Books regarding plants

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Nox

Books regarding plants

Post by Nox »

I became very much interested in plants/herbs and how to take care of them and would like to do that job in the future. Problem is that I finish electrical engineering college which has nothing to do with gardening and so on. I would like to ask does some of you know any good book where I can get start with. It can be book regarding soil, or herbs in general.
YanaKhan

Re: Books regarding plants

Post by YanaKhan »

I highly recommend Maria Treben's "Health Through God's Pharmacy" and "Maria Treben's Cures".
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

You'd probably benefit from reading up on anything and everything regarding Gardening, Horticulture and Botany. Check out your library, amazon, goodreads, etc... and get some titles, take notes, and read read read. I've no doubt you know how to research effectively if you've already finished a degree. :)
Becks

Post by Becks »

I absolutely agree with Vesca that starting with basic botany and horticulture is extremely beneficial. Because of the relationship I have with some plants and knowing what they like, where they grow etc. Some plants have better revealed their energy to me.

If you're a Scott Cunningham person "The complete book of Incense Oils and Brews" is a good one for plant prep once you have learned about different plants. I'm sure there are others.

I like a book called "Plant Spirit Shamanism-Traditioanl Techniques for Healing the Soul" by Heaven and Charing.
This book talks about having an energetic relationship and the nature of plants in that sense.
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

Contact your local University Extension Office, or State Wildlife Department about a Master Gardener course.

Usually takes about a season's worth of Saturdays and youll know more than an average grandmother.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

My 2 favorite books are The Complete Book of Herbs by Lesley Bremness it has lots of information on herbs, on herb gardening and lots of practical info and recipes of things to make with all the herbs. I have been using this for years.
Another is Rodale's Encyclopedia of Herbs by Kowalchik & Hylton lots of herbal info and what to make with herbs. Both books you can view sample pages on Amazon books. :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh, I've got Rodales' Encyclopedia too and it's been really useful. And I pocked it up off the bargain table so I like that even better :)

Return to “Gardening”