My Summer trip to Florida

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
kgwitch

My Summer trip to Florida

Post by kgwitch »

This Summer I went to Florida for 2 weeks and it was the best holiday I've ever had.

I recomend:
THE MAGIC KINGDOM: You can't possibly miss out on this theme park. It's just enchanting. I loved every second of it regardless of Disney's bad view of witches. And it is not just for kids. Best bits in my opinion would be the Haunted Mansion and The Beauty and the Beast show.

EPCOT: Perfect for those fascinated by ecology and other Earth Sciences. There are two particular attractions I'd reccomend. 'Ellen's Energy Adventure' ride through time with Ellen Degenerus as she teaches you about the Earth's energy sources. And 'Project Earth' journey through history and into the future in this visually stunning ride. Very educational and fun.

ANIMAL KINGDOM and SEA WORLD: Who doesn't love animals. At Sea World I saw a walrus doing sit ups!!!! lol.
There are some great safari rides at the animal kingdom which I reccomend. And at Sea World you must see Shamu the killer whale, not to mention the sealion show and the dolphin show... basically see every show! Stay at nighttime to see a spectacular firework display.

KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE: Fascinating museum. Gives you a spectacular look at the life of an atronaught. You must try out the Rocket Launch Simulator. It is amazingly realistic and will be as close as I get to the real thing, trust me. They also have an Imax which shows some inspirational films about moonlandings and such.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS: Fantastic theme park with rides that rival Disney. The two best attractions for me were the new Simpsons ride and the 3D Spiderman ride. Both with amazing special effects which make you feel like your in a movie set!

I had a fabulous time and I was really depressed coming back home.
Oh and i stayed in the Lake Buena Vista resort and spa, which I would also reccomend becuase it was gorgeous!

blessed be
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for sharing that, Kris! I really love anything to do with helping the Earth so I'm glad that those attractions are available. I'd love to see them sometime.

Brightest Blessings,
TheSilverFox

Post by TheSilverFox »

Hi Kris,

I've been to Walt Disney World summer 2006 for ten days. I really enjoyed it too. It was my second time going. They really do have something for everyone. I think everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime. If any of you planning to go please plan to go two weeks because it takes that long to cover everything. Animal Kingdom and Epcot (World Showcase) each take two and a half days to cover alone plus if you are into the parades and fireworks you can't see them at all the parks in the same night. I will have to come back and post some pics when I get a chance.
kgwitch

Post by kgwitch »

Oh, good idea. I'll have to post some of my photos. Expect them soon. I got some amazing animal shots from seaworld!
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Oh, that sounds like fun. It has been a long time since I've been to Florida.
Cherokeewind
NatureJunkie

Post by NatureJunkie »

I know this is an old topic, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in..
I live in Central Florida, very close to the attractions.. and believe me, when you live so close and have been to them a few times, they lose they're magic.
If you ever decide to make another trip to Florida, consider it's natural attractions. The Canaveral National Seashore (the protected beaches) and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge are absolutely beautiful!! :D
Also, Ocala National Forrest awesome. It has a few natural springs you can swim and snorkel, caves *roped off*, and nature trails that take you back into the forrest. And you can never go wrong with the Keys and all the islands that border Florida on the Gulf Coast and off the Everglades National Park.
I have lived in Florida my whole life, and I've visited many of it's natural wonders. I'm sure I've missed a few, if you know of any good places let me know, and I'll make a quick drive and let ya'll know how great it is! ^-^
alysiawarn

Re: My Summer trip to Florida

Post by alysiawarn »

Florida is known for its beautiful beaches. The other attractions are Walt Disney World, Orlando Science Center, Sea World, Orlando, SkyVenture and many more.
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

I live in florida so i do that all the time is great!
Only the body dies. The soul lives on. - Scott Cunningham
HollyWolf

Post by HollyWolf »

I have travelled down to west palm beach florida several times for the summer because i have family there. my favorite thing was seaworld and getting to feed a stingray. Also last summer we drove down and stopped in St. Augustine florida. its a really cool historic town and the have the "fountain of youth" really cool attraction actually. it is a beautiful city with very cool tours available. Also Sanibel island has the J.N. Ding Darling wildlife preserve and that was a supper cool experience as well.

Return to “Travel”