Water fairies abandoned me

greycat

Water fairies abandoned me

Post by greycat »

This happened so long ago but I still feel so let down by whatever water folk I was talking to.
It was somewhere around early 1961 to mid 1962. I was somewhere between 3 and a half and 5 years old. A rare family holiday, oh how lovely to get away. Camping by a lake, fishing for dad, mum relaxed, my sisters and I running wild all over. Me as usual talking with the animals and the fairies. Oh such bliss.

Time to go home and the darkness gathered around me, my friends told me on the way home we would camp over night by a river, in the morning I was to fall into the river and be swept away, ahh the promise of never hurting again. So I did go into the river, it was so fast and wild, freezing cold. I don't remember how long I was in the water, strangers pulled me out unconscious and "saved " me.

My parents never knew I jumped in deliberately, at my age I didn't know about suicide but that was my first attempt. Those fairies promised me and they just left me. That's when I knew never to trust anyone ever.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Water fairies abandoned me

Post by SpiritTalker »

I would say those Fae gifted you with a valuable lesson, that we are always responsible for our own actions (not always the outcome). Don't'ch'ya think they knew you'd be rescued? :)

One way to think of it is the realm of the Fae, the other-world, is like a mirror image of this one. Things are reversed. When the Fae give a gift we have to apply reverse-thinking to tweak out their intention. IMO we can usually trust that any creature will be true to it's nature. We don't expect other than natural behaviors from creatures of Nature.

I don't mean to dismiss that as a 3.5-5 year old you were experiencing pain of some nature in sufficient strength to want to escape it. I'm just suggesting a different way to think back on it.

A child wouldn't know this but as adults we Know it's our look-out to shield ourselves & open hailing frequencies with caution to minimize the chances of being hurt. We don't lose our sense of wonder under heaps of scaly scars. We preserve the wonder & awe by protecting it when it is needed. The Inner sense of beauty, wonder, awe & joy remain unblemished when we accept lessons like the one the Fae gave you that day.

Edit: have you ever read the fairytale called "Water Babies"? It's about water sprites flowing down stream to the sea.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Water fairies abandoned me

Post by Firebird »

In my practice it has been advised to "qualify" the messenger. Have a conversation with voice and determine if it is a malevolent or benevolent before doing what they request, there are plenty out there who still dwell in chaos. It is up to us to figure out how the outcome might be. Faye can cause lots of mischief but generally not deadly.

I wonder about the Sirens however, who rule the waters, they would lull sailors to their death and be comforted by them.

bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”