How do I talk to trees?

gentlelamb

How do I talk to trees?

Post by gentlelamb »

I want to ask trees so many questions and learn so much. I know the gist of communicating with plant spirits- patience, listening, kindness.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: How do I talk to trees?

Post by SnowCat »

I just talk. Sometimes out loud, sometimes just in my mind. Occasionally, I get a response.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Mr Crowley wrote:What a shame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXp4wYz5z8
I read about that in the newspaper. It's always sad to lose a venerable tree to age.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

It's important to calm down. Don't rush. Just stand near the tree and pay attention only to it and natural surroundings such as the sky, sun, grass, birds...It's good to do this somewhere with minimal human activity. Simply BE there. Breath deeply and try not to think about everyday stuff. For me, it's often enough but hugging can help, of course. "Natural" trees are better than those planted by people, such as fruit or decorative ones. But it may just be in my head because technically they should be the same. Trees and nature always want to talk to us. It's only us that need to calm down and listen. No special techniques are necessary. The simplest act of paying attention can be more difficult than it sounds.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

This really reminded me of my favorite Pocahontas clip lol https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sm0uR81AZhA
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Stand facing the tree.
Let your feet connect to its roots and your crown to its topmost branches.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You can also lean against the tree with your back. Imagine that you are slowly melding with the tree, becoming an extension, with roots going into the ground from your feet. Stay like this and just breath. Connect by mentally sending the tree love and then just listen with your mind. You may get an image or words out of the blue.

Several of my coven mates would visit this tree at Paramount Ranch, I think it took 5 or 6 of us holding hands to encompass the tree, known as Witness for it saw lots of history and several movies and TV filmed had her (or him !) in the background. I really thought it would survive the Woolsey fire, but the heat and possibly the toxic contents of surrounding buildings did it in. I will miss this tree very much, we communed many times, and I have lots of photos of her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzTDS414vI

Seems like a farewell tree week. was just visiting this thread. viewtopic.php?f=115&t=38985
Our Chinaberry tree is cracking down the center and may have to be removed. We lost several big branches which took out a portion of the treehouse railing a couple years or so ago. If it falls though, it may take out cars on the street. So better take care of that soon. I'll miss this one too, Baba Yaga had a little shrine house in the branches that the previous owner had placed.
Bless
TREES!,
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Depends on a tree.
Not even befriended trees like when you intrude their aura. After all, what for?
You can keep a distance which is both honourable & friendly with your auras slightly interfering and attempt to communicate.

Nice thing is when you find a circle of trees in a forest, maybe not entirely set & you complete the circle by occupying that missing spot.

Sometimes you indeed interfere with their space such as when nature's paths are narrow. It is good to mind the exchange of 'something for something'. Offerings of material or immaterial kind need to be considered.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”