Speaking to trees?

Feather&Stone

Speaking to trees?

Post by Feather&Stone »

I'm sorry if this topic has already been posted, but I'm curious as to what experiences any of you have had.

Trees tell me their names sometimes, as well as occasionally offering a gender. Some are genderless or it just isn't a thought (for lack of a better term). Many are incredibly old spirits. Most often in cemeteries but also in the woods. They are like guardians...Even if we don't communicate clearly I almost always can read trees and feel very much like kindred spirits. If it matters at all, I have communicated or had experienced mainly with Oak, Maple, Pine, and Willow trees, although I'm also getting to know the Beech & Catalpa trees nearby.

It's similar to communicating with the dead in that the absence of words is still very much the presence of intent and feeling. Would love to know more!!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Speaking to trees?

Post by SnowCat »

Sometimes I feel the spirit of a tree, and that it's trying to communicate. Thank you for bringing up this subject. I think it's something I should spend more time and effort on.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

SnowCat wrote:Sometimes I feel the spirit of a tree, and that it's trying to communicate. Thank you for bringing up this subject. I think it's something I should spend more time and effort on.

Snow
Hey, Snow!

Glad I'm not the only one. I think k should spend more time on it as well. My next day off I'm going to visit my favorite trees and see how that goes!
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

The big Oak in my front yard I have named Merlin. I can feel his presence, and that of the spirit within him. Not so much with words, but there is communication.

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, tree hugger here...
I have a lemon eucalyptus at the college where I went, that still visit when I can.
I felt the fear it had when they were tearing out trees nearby to put a new building.up. I also posses a lovely branch it had droped off for me to use as a staff.
This tree has offered me great comfort in troubled times. It's smooth and supple bark is very soothing, as is its smell. It is the tallest tree in the area, and I will yell out a hi! whenever I drive by. I should go over there...writing this is making me miss it.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

It's wonderful to read about others that have that special connection with trees. I've always loved the beauty of trees in all stages of their lives and I believe they have a spirit and they can communicate with us as well. They have witnessed so much history. I agree with others that with communication; it's more of a be still, silent and listen. They may not physically speak, but you know exactly what they feel and think.
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

evil ed wrote:The big Oak in my front yard I have named Merlin. I can feel his presence, and that of the spirit within him. Not so much with words, but there is communication.

E.E.
That's awesome!! Oaks tend to have a wonderful presence. :)
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

firebirdflys wrote:Yeah, tree hugger here...
I have a lemon eucalyptus at the college where I went, that still visit when I can.
I felt the fear it had when they were tearing out trees nearby to put a new building.up. I also posses a lovely branch it had droped off for me to use as a staff.
This tree has offered me great comfort in troubled times. It's smooth and supple bark is very soothing, as is its smell. It is the tallest tree in the area, and I will yell out a hi! whenever I drive by. I should go over there...writing this is making me miss it.
Bb, Firebird
Firebird, thanks for sharing!! I have a few branches and sticks that were offered from trees here and there, they are wonderful gifts. I'm glad "your" (since we can't own trees, but this one is special to you) is still there!!
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

bluejay_1919 wrote:It's wonderful to read about others that have that special connection with trees. I've always loved the beauty of trees in all stages of their lives and I believe they have a spirit and they can communicate with us as well. They have witnessed so much history. I agree with others that with communication; it's more of a be still, silent and listen. They may not physically speak, but you know exactly what they feel and think.
Most definitely!! Only rarely have they offered words, and then the language varies by type of tree. But there are commonalities. I used to sing my brother lullabies in something like Maple and Willow. I'm so glad that I started this and get to hear about all you fellow tree huggers' experiences!
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Trees have to be the most spiritual life forms on the planet. They give so much to the animal kingdom and take in return only what we need rid of. They moderate our climate, control the water cycle, nourish the soil, provide food and shelter for all sorts of critters and wax the spirit of mankind peacefully, philosophically and spiritually. Many a song and poem and enlightened works have been nurtured under the shelter of trees. Those who are spiritually sensitive feel the presence of great wisdom in the spirit consciousness resident in the trees. The forest lives in tranquility and shares a common consciousness we call our Green Man. I hug and chat with a tree now and then (when out-landers are not looking) :-)
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Feather&Stone

Post by Feather&Stone »

Shekinah wrote:Trees have to be the most spiritual life forms on the planet. They give so much to the animal kingdom and take in return only what we need rid of. They moderate our climate, control the water cycle, nourish the soil, provide food and shelter for all sorts of critters and wax the spirit of mankind peacefully, philosophically and spiritually. Many a song and poem and enlightened works have been nurtured under the shelter of trees. Those who are spiritually sensitive feel the presence of great wisdom in the spirit consciousness resident in the trees. The forest lives in tranquility and shares a common consciousness we call our Green Man. I hug and chat with a tree now and then (when out-landers are not looking) :-)
This inspired me to write a thank you spell for the trees...and to head out and give them all hugs! (Well, not all. But a good many!) :)

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”