Gardening spell tips

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
gentlelamb

Gardening spell tips

Post by gentlelamb »

Does anybody know any good tips on how to get weeds out of a garden? I left for three days and they're everywhere.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Gardening spell tips

Post by SpiritTalker »

Miracle Grow comes in a couple of varieties; all will feed your garden, and one of them knocks out weeds. But if used, it also kills seeds, so your soil cannot be used to start-from-seed. One application lasts a couple of months. Way better then magic and plea bargaining with the plant spirits, or weeding on waning moons.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Oh, how handy would that be? Unfortunately theres no magical way to keep weeds away. Depending on what type of weed they are, you could paint them one by one with a small paintbrush and weed killer (I do this monthly as weeds grow between my beautiful flowers, grrr) as we speak though my backyard is being taken over by marshmallow weed, urghhh.
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

I read that marshmallow root is effectively good for treating wounds!
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

To stop weed from growing you will have to plant something in its place.

Fast growing plants are best. I had a good link somewhere... will look for it and post it here.
BB

Blue Moon
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

define 'weeds' ;)
Most of the things I plant and harvest are 'weeds' to a non-pagan, lol.
I assume you mean the unneeded plants that seek to choke out your needed ones?... If thats the case... yeah, Ive got LOTS of those.

Here's the spell that I use for 'tending' my gardens...... The pulling, the scraping, the mulching, the 'weeding' ..... thats the ritual. Each drop of sweat that falls from the tip of my nose into the dirt is a potion, an elixir. The sun on my shoulders is the flame of divinity. The wind in the trees, the singing of birds, and chirping of crickets, and the babbling of water instructs my chant, and I simply seek to speak, hum, and sing in harmony with them.

And, lo n behold.... when the spell is finished..... the 'weeds' are 'gone' and on their way to my compost heap, to become food for my next plantings. ;)

If we see this activity as a chore... Mother and Father will grant our thoughts' demand, and make it a chore.
If we see this activity as a spell.... it can be as powerful as we wish, because Mother and Father will agree as they always do.

Hope that didnt come off as terribly snide or elitest.
Hope that helps to inspire you a lil.

Pallando the Blue

Return to “Gardening”