Plants have been proven to have Consciousness scientifically

Xal

Post by Xal »

If your interested in plant consciousness I would suggest looking up the Baxter experiments.

Baxter was a man who invented the first polygraph machine. Just for fun one day, he hooked it up to one of his plants.

Long Story short, he found that the plants would react to merely his thoughts about watering them, burning them, etc. The plants were also able to detect when things were dieing. (He would kill brine shrimp)
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Marigold

Re: Plants have been proven to have Consciousness scientific

Post by Marigold »

Xal wrote:If your interested in plant consciousness I would suggest looking up the Baxter experiments.

Baxter was a man who invented the first polygraph machine. Just for fun one day, he hooked it up to one of his plants.

Long Story short, he found that the plants would react to merely his thoughts about watering them, burning them, etc. The plants were also able to detect when things were dieing. (He would kill brine shrimp)
I quit growing a vegetable garden because when I went out to pick the eggplants and tomatoes, I felt like I was taking their children and couldn't do it. Ok, I know that is a bit extreme :shock:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xal wrote:If your interested in plant consciousness I would suggest looking up the Baxter experiments.... he found that the plants would react to merely his thoughts...
Interesting. Perhaps explains why the First People nations in America tend to refer to the plant kingdom as a "people" itself amongst many different peoples, including rocks, extraterrestrial life (planets, stars, asteroids and everything else "up there"), animals and humans. Thus those trained in their Medicine Ways may say, "All my relations" when opening sacred space and referring to everything around them.

Thanks for sharing that.

Jo.A

Post by Jo.A »

yes they are, and they're also a good way to be in contact with the elements anytime you need help of some element just get yourself a flower and ask for the help of the element you need, they're in contact with the four elements all the time.
Golden Light
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

All My Relations is a thing from a certain tribal group actually. Lakota (aka Sioux) I believe. My husband is far more knowledgeable on this topic than I but I remember him talking about it some.

Brightest Blessings
Radiance
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Can anyone provide a link to the study mentioned by the OP?
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

My grandfather did an expirement were he hooked up 2 plants (can't remember what they were) to an EMF and they were obvouisly putting off energy and after 2 months of taking care of both plants (watering, singing to them ect.) out of no where he grabbed a pair of clippers and cut one of the plants in half. The EMF connected to that plant shut off and the other (living) plant's EMF was GOING INSANE! Almost like it was having a panic attack. It was amazing.....But I felt so sad..... :(
Violet

Post by Violet »

CherokeeMoon wrote:My grandfather did an expirement were he hooked up 2 plants (can't remember what they were) to an EMF and they were obvouisly putting off energy and after 2 months of taking care of both plants (watering, singing to them ect.) out of no where he grabbed a pair of clippers and cut one of the plants in half. The EMF connected to that plant shut off and the other (living) plant's EMF was GOING INSANE! Almost like it was having a panic attack. It was amazing.....But I felt so sad..... :(
That is extremely sad. But believable. Two living entities growing next to each other. How could it not have an effect to kill one? At the same time some plants kill each other. I have to "discipline" my garden a lot, stake up my rue because it grows over other plants and smothers them, and my wormwood had to be grown alone since it poisons other plants through the roots.

There's no question they are aware of what's around them.
SylverSparro

Post by SylverSparro »

Marigold wrote:
Xal wrote:If your interested in plant consciousness I would suggest looking up the Baxter experiments.

I quit growing a vegetable garden because when I went out to pick the eggplants and tomatoes, I felt like I was taking their children and couldn't do it. Ok, I know that is a bit extreme :shock:
Hahahahahaha never heard anybody do that. But fruit and veggies are an offering from the plant. We take it and thus the seeds eventually regroup keeping the plants lines alive.
seidkonacat

Re:

Post by seidkonacat »

shadowx wrote:Can anyone provide a link to the study mentioned by the OP?
Here is a link to the study itself:

http://www.rebprotocol.net/clevebaxter/ ... 2023pp.pdf

Here are some articles about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/news/the-lives-t ... blogs&_r=0

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/1496

Fascinating stuff.

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”