Snappy the snapdragon

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
LoneWhiteWolf

Snappy the snapdragon

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

So my friend invited me into town today and while looking about the market she surprised me, by taking an interest in some flowers on a plant stall! Which is totally unlike her.

While we were there I mentioned that I wanted a Snapdragon plant because I saw some on the walk over to hers. And what do you know? Snapdragons were right at my feet!

I've been sad since the death of my Japanese Acer, so I bought a Red Snap dragon to make up for the lack of red in my garden. Just a single plant, since I don't know how to care for him I wasn't going to bulk buy. But at £1 I could of taken the lot! My friend bought a Yellow one for her mum.

I really hope he doesn't end up like my acer, I have fond memories from my childhood. Dad called them bunny flowers and I'd see them on our walk to school, occasionally we'd stop to play with them.
Fingers crossed for snappy :)
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
onyx208

Re: Snappy the snapdragon

Post by onyx208 »

Aww sounds exciting! I just made a gnome garden pot with Irish moss and multi colored celosia. I have never done a single thing with or owned any plants, so I'm right there with you when it comes to a bit or nervousness! I'd love to see a picture of Snappy. :)
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

onyx208 wrote:Aww sounds exciting! I just made a gnome garden pot with Irish moss and multi colored celosia. I have never done a single thing with or owned any plants, so I'm right there with you when it comes to a bit or nervousness! I'd love to see a picture of Snappy. :)
Oh wow, fingers crossed they grow nice and healthy :D
Im gunna repot him today, hes in a tiny pot! Ill get a better photo of him. The one i have currently shows part of my kitchen and thats just yuk haha
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've always liked snapdragons. They aren't so ordinary like some flowers.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

SnowCat wrote:I've always liked snapdragons. They aren't so ordinary like some flowers.

Snow
That's exactly what draws people to them :) I got the bus to cambridge today and saw someone's front garden teeming with them, then whilst in Cambridge there was a garden with pretty pink/white ones which I really want haha.
Oh, another bonus is when you squeeze the flower, its 'mouth' opens up! Its such a charming plant smileylove
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, my grandma used to have these in her garden and we called them "Doggies", because the flowers look a little like pups. We used to take one in each hand and bark at people :D
They are lovely.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I grew up with Snap Dragons in our flower beds, pink & yellow ones. They were my favorite flowers as they were fun to play with. We also had Bleeding Hearts in the flower beds too, which are very unique. I remember going to a place in Arkansas where you could go panning for gold or whatever. There happen to be red garnets where we were located and we took home several vials of these beautiful red stones. My mother sprinkled them in the flower beds with the Snap Dragons & Bleeding Hearts. I thought that was odd until I saw the sunlight hit the garnets and made our flower beds sparkle. :)

Return to “Gardening”