friend who's gay and he says he was born that way, so i think god must have made him that way. if god made him that way, who am i to say it's bad? god made everything, even gay people, so god must love them. if god love gay people, i need to try to, too.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Whitewitchboi_235 wrote:it's okay, i don't mind. in the old testament it says that it's bad, but when jesus came he instituted a new order with god,and the new order is love and forgiveness. i am straight and mad about my girlfriend, i love her so, so much, but i do not hold it against someone else. less men to stare at my girlfriend anyways, lol.

sides, i have a friend who's gay and he says he was born that way, so i think god must have made him that way. if god made him that way, who am i to say it's bad? god made everything, even gay people, so god must love them. if god love gay people, i need to try to, too.
Excellent, now just try to convince the others of that ;)
Whitewitchboi_235

lol. i try. like i said, its hard sometimes, i am the first one to admit there's problems in the faith. i live it the best i can, and it's hard, but the faith is lived out by flawed people, no better than me... so i just sigh and keep trying. and trying. maybe someday i will make difference. if nothing else, i can teach my children, someday, that love is the law.

change comes slow, one person at a time.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

That's all you can do. Its noble that you try at all.

In fairness its not as if the pagan community is perfect. There are reckless people who create unfortunate stereotypes for the rest of us. As well there are more then a few bitter souls whom ride a high horse.

No one group is perfect. :)
Whitewitchboi_235

no one is perfect. we're human, and that's it. if god made us perfect the world would be a really different place, but we aren't, so we just gotta do wat we can.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

you remind me a lot of me when I was Christian. I hope it works out well for you. :)
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

It must always be remembered there's good and bad in everyone, regardless of race, religion, creed or nationality.

I really dislike the word 'community'. Everyone seems to dividing themselves off into little groups - The Gay community, The pagan community, The Black community - I think it's a dreadful thing.

It implies that everybody who belongs to that "community" is the same as each other and shares a certain bond.

I have to say that even though I'm gay, most gay people I met annoy the hell out of me, and even though I'm pagan I usually find myself disagreeing with most other pagans.

I dislike 'communities'. Whatever happened to individuality?
Whitewitchboi_235

sorry it took me so long to get to this, i got grounded from the computer, lol.

ya, I know what you mean graymalkin. i don't know about pagan or wicca or the other things, but sometimes it's a pain being part of a group. people look at you want want to pin all the bad stuff on you because you're part of it, even if youre trying to stop the bad.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Welcome back Whitewitchboi. Now with Shaman of bliss gone I had nobody to talk to for a while. :D
Whitewitchboi_235

lol, i'm back for reals now. i got grounded again... got into a fight with the preacher's kid at church. *blush*

bad me, i lost my temper. *sighs*
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

That was naughty. What was the fight about? May I ask?
Whitewitchboi_235

Sarah. she was raised atheist, so she decided to come to church with me to see what i believed, and she wore her little pentagram ring... it's small, so i didn't see a problem with it, since everyone knows she's not christian. the preacher's kid got up on his high horse and started talking crap about her after the service in front of everyone. i was sooo mad!

one because we had a guest at the church and he was talking smack about her when she's tryiung to be understanding, it makes a really bad impression, and two because he was dissing my girlfriend.

it started words, then he wouldn't shut his mouth and i hit him. >.< i wasn't doing a good job of being christlike, i know, but Sarah was crying by then and no one else was telling him to shut up but me.

mom and dad say if it happens again i'm grounded till i'm thirty, lol.

sarah's feeling better and says she'll give christians another chance, but i think we're gonna go to a different church next time. my catholic friend says their services are interesting, we might go there once. i don't want to go too soon though, i'm so embarrassed. i don't even want to go to -my- church. i felt like that guy gave us all a really bad name, and then everyone else just stood there... it was bad.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Mmmm, I can see why you feel like you do.

On the positive side, well done for defending Sarah. That took guts to stand up and do that in front of all your church friends.

On the negative side, when you hit people then you're letting them win because they've got the better of you.

But I'm not going to preach to you, you know all this.

The important thing to remember is what's done is done and you can't change it. So put it behind you and move on.

This annoying kid is obviously an idiot and no doubt he'll already be saying plenty about both you and Sarah.
He's a small-minded little bug and can't see how much courage it took for Sarah to visit the church.
I bet he wouldn't sit in on one of her wiccan rituals.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”