Magic Places

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Magic Places

Post by SnowCat »

Where have you been that felt magical or that has a supernatural or magical feel or reputation? For me, it's Great Sand Dunes National Park. Late May through mid-June is the prime time for a visit. The snow melt from the Sangre de Cristos feeds Medan Creek during that time. The water is warm by mid day, and the sand is scorching. It's a wonderful place for connecting with the Elements, and just good wet and sandy fun.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Magic Places

Post by Firebird »

Have always wanted to go to Chaco Canyon, and was really hoping to when I was in Albuquerque, (so much to do so little time!) But that place looks like it contains some great juju, not to mention a solar and lunar rock calendar.
However 2 places really charge me spiritually and that is Yosemite and Mammoth Ca. I think there is something to those Sierra Mountains. John Muir has some great books written about him, reflecting on his veiws and notes about the magic of the place that are really inspiring.
Then there is the beach, my freaking god, this is why I pay the high rent that I do. :shock: I should go every day....
Zuma is my favorite.
Earth, Air, Fire and Water! All in one fabulous package.!!!
bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Meet me at the sand dunes next summer!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mustangurl68

Post by mustangurl68 »

The ocean, mountains and natural caves are my favorites and since moving here (illinois has no ocean) an Indian burial place called Cahokia Mounds.. i leave offering there where their wooden stonehenge is. The placement of the wooden pillars is exceptional.
medusa3777

Post by medusa3777 »

mustangurl68 wrote:The ocean, mountains and natural caves are my favorites and since moving here (illinois has no ocean) an Indian burial place called Cahokia Mounds.. i leave offering there where their wooden stonehenge is. The placement of the wooden pillars is exceptional.
I get different feelings from different trees. Some seem to attract me more than others
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Great topic!

I would say standing on any beach with the ocean waves hitting my toes, recharges my battery, but then I am a Pisces.
The Mayan ruins of Tulum is absolutely magical. They stand on a 40ft cliff, and below is a beautiful private beach. I can't even explain how it felt to stand there, staring at the sky and ocean. Touching stones that were once placed there by a mysterious people. Wow... it was amazing.

The Jesuit ruins in Paraguay South America. Although the history is quite sad I found it buzzing with energy. I could almost see the monks walking the gardens and hear the Indians playing the harps. I also have this feeling with The Alamo.

Jefferson, Texas is a small town but very magical and they seem to embrace it. There is so much history there...it seems to awaken something in me that I don't always tap into. My little girl feels it too.

My hometown was once the home of the Caddo Indians and there are Indian burial grounds all over. Many of them have been disturbed and the remains put into a box. Along with the beautiful old oak trees and the quiet forests, I find my town very magical. I make sure I pay my respects to the past for what people are doing to the land now is saddening.

And of course any place in Louisiana is buzzing with amazing energy...especially if your sensitive. I love New Orleans. There's definitely magic going on there.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I've visited quite a few of the places in Bulgaria that are considered "magickal", but there are only two places where I actually felt energy. These are: https://www.facebook.com/13475650326298 ... 272943533/ which seems to have really renewing energy and even though it's quite high in the mountain, once you set foot there, you stop feeling tired.

The other place is Kozhuh mountain, which is an extinct volcano and has this intense fire energy. At least this is what I felt. The most renowned Bulgarian clairvoyant and herbalist lived there (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Vanga). She was born in present day Macedonia and had a house in Petrich, but built a house near the Kozhuh mountains, because she felt like she had to. There is a Thracian sanctuary there and supposedly an ancient town called Heraclea Sintica.
redrumdog4

Post by redrumdog4 »

For me it's beaches. Not only is it nostalgic but it's also rejuvenating and peaceful. The salt water is good for hair treatments and skin.
Plus the sand is all toasty from the sun. At night it's a new magickal place.
Powerful and mysterious.
:)
redrumdog4

Post by redrumdog4 »

That and forests. ♡♡♡ I really want to visit a swamp. :0
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I used to play in a swamp when I was a kid. There was a ravine near our house, that the storm sewers emptied into. It was the neighborhood hangout.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

The Soča river; used for healing purposes before Christianization of the region. Also one of the places I intend to trek out to after our move. :)
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

While it may not have any magical background that I know of, I know a place that sure FEELS magical!

Allerton Park in Monticello, Illinois, is one place that is a really spiritual experience to visit, in my opinion. Acres and acres of forest, gardens, statues, twisting labyrinths, gazebos, the Sun Singer statue (probably the most iconic attraction at the park), the pioneers graveyard, the Sun Dogs, etc.....

So much art, architecture, nature, and a blending of various cultures, and it's truly beautiful. Anyone living in Illinois or the surrounding areas should definitely make the trip and stay a weekend in Monticello, to explore the park. (Not to mention, after leaving the park, I found the most eclectic little road of diners and shops, it was neat!)

Anyway, I can't really describe the feeling that visiting the park gives. It was incredibly stirring to me, and I feel like the only way to truly experience it would be to visit it yourself. (Although I'm sure if you google 'Allerton Park, Monticello Illinois' you'll find some great pictures.)
I've written poetry about night hikes I've taken there, where the trees look like they're literally dancing against the dark sky...and about a candlelight ceremony that my 4-H group did one night in the Sunken Gardens. I will probably make a different thread telling those stories/sharing that poetry, because I think (hope) you'll all enjoy it.

Anyway, there's my rather passionate two-cents, so I hope you feel inspired to visit if you can. :)

~Falcon
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I like your passion about such a place, Falcon Heart!! Sounds absolutely beautiful!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We made our annual pilgrimage to the Great Sand Dunes yesterday. I took swimwear this year, and spent plenty of time just reclining in the middle of Medano Creek. I made sand angels, which washed away, and my youngest granddaughter did her best to bury me. I was able to get right down in the water and sand, and help with the various construction projects. Unfortunately, that had the effect of rubbing the sunscreen off my knees and the tops of my feet. Wearing shoes is an ordeal when the tops of one's feet are sunburned.

It was very refreshing and renewing, despite the lobster feet. The sand has a lot of iron and magnetite, so that, combined with the immersion in Earth, Air, Fire and Water, really helped my spirits. But I'm still trying to get all of the sand out of my hair and ears.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Natascha90

Post by Natascha90 »

For me it's whenever I am in a forest, there's a feeling that I can't describe but just never want to leave. Also I haven't been there but I always feel a pull towards Ireland .

Return to “Travel”