Good Gifts For An Aloe Vera?

Riverstone

Good Gifts For An Aloe Vera?

Post by Riverstone »

I've been communicating with an Aloe Vera that lives in my backyard. I've only just moved in, and it seems that the Aloe Vera has been there for a while before me, and it's been getting a bit sun burnt. I, of course, will be helping it get healthy again, but I feel like I should give it a gift of some sorts as well. It seems upset, and I want to help it feel better in the meantime. Any suggestions?
Shireside

Re: Good Gifts For An Aloe Vera?

Post by Shireside »

Sing to it! Plant spirits have a special relationship with song, if the wisdom of the curandero is worth it's salt. Whistling or humming sweetly might help out.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Good Gifts For An Aloe Vera?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Sunburned aloe want water! Usually if they are getting sunburned they are using lots of their water reservations and aren't getting them replenished by the rain. However, be careful not to water too much because aloe is prone to rot. Cease all water in the winter as the plant will go dormant, and let the spring and early summer rain water it starting next spring. Try not to touch the leaves of the aloe as the powder you see on the leaves acts as a sunscreen. If you give your aloe "cactus and succulent food" which you can buy at any garden store, it may produce "pups" or baby aloe Vera's for you! Singing is a wonderful idea too!

Rosie

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”