Ravenstar

how to communicate?

Post by Ravenstar »

How can I start communicating with plants etc.? Blessings :flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: how to communicate?

Post by SnowCat »

First, remember that plants are sentient beings. That means that they think and feel. Not necessarily in the same way that we think and feel, because our baseline of existence is not the same as their's, but the thinking and feeling capabilities still exist. I would start with some light meditation. Put yourself in a plant's place. Pick one plant, and stick with that, until you feel some sort of empathy with it. Maybe you have a favorite tree. Think about the tree. Be the the tree. Feel the earth around your roots, the sun on your bark and leaves, the physical sensations of the changing of the seasons. Listen and hear what the tree hears. The rustle of a squirrel climbing your trunk. The whisper of the wind through your leaves. Keep doing these things until you can feel a bond with that particular plant. Offer to let the plant experience life through your senses. It might take a long time. Patience will be your ally in this. In the meantime, talk to plants just like you would talk to a friend. You don't have to speak aloud, they're quite capable of understanding thought and emotion. Don't feel like you're crazy when they start answering. Just let things happen and don't be in a hurry.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Thank you. Blessings :flyingwitch:
littlepsychic

Post by littlepsychic »

This is a bit of a late response so my apologies. Usually when I communicate with plants I try to send out positive energy and good vibes to the plant. I always try to be as respectful as I can, and and treat it as though it's another being. If it's something in my garden when I harvest it I always thank it. And like SnowCat said try to view things from it's perspective. These are just some things I've felt gave me success when trying to communicate with plants, I hope this helps :D .

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”