Colorado Gardening

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Colorado Gardening

Post by SnowCat »

Any Colorado gardeners here? Or Wyoming or New Mexico? I would really like to have some sort of garden, but between my black thumb and whacky weather here, I've had little success.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Colorado Gardening

Post by Naudia Threng »

Well, I've moved away from that area and now have a beautiful and huge outdoor garden, try an indoor garden. Grow lights really work. And try a bit of magik for your black thumb.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I can't push Aquaponics enough Snowcat. DIY versions are cheaper, its easy to maintain, you don't need to be an expert, and it basically takes care of itself!
Irismoon

Post by Irismoon »

Just came across this post as I was meandering around. I lived/live in Colorado and gardened. We were up at 9000 ft just west of Denver. We had a small greenhouse, a hoop house and a small herb garden out in the elements. For the altitude and the elements we did quite well. One year we yielded over 800 toms. Of course this was counting cherry toms as well. We have since sold and moved down to the city.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

How well would aquaponics work with a house full of nosy cats?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

If you fear your cats impeding than perhaps hydroculture would be better suited to you.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Return to “Gardening”