Ideas For Home Grown Herbs & Flowers

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Thirteen

Ideas For Home Grown Herbs & Flowers

Post by Thirteen »

I'm currently attempting to sustain my own garden outside and I was wondering if the wonderful people on this community could offer some insight or advice?

My Current Garden:
- Peppermint (Herb)
- Marigolds (Flowers)
- Morning Glory (Flowers)

Peppermint Ideas:

Marigold Ideas:

Morning Glory Ideas:
Sakura Blossom

Re: Magickal Uses for Home Grown Herbs & Flowers

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Well, I'm not sure about magickal uses but in terms of health and aromatherapy, peppermint is WONDERFUL with upset stomachs. You could make it into a tea or simply find ways to release the aroma to help calm your nerves as well. Mint has always had a soothing quality to it both physically and mentally.

As for the flowers, I don't know the specific uses for those specific flowers as I typically use what I feel works best for a spell myself; you could use the morning glories for promoting easier mornings because they typically only open when the morning comes. So it could be good for a fun spell with trying to get over not being a morning person. Haha. Marigolds maybe could be used to help with bringing out the sun on the rainier days.

I hope that helps at least a little bit!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Peppermint is an excellent addition to a bean stew. I believe in magick it's used for protection and healing, but can't be positive.
As for marigold, I have posted a recipe for a homemade anointment that helps remove scars. It's simple to make and very effective.
Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

Sakura Blossom wrote:Well, I'm not sure about magickal uses but in terms of health and aromatherapy, peppermint is WONDERFUL with upset stomachs. You could make it into a tea or simply find ways to release the aroma to help calm your nerves as well. Mint has always had a soothing quality to it both physically and mentally.

As for the flowers, I don't know the specific uses for those specific flowers as I typically use what I feel works best for a spell myself; you could use the morning glories for promoting easier mornings because they typically only open when the morning comes. So it could be good for a fun spell with trying to get over not being a morning person. Haha. Marigolds maybe could be used to help with bringing out the sun on the rainier days.

I hope that helps at least a little bit!
Thank you so much! :D
Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

YanaKhan wrote:Peppermint is an excellent addition to a bean stew. I believe in magick it's used for protection and healing, but can't be positive.
As for marigold, I have posted a recipe for a homemade anointment that helps remove scars. It's simple to make and very effective.
Thank you! :D

Return to “Gardening”