My spirit plant died.

gentlelamb

My spirit plant died.

Post by gentlelamb »

I went on a day long vacation over night to the island up state and left my hen and chicks plant on the porch to get some sun while I was gone. I came back and it had been knocked over by the wind. The pot broke and the soil was spread everywhere and despite my efforts I couldn't find the plant anywhere. I think a bird got it or something. I had grown very close to this plant, I deamed it my spirit plant and used it in a lot of my rituals. I trimmed it regularly of dead leaves, I fed it homemade fertilizer, I even watered it with some of my blood once to bond us. I talked to it everyday and I could sense its energy and when I did I swear I could see it...smiling, in my minds eye. I believe it grew fond of my as well. It had sprouts and I repotted them when they got too big. I try to talk to them and bond with them but they aren't growing anymore now that the other plant is gone. I'm so sad, I miss him (he never had a name but i just always referred to it as him) and I cried when I found out he was dead. I know it sounds crazy but I think the others can sense how sad I am or they're sad as well and that's why they won't grow. What should I do? I feel like I lost a friend.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: My spirit plant died.

Post by SpiritTalker »

My sympathies for the loss of your friend. It's painful enough to go through and hard when others don't take it seriously. It doesn't have to be as big as a tree to be loved. You might place an small, empty pot in the place where your hens & chicks were usually tended, as a way to honor the loss. Maybe write a memorial page in your journal...All the normal things we do to express the feelings. The chicks may be in transplant shock. I'm not familiar with the plant so I don't know how it behaves. Maybe placing a quartz in the soil, or in the water used for watering, will add some zest. Emoting strong sense of loss near them might be disturbing.
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

My condolences, but just like with animals, while his body may be dead, you can probably call upon his spirit. A spirit that you love so much may choose to stay by your side if you and he both allow it.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

He may have willingly given up the physical to be sustenance for the bird. But, as has already been mentioned, his spirit didn't die when the pot broke. And his offspring might just be going through some adjustments.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I understand your heartbreak, my sympathies go out to you.
Are you sure none of the chicks are anywhere aruond, maybe buried under the debris the wind kicked up?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Awe, I'm sorry gentlelamb.

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”