How to communicate with a tree.

Earth Ritual

Re: How to communicate with a tree.

Post by Earth Ritual »

Well I'm happy this got bumped up because I never would have saw it. I was feeling particularly affirmed and inspired by this as I sat by a lake today. The area is a local park that has an interstate highway running beside it. For the longest I hated going to the park because I was overwelhmed with grief. But this time was different. I was inspired to bring a new frequency. So I offered medicines songs to the trees of the place. One of the things I've found that land likes as a way to shift the frequency to healing is cornmeal and tobacco. I will offer this next time I am there. Thanks One Walker.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

You're always welcome, Earth Ritual. If the message was any kind of help or inspiration then it served its purpose. Another thing that I personally found that the flora like is Epson Salt. Just a small amount of it (Salts are Acid-base, not Alkaline, so too much of it can be harmful). Not only is it a cleanser and purifier which I utilize in cleansing stones and other gifts from The Wild but it is also a natural food/fertilizer for plant-life.

This would dovetail nicely with the cornmeal and tobacco I would think. Tobacco is an anti-inflammatory for hemorrhoids in the human system. Its counter-treatment in the natural world is similar: anti-inflammatory for the toxic discharge system of plant-life. Corn, in fact all Yellow-colored fruits and vegetables, are blood thickeners/coagulators which enrich the blood supply and this holds true for both humans and plants. And the songs are wonderful! Music is as essential to them as it is to us. It can bring beautiful expression, healing, and inspiration. All in all I'd say you've made very good choices for things to bring to The Wild. I wish you all the best!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

Thank you that is really interesting! my daughter and i have a "special" tree that we feel in love with and we hug, im going to try communicating with it next time :D
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Strange, all I do with a tree to communicate with a tree is touch it and it feels much more clear and like one mind of one person to me that way. The tree as an individual that knows it's an individual. Done it though simple quiet touch forever, and it was through my apple tree that my apple tree told me my grandfather was at rest when my mother hadn't even been told he was dead yet. When I told her when the tree told me the poem she said it was around the time he died. If it where not for the individual that is my told apple tree I would have never known for sure that he was at peace. That's why when it said it wanted to be part of my birthday, an apple cinnamon cake was made. Then again it's also a very OLD apple tree.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I will consider the epsom salts. sometimes i have an inkling to offer salts to certain spirits but i hesitate because i use it for banishing and cutting. perhaps there is another side.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Guenn Eona Nimue

Post by Guenn Eona Nimue »

Sparkling Greetings to all from Guenn, it's been a while! A most excellent discription of how best to communicate with trees One Walker!

I wrote this recently in a forum called Oak & Mistletoe lamenting the recent loss of an eighty-five year old Maple tree (and a dear friend to me) that was just outside the bedroom window of the apartment I have lived in for
the last thirty-five years....

I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams what Faery Magick was to come....

I lost you, my old friend, a few days ago. For thirty-five years we together unfailingly marked the glorious changing of the seasons, and you kindly shaded the backside of my building during the heat of many a summer.

You were the picture of health towering seventy feet high, about the same age as me (85) from what I have been told. Numberless generations of squirrels and birds had called you home. So many happy memories.... the squirrels scurrying and leaping about.... the raccoons and possums that once found rest among your inviting branches.... all the birds nests that erupted with the delightful chorus of baby birds each year.... and the fascinatingly intricate freshly spun spider webs, glistening with morning dew, among your limbs in the light of the rising sun!

I loved you so very, very much.... Oh! My dear beloved old Maple Tree, how I wish I could have saved you!

You my old friend.... who brought such joy into my life, and the lives of so many others for so many years.... are gone."

Not long after I posted this little eulogy showing the tree that had been cut down, it was suggested by a member of the forum in Australia calling herself "Crystal" that some part of my old friend should be preserved and that perhaps a wand, a bowl or a pendant could be made.

Since my youngest son is an artist and former wood worker, he volunteered and began to search for just the right piece of wood. He found one that he liked but I rejected it because it didn't "feel" right. He continued to search and as he did he noticed a hollow near the center of the tree trunk that was exposed when it was cut down. It must have formed many, many years ago, probably seventy or eighty, while I was still only a child.

