St. Augustine

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
RainDownOnMe

St. Augustine

Post by RainDownOnMe »

I just recently returned from a visit to St. Augustine, Florida. It is very beautiful there. There are many witchcraft and pagan shops throughout the downtown area. It was really interesting to see the oldest "city" in the US. The different architecture from the different eras was really intriguing. I went to the first Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, which had some pretty "different" artifacts in it. A mummified cat, penis sheath, shaman necklaces and fetishes, a hex symbol from a barn from somewhere I forget at the moment (I'll post a couple pics later after midterms), and various other oddities.
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

did you get a chance to go to the lighthouse?
RainDownOnMe

Post by RainDownOnMe »

:( No, I didn't. We basically only got to ride the trolley. I went to visit my boyfriend's mother along with him and his two sisters....drama ensued so we had to cut the trip a little short.
Moon Stone

Re: St. Augustine

Post by Moon Stone »

I visited there once back in 2006. I was actually visiting Daytona, but me and my boyfriend (at the time) thought it would be interesting to check out the sights in St. Augustine.

If you liked St. Augustine, you would probably appreciate a place called Cassadaga, which is like this one village or town of wiccans, witches, psychics, etc.
Magic101

Re: St. Augustine

Post by Magic101 »

im thinking about going to a college there. Flagler College looks really nice :D

Return to “Travel”