The Wild Trees. Plenty of pics!

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
One Walker

The Wild Trees. Plenty of pics!

Post by One Walker »

How weird is weird? How many strange and unusual things do you have to see in a certain place before you begin to realize there's something wild and wonderful at work? There's a message out there if you only look, and perhaps a comparison to humans that may be startling.

Some things are beautiful no matter what the conditions:

Sooner or later we all get 'Gooed' on!

Sooner or later we'll all have weird growths on our bodies. Some are just more obvious than others.

How about elbows?

If a tree can change its mind about the direction it's going, why can't we?

Can a tree get hooked?

Somebody...

is always...

WATCHING!

Ape Face?

Lets talk about facing adversity. I don't see how this tree can still be hanging on, let alone flourishing. It's had its upper half removed. Then it is sicking out the side of the riverbank, hanging on only by its roots. The earth there is nothing but soft sand and dirt, and yet not only does this tree continue to hold itself in place; it has grown new trunks out of the top side of its main trunk out near the end as you can see.

Life finds a way...

Hope you enjoyed these! And the next time you're out in The Wild look around. You might be surprised at what you see in it and learn about yourself. :wink:

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Mairte

Post by Mairte »

I LOVE those pictures and messages with each!
Our small town is smack dab in the middle of a "wild" area, I will have to be more observant, philosophical. :)
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Thanks, Mairte!

I LOVE the Red Wing area (I'm up in Anoka-North of the cities. Minnesota born and raised. :wink: )! You have access to a beautiful and very interesting part of America. That's 'Old River' country and right on a fault line. Lots of mineral diversity but a huge diversity in flora and fauna. Enjoy it and thanks again for your kind words!

Blessings to you and all you hold dear!

Mairte

Post by Mairte »

You are welcome. :)
I grew up here, then lived away from the area for a while. It was good to come back. I have been a lot of places but havent found anything that is more beautiful in my eyes.(Though Northern MN comes close!)
Have you ever been down this way and seen the bald eagles? We see them at my parents place quite often.
Or a trip down the "river road", no matter what time of the year, but in the fall its especially vibrant, rivals New England.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

beautiful photographs : )
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Yes, I've been down there but it's been a long time. Never saw Eagles in that area but I've heard there are plenty of them. We have a pair of Bald Eagles and some Falcons, including Peregrin's-up by my place. I love watching them! I've tried to get some photos but so far I haven't been fast enough or they've been too far away.

[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

haha! that was great, one walker! :)
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

love them

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

:) Love the pictures deeply
How inspiring the concept of everything you mentioned!

Nature is so deeply pure...so sacred.

The most breathtaking pictures of the natural world raises energy that is hard to match through any other medium.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

I'm glad you all liked them!

Blessed Be!

Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

As always One Walker, lovely. :28:

Great story telling too- but then again, you're always an exceptional story teller. :grin:

-Those elbow images reminded me of a tree that a friend of mine in Ireland shot a picture of... it literally looks like it's reaching out to the sky. It's beautiful. (Looks a bit tortured too) :28: I'll ask him if he minds my posting a link here. (He has the image up on his flickr account).

~Bright Blessings to you!~
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

That would be very cool, Moonstone! I'd love to see it!

Return to “Travel”