Disneyland photo stream

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disneyland photo stream

Post by Firebird »

Hey Firebird, you and your daughter just got fully vaccinated...what are you going to do next??

'WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!'

Like I had said... when daughter was about 4 or 7 we can't remember, but after we came to a ride that had a sign that said, "your estimated wait time is over 2 hours from this sign" I told her this is crazy and I'm never coming back. Not to mention the ridiculous price to get in....even then, the only way we could afford it was because they ran a special for anyone in "X" zip codes and we were in one of those zip codes.
When I was a kid it was a novelty to bring every relative that came to town to visit out to Disneyland, my mother even used to spell the word D-I-S-N-E-Y-L-A-N-D out so we kids wouldn't catch wind until one day I knew what she was spelling! LoL
Anyway, when I heard they were letting people in at 25% capacity I asked daughter if she would want to go. I got and over the top YESSSSS!
It was great, we jointly celebrated her birthday and Mothers day which it fell on neither but that didn't matter, it was a mom/daughter outing and I had the best fricking time. Most lines were 15 or 20 minutes wait or you just walked right in. The longest was Pirates of the Caribbean at about 45 min. We secured our space via an app for the Indiana Jones ride and the new Rise of the Resistance, which was really good, in the Galaxies Edge area. The only drawback was many restaurants and bars were closed and the ones that were open were not taking orders because they were so busy, so we ate popcorn and didn't get any dinner until we left the park and found an In and Out Burgers at about 11:00pm.
the Magic castle
the Magic castle
wide open!
wide open!
i'll be back
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disneyland photo stream

Post by Firebird »

:flyingwitch:

The Matterhorn wasn't open, they were working on it. Seems the last time I was here they were working on it. :|
The Matterhorn
The Matterhorn

Many of my photos are like this. By the time the camera light-meters the room the ride swings you around to the next scene. The photos are lots of crazy colors and blurs and are like an acid trip, which you got to wonder, how the heck did Walt come up with some of this stuff?? LoL
Mr Toads Wild Ride
Mr Toads Wild Ride

So many stories started out this way..."Once upon a Time" This is at the entrance to Snow Whites Castle. (Which by the way was one of the longest lines that day at maybe 45 minutes)
Once upon a Time!
Once upon a Time!

Snow Whites castle ride had under gone some sort of transformation to make it "less scary" I asked what that was and apparently they removed some of the witch images. It's unfortunate that the witch is still portrayed in such a negative way that they had to rethink traumatizing young children. I do remember my little cousin bawling her head off when she came off that ride when we were kids.
the wicked Queen turns into the witch
the wicked Queen turns into the witch

You couldn't get close to the "characters" so they had a photo area.
Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy
Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy
More later, or sooner
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Travel”