To those who garden?

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
EveningWithAstaroth

To those who garden?

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

How have your gardens come along this season? Were there any problems you have run into? What did you grow?

As for myself, I planted sunflowers, wildflowers, and marigolds at the beginning of the year as well as a flower called blue boy, or blue boys.

So far I have managed to grow and keep one sunflower, and today either the wildflowers or the blue boys- I currently can not tell which, have started to bloom.

However, I have been upkeeping my neighbor's plants throughout the year. I have two varieties of roses, some orange, red and white types of garden flower common around here and elsewhere- momentarily I know not what it is called, I have bleeding hearts, Astillbe in pots out front, a couple bushes that produce pink flowers for a part of the season out front in pots as well....

Also there have been additions. My mom has a small boxed section out back where she is growing spinach, and I have transplanted a rhubarb plant she had brought home from work. Today as well I went to pick some yellow daisy like flowers, and the whole plant came up roots intact... :roll: So I have just transplanted it next to rhubarb in the area I had plotted out.

I have also noticed that out front in another pot- the bush I have not yet been able to recognize has just began growing blue berries. It looks like a blueberry bush, but I will have to make absolute sure.

Needless to say the hose I had my father bring home and hook back up has definitely come in handy!

How has the garden season gone for the rest of the gardeners here? What did you plant? What did you already have for perennials if anything? What do fellow green witches like to keep in their gardens?
Blu-Luna

Re: To those who garden?

Post by Blu-Luna »

I have perenial garden and veggies. I have wild roses, sun flowers, stinging nettle, milk weeds, wild bergamot, lemon balm, day lilies, etc. I have only a few vegetables because my garden got taken over with grass the last couple of years as I had breast cancer and diagnosed with a rare muscular disease ( but when it came time to get a $10,000 plasmapheresis treatment, they undiagnosed me). I have tiger likes too! They are pretty!
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I planted so many fruit and flowers this spring and early summer.
My zucchinis and cucumbers grow really great. Er had wounderful salad, blueberries and flowers in between.

I really have to take a picture of my garden now...
This is what i prepared and started with in febuary
20180224_134027_resized.jpg
20180210_140955_resized.jpg
20180210_141057(0)_resized.jpg
I went out and took two quick pictures. The sun is so hot and bright already..
BB

Blue Moon
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

... (I am having problems uploading my picture... )
Attachments
20180715_122749_resized.jpg
20180715_122739_resized.jpg
BB

Blue Moon
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

Hey! I am sorry I hadn't seen your photos earlier.I have been busy getting things into storage and am in a motel, looking for a new place, so I've not had too much computer time.

Those are beautiful photographs of your garden, love the chickens/roosters, my cousin keeps chickens as well.

I love chickens, we used to keep them when I was young, I miss having chickens around.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Return to “Gardening”