Poll: What are Your Paranormal Experiences? I of II

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.

I experience one or more of the following:

I see and hear people or beings that other people don't see or hear
27%
I have visions or dreams of things happening, and then they actually happen
38%
I see peoples' aura colors, without even trying
2%
I sense and feel a recent argument "in the air" in an empty room
7%
I sense and feel peoples' moods over the phone, before they tell me how they feel
27%

Total votes: 101

Kassandra

Poll: What are Your Paranormal Experiences? I of II

Post by Kassandra »

What kind of paranormal experiences have you had? If you'd like, post details of your experiences, or share an ability you have that is not included in the poll (I had to shorten the list of choices quite a bit from the original list of options I had; guess five is max).
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

All of the above.
But, it wasn't an option.
:D
emopet

Post by emopet »

I got the bottom 3. The first is a sorta, more like I can feel the presence and emotion of a bound passed one, or however you put it, I guess. lol

Cheyenne
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks Release.the.bats and Cheyenne (and others who responded to the poll). I tried to edit the poll to include a healing question, "I can touch animals and humans, and they seem to get healed from the healing energy that I can feel go through my hands into them," but I guess after 24 hours you can't edit it anymore.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Mostly hearing and seeing people or spirits that others can not, but I do a lot of spirit contacts and work a lot with elements so it is expected.
scathach

seeing them

Post by scathach »

ok with me it began around age 4 or 5 and it was very frightening. i rarely speak of it, because i already feel like a lightening rod for them but i recognize the responsibility of converying messages or confirmation. i rarely have to stop what i'm doing just to address a visitor though. i think because i won't exploit myself, they leave me alone by and large. i am wary of imbibing in public, especially because when the mind is silly the imps and goblins and creeps tend to amuse themselves courtesy of you. not fun. my teacher doesn't drink or use drugs even prescribed. i have gone to extremes to block them out, on prescribed meds. now, i am not as adept as before, and i can get too quiet sometimes. i never thought i would miss it, so when i see and who i see, when and where and in whose company, what environment, i REALLY pay attention. that's one who will not be ignored and usually i'm being warned or something. as you can see i am back and forth on my experiences. anyone else know what i mean? what i'm rambling on about? :?
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

1, 2, and 4...
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

Oddly enough, my empathy diddn't kick in until I was 17.
Another odd fact is not only have I felt emotions over the phone, but through a text message as well. A text!
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

I'm with Bats on this one lol All of the above, although it is not an option. :P

I'll admit though I have to TRY to see auras and usually don't SEE spirits but I can FEEL them sometimes hear them, and have had dreams come true a couple of times. Hehehe, my dreams really do come true!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Crowfeather wrote:Another odd fact is not only have I felt emotions over the phone, but through a text message as well. A text!
Interesting, I hadn't even thought of the energy transferences possible through text messages. I'll pay attention to that next time.
Kassandra

Re: seeing them

Post by Kassandra »

scathach wrote:i am wary of imbibing in public, especially because when the mind is silly the imps and goblins and creeps tend to amuse themselves courtesy of you. not fun. my teacher doesn't drink or use drugs even prescribed
Thanks for sharing all that. It reminded me of something: one day at a bar with some friends about a year and a half ago, I looked around me and (quietly) freaked out. I saw these little lower energies, "imps and goblins and creeps" as you put it, just stepping in and out of people throughout the bar, exactly as you word it above. Yes, they were "amusing themselves" at everyone's expense, I'd say. I'll never forget it.

I think that's why we hear of people doing and saying things while intoxicated they would normally not have done. That's not to take responsibility away from people and their actions. But I think that when we alter consciousness with drugs or alcohol, it compromises the invisible (but not to clairvoyants) protective energy bubble we're all born with, the aura. I believe that getting high or drunk drops our guards and allows just about anything to just step in and work a person like a little puppet. I also think lower energies tend to be vampiric and constantly looking for hosts. I quit drinking not long after that experience. Seriously.

Along those lines, I remember reading in James Van Praagh's book, Heaven and Earth:

Lower astral entities can intrude on our energy fields when our auras are depleted...when we indulge in negative thoughts and out-of-control behaviors, especially alcohol and drug abuse, we weaken our auric field and risk invasion. Unevolved entities miss the comforts of the physical world and often want to reexperience them by attaching themselves to the energy fields of the living...Entities feed on the negative behavior and emotions of the person they have invaded, and will actually influence him to engage in more negative behavior.

But, as I said, we are always responsible for our own behaviors, and Van Praagh also wrote in the same chapter of that book that, ultimately, ...no matter what, no one has power over you. In every circumstance and around any person, you always have the power to say no. You most certainly have the power to say no to negative thoughts and fearful images. It is only when you allow people or situations to take charge of you mentally and emotionally that you open yourself to unwanted, debilitating energies.

So it's nothing to fear, just something to be aware of, and conscientious about.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

I have had all but the actual seeing of spirits and aura in the physical, but I also made the mistake of when I was a kid of closing those abilities in a way that I have not been able to undo.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Melindrose, try meditating to get them back. Chakra Clearing, by Doreen Virtue (book and cd) might help you to clear out a lot of past energies which may be clogging your aura, and perhaps you will open up again.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Kassandra wrote:Melindrose, try meditating to get them back. Chakra Clearing, by Doreen Virtue (book and cd) might help you to clear out a lot of past energies which may be clogging your aura, and perhaps you will open up again.
Where might I find a copy of the work. so I know where to start looking
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I think I bought my book at B. Dalton bookstore, but you could probably find a used one for cheaper on Amazon...

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”