Japan!

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
blackswordca

Japan!

Post by blackswordca »

Here are some of the highlights from my trip to Japan last year.

Feel free to look at the rest of the galleries, but keep in mind that my sense of humor and sense of spelling, can be off a bit

enjoy!

http://www.sumotrav.com/index.php?q=gal ... itemId=269

http://www.sumotrav.com/index.php?q=gal ... itemId=593

http://www.sumotrav.com/index.php?q=gal ... itemId=805
"The meek shall inherit the Earth.. the rest of us shall conquer the stars"
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

I hate you! (I don't really :P) I'm just SO jealous! I really, really, REALLY want to go to Japan! I even speak some japanese :P
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

MidnightWolf wrote:I hate you! (I don't really :P) I'm just SO jealous! I really, really, REALLY want to go to Japan! I even speak some japanese :P
I loved it there, an im planning on going back April 2011 or so.

I managed to get through it pretty well with no Japanese. The people are very friendly and its actually fairly inexpencive to go there if your smart.

April is the best time to go, temperatures are moderate and there wasnt a lot of rain.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Cool pics! :D

One Walker.
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

Every time i look at them I want to go back...
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

I won a competition for a trip to Japan. I was supposed to go live with a family for the summer. The competition stated in the rules one boy and one girl. They have sent one boy and one girl for the last 13 years.

However, something political happened and they broke their own rules and sent the two girls. That was 2 years ago.

I still haven't gotten over it. :cry:
AzureImpaler

Post by AzureImpaler »

Awww, lucky duck. I've been dying to go. (I'll be going in 2010 or 2011 myself).

My parents actually lived in Japan for over a year before my older brother was born. :D

They (well, my dad) built Tokyo Disneyland. My mom wrote Japanese/English manuals for the Japanese and English speakers.
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
hachiban08

Post by hachiban08 »

I've been to Japan as well! I was a summer student ambassador in Kurume, Fukuoka, Kyushu, Japan :) It was fun. I went to Daibutsu, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, etc. Twas fun. I miss Japan and my host family. Hope to study abroad there next year or something.
Melindrose

Re: Japan!

Post by Melindrose »

I would love to know where you went as I was stationed there with the military and never saw some of the sights you have on camera. But then it looks like you were in a different part.
alysiawarn

Post by alysiawarn »

Japan has many attractions like Ginza District, Roppongi District, Tokyo National Museum, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Nagoya Port and Hiroshima Peace Memorial. It is such a nice place for spend holidays with friends or family.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

alysiawarn wrote:Japan has many attractions like Ginza District, Roppongi District, Tokyo National Museum, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Nagoya Port and Hiroshima Peace Memorial. It is such a nice place for spend holidays with friends or family.
I have been to a Ginza, and Roppongi and near Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I however did not recognize most of the places in the photos.
azriel

Post by azriel »

I went to school in Nagoya for a few months and I have to say that I have never felt more at home in any other country. The people I studied with were all scientists as well but also saw the importance of spirituality and how honor and respect should also be given to the most unlikely of subjects!

Blessings,
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

I want to visit japan tooooooooo! I'm in seoul now so I'm close to japan but argh, money!
azriel

Post by azriel »

Now I am the one who is a little jealous ; p. I would love to visit Korea as well!

If you don't mind me asking shatteredsouls, how is Seoul?

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

I'm 2 years late answering you but seoul's vibrant! Good for shopping and food, for better tasting or cheaper food, try non-tourist area. If you're into Korean culture, best to travel out of seoul...

I read that you studied at Nagoya for a while. Were you taking your masters degree there?

Return to “Travel”