Will go to England in May (and I can't wait) :)

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
YanaKhan

Will go to England in May (and I can't wait) :)

Post by YanaKhan »

So, I'll be going to London in May, 14th to 18th to be exact. I would love it if someone can direct me at an occult shop or witchy type of shop anywhere, or if any of you have the time to have a beer with me (Guinness in my case). I used to live in Nottingham and miss it terribly, so I will probably go visit my friends there too. I'm just SOOOOOO excited, I feel like a puppy before a walk and have my leash in my teeth, jumping, ready to go :)
Vesca

Re: Will go to England in May (and I can't wait) :)

Post by Vesca »

No real advice, but have a good time! :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thank you, Vess, I definitely will :) I love England, I had a wonderful time living there and absolutely adore Nottingham - I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited (and I've been to some incredible places). I love the people there, I have some amazing friends, who have always been there for me and I love them with all my heart. And I haven't visited England in 11 years. I feel like it's going to be fantastic :) This trip is already all I can think about :D
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've never been to Nottingham, I lived in St. Albans though. ^^

I never really did develop a liking for London, but I suspect that's because I'm more of a country girl than a city girl. There is one occult shop in London that I believe is called Atlantis (I could be wrong, I've only been there twice and it was awhile back). It's where Crowley once resided and where some of his fiction works came out of (if I'm remembering correctly).

Basically, it's a little bitty hole in the wall bookstore. But it was neat to visit. Can't for the life of me remember where it was though.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Have fun my darling! I'm headed home to Staffordshire to visit family before my holiday in Cambodia at the end og July.
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Aww you leave before londons mcm comic con haha
I was born in london but i was raised in a town close to Cambridge. I have few experiences of london and i literally only travel down there for the comic con. Sorry i cant be of any help. Maybe google can help?
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

How exciting Yana!
I would think we must have at least one member in that local area :fairy:
call us from the pub!
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, sure, I'll be buying :)
I did a little research and Vesca, this shop seems to me like a must visit ;) I lived in England for a year and didn't make the time to go to London, but I do have a good feeling about it - I mean, I wouldn't go to live in a city this big (although Notts isn't small either), but to visit and do shopping, well, there is no better place :)
Apparently in the same area as Atlantis, there are 4 other occult shops. This is near the British Museum and I'm already headed for a bankrupt with all the books and supplies I want. There are certain roots and resins I can't find here, and if I order them online, the shipping will cost as much as the thing I ordered.
Well, I believe there must be a member from London too, but I would settle for a meeting we organize :) WHat do ya'll say? :D

Return to “Travel”