Salamander

Yex

Salamander

Post by Yex »

Recently, on the most recent new moon, after performing a magical working, I had a vision of a salamander, accompanied by music (it was an instrumental piece stuck in my head that sounded somewhat similar to "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys, but I digress). I've read a little bit since then about salamander totems, but I wanted to see if any of you have any thoughts on the meaning of such a vision. I can't divulge the nature of the magical working - due to forum rules - but it related to romantic love.

Also, it's worth noting that I had planned to acquire a set of animal divination cards (in lieu of the Rider Waite deck I normally use) to do a divination working with Momoy (one of my patrons), as I had a strong feeling during my last Momoy ritual that diving through animal symbols was a necessary change. I had planned to break out the new deck on the new moon. Then I completely forgot to get the deck or do any divination working, but it seems significant that in spite of this I had a vision of an animal anyway. Needless to say I gave thanks and offerings to Momoy, afterwards. Anyway, I'm rambling, but thoughts on the significance of the salamander in this context?
love is the whole and more than all
Kassandra

Re: Salamander

Post by Kassandra »

Hi. Just wanted to ask you, is this the Momoy patron you're referring to? http://www.thaliatook.com/AMGG/momoy.php Just curious, first time I've ever heard of her.

Thanks
Yex

Post by Yex »

Yep, that's the one. I made a thread about her a while back in the "Gods/Goddesses" forum.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Salamander

Post by RosieMoonflower »

The only thing I know about Salamanders is that they elemental spirits of the fire element.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mapas ... rra_6a.htm

http://www.occultopedia.com/s/salamander.htm
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

RosieMoonflower...
That's where I was headed, but...
Yax, Salamanders are Fire Elementals and I would just take
a hard look around just in case you were getting an
early warning of possible fire. Never hurts to be safe than
sorry.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Hellebore

Post by Hellebore »

It may be possible that the salamander is showing itself to you as an animal spirit guide to possibly help you in relation to either the magickal working you were carrying out or to assist you in your current stage of life. The salamander can be a sign of an oncoming transformation that can not be rushed and must run its own course and it can also represent a caution to be wary in new relationships and to check things out before proceeding. I am not familiar with the song but that as well as any other aspects of the vision (colors, feelings, other items in the vision, tactile sensations during the vision etc.) could help to gain a better insight into the message that salamander as a spirit guide may be giving you.
Yex

Post by Yex »

Thanks for the thoughts, all. Since my posting this I've researched Salamander totems somewhat, and done a lot of meditating on the subject. Hellebore, your suggestions seem pretty much on the money. I feel that Salamander is guiding me though this time in my life, which is one of transition and transformation. The notion of "[being] wary in new relationships and to check things out before proceeding" seems like pretty solid advice.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Had to...

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”