cheap place to buy herb seeds?

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Should I go to wal mart or home depot for seeds? Or should I buy sprouts? (my mom said she prefers sprouted plantlings over seeds)
Any advice for a first time herb grower?
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
PhoenixFlight

Re: cheap place to buy herb seeds?

Post by PhoenixFlight »

I personally grow from seeds, and I get them from home depot... Funny enough, I'm currently growing lavender, spearmint, and rosemary from them =D
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

PhoenixFlight wrote:I personally grow from seeds, and I get them from home depot... Funny enough, I'm currently growing lavender, spearmint, and rosemary from them =D
thanks for the feedback :D
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Consider buying a gardening book about herbs. They usually have some at Lowes and Home depot. Then after reading some go buy some seeds or baby plants because now you'll know how to take care of them.

My tips would be to make sure you put them in good locations. Find out if they are shade loving or full/patrial or indirect sunlight.

And also what types of soil they prefer. Some herbs like really sandy soil, some like very rich, thick soil.

Don't over water. Research how much they like. Signs of Overwatering

I usually like to mist mine with water a little on the leaves and stems etc. They seem to really like that.
Winter Wren

Post by Winter Wren »

I buy my seeds from a few sellers on etsy. It's nice to see them sprout and grow. I'm currently growing sage, wormwood, mint, lavender, mugwort, bergamot, datura, basil and lemon verbena.

Return to “Gardening”