Clearly two tree trunks once close together had merged, becoming one. He cleared it of saw dust and made the most remarkable discovery.... Within the tree all these many years had been hidden a secret! I watched from the second floor walkway of the building as he carefully pried it loose.

When he brought it in I could hardly believe my eyes.... it was like a dream. It's about two inches across at the widest point and has all the subtle beauty of a great Emerald, my fovorite gem! On closer examination several very small bubbles could be seen and it became obvious that it is made of glass, perhaps naturally formed, perhaps man made, there is no way to know.... and there is no way to determine its actual age with any certainty either. What a wonderful mystery!

It was made clear to me over the course of several meditations that there really is no ritual or consecration that I or any one else could possibly perform that could in any way enhance or improve on the rich, slow and penetrating consecration the Nature Spirits and the Tree Spirit itself had already so skillfully accomplished.

There will be only a brief meditative visualization.... in silence.... and it will not be one of consecration, but rather one which both honors and gives loving thanks to the Tree Spirit and the Nature Spirits.

Several small pieces of glass have fallen off of the main piece, and one of the larger ones will simply be returned to the hollow during this meditative visualization, establishing a strong permanent connection between the Tree Spirit, the Nature Spirits, and myself.... It will then be placed on my altar, resting upon a small simply carved pedestal whittled by my son from a branch he saved.... Wishing wonderful things for you all.... Guenn

Here are better images of the hollow where it was found....

Lunaria

Post by Lunaria »

Beautiful and interesting ^^ can't wait to try!!! Good results I hope!
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I found these posts fascinating because I have a small grandaughter who is about to turn three. This child is the doughter of my daughter with whom I share some kind of psychic link. We are both empaths and we have observed signs that this child is also. She frequently cocks her head to one side as if listening. One day her mother asked her what she was hearing and she promptly informed her mom that the tree they were sitting under was talking to her ! :) This is something that is quite routine with her and not at all unusual. I believe this child is our 'third' -of myself, my daughter and one other person who forms our 'circle'.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

After reading and contemplating this post, I decided to go talk to a tree for the first time. :) I chose a tall, mighty oak in my grandmother's yard. I asked it how it was doing, and I felt it shivering beneath me. It told me it was very, very cold. So I pressed my right hand into the trunk and I channeled a lot of energy into it, and envisioned a warm glow surrounding the tree...do you think I helped any?

Anyway, thanks for the lovely post :D Tree-talking is definitely something that I'll be practicing a lot of in the future.

~Falcon
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I used to do this when I was younger, sing and talk to trees.

Ive started noticing trees, rocks, flowers etc more as I walk. Looking at them like its the first time Ive ever seen them. I will have to find and connect to a tree like this on one of my walks.
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

This is an awesome post! My favorite tree is an enormous old honey locust in a local park. It's older and taller than any other trees around. It's always a wonderful experience to sit under it and read. It really is communicating with me.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

This is wonderful!
Bookmarking
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
OldSoul7

Post by OldSoul7 »

One Walker,

This post has helped me to communicate and make a connection with a tree! I posted about it in another forum. Every time I spoke lovingly to the tree and stroked it and gave it healing energy, a breeze would come by and its branches and needles would gently caress me.

It was the greatest experience, and I plan to visit this tree regularly now!

Thank you for this wonderful information :)

-Elle
Yex

Post by Yex »

Wonderful thread. As a child I often talked to trees, and have always felt a strong bond with them. In adulthood I try to honor and communicate with trees as often as I can. There's a large, old evergreen in front of the house I live in now, and I communicate with it often, verbally or mentally.

As others have mentioned, I find tobacco to be an effective offering. In my experiences with Amazonian shamanism, the shamans smoke tobacco (granted nicotiana rustica, not nicotiana tabacum) habitually, and will blow smoke on plants as offerings and to convey messages and prayers. Every now and then I walk up to the my friend in front of my house and blow smoke on his trunk, mentally infusing my exhalation with sentiments of love and respect.

I'll be moving to a larger city soon, and while it's definitely the right move for this point in my life, I will be very sad to no longer live in the forest. I will have to make the extra effort to honor the trees, even in an urban setting!
love is the whole and more than all
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Very interesting post. Thank you. It is an old one, but I am very glad it got bumped back up - I would have missed it.
Myrth

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”