How many of us on here are "empaths"?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
stormofwind

How many of us on here are "empaths"?

Post by stormofwind »

I'm one . :)
barker

Re: How many of us on here are "empaths"?

Post by barker »

Me too.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I'm really interested in this. I've taken a lot of Empath tests, and almost always I get results saying that I need to take care of my second chakra, and that I need to pay attention to who I am healing unconsciously.

I don't know what either of those things mean. Chakras and spirit healing are two areas I have spent literally 0 time researching. I think about it, and then literally anything else, anything else, can steal my focus away from that endeavor instantly.

I can tell how people are really feeling almost always. I cannot see Auras but I did some exercises once where I thought I could "kind of "see my own aura and that was cool but it was also very subjective.
I influence people all the time. In business terms I'm considered a consensus builder. I find the path that gets other people to understand my point of view, very easily, and then persuade them to take up that path as well.
I have an uncanny sense of when people aren't being honest, but I rarely call it out because I can usually tell when the dishonesty is based in issues of self worth and social structure that the person might be concerned about. No reason to hammer on people when they already feel incomplete or unsteady.
I am rarely if ever cowed by other people or their personalities/auras. I am very secure about who I am and very grounded.
I've also been told that I have the ability to lift people up. Just by being around, people become happier and more secure. I don't do anything. I think it's just positive influence.
There are some people who drain me. Just listening to them for 10 minutes makes me feel like I've spent hours toiling in hard labor or that I just survived some natural disaster like a tornado or hurricane. Not the triumphant feeling of YAY I survived I need food and sex, but the "I want to sleep for a year" feeling.

Most time crowds don't bother me. Even big crowds. I feel a bit energized watching people in the city, and I feel awesome when I am out in nature too. Which is a bit confusing based on the results of the tests I've taken. Those tests imply I shouldn't enjoy being in the city. But I do.

There are exceptions of course. Some specific retail outlets and some craft festivals I've been to just seem to take everything I have to walk from one side to the other.

I've spent a lot of research and time on religion and history of witch craft and paganism and religion as a specific thing.
There are still many aspects of "spirituality" to which I'm a complete neophyte.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:wave: me too. I guarantee I wasn't at the mall yesterday! ie, Black Friday.
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

I have almost no empathy except in very specific situations
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

HopefulChild wrote: I have an uncanny sense of when people aren't being honest, but I rarely call it out because I can usually tell when the dishonesty is based in issues of self worth and social structure that the person might be concerned about. No reason to hammer on people when they already feel incomplete or unsteady. I am rarely if ever cowed by other people or their personalities/auras. I am very secure about who I am and very grounded. I've also been told that I have the ability to lift people up. Just by being around, people become happier and more secure. I don't do anything. I think it's just positive influence. There are some people who drain me. Just listening to them for 10 minutes makes me feel like I've spent hours toiling in hard labor or that I just survived some natural disaster like a tornado or hurricane. Not the triumphant feeling of YAY I survived I need food and sex, but the "I want to sleep for a year" feeling.
Yes, pretty similar. not sure if you agree, but a part of us is also extremely aware and keenly observing - which helps as a sort of double confirmation in terms of empathic signalling or clairsentience. I am so glad that you have the groundedness and security when dealing with people!

as my spiritual journey has been about being free of entrapment and enslavement of larger society, i have been becoming more vocal and do start holding people accountable for their feelings, thoughts and speech. it has caused some large discoveries for them, like a blast of truth, but i would have never done this before. pretty shy and careful in watching my tongue but i think once getting my own true authentic Power, this has been a shift in my daily life. when previously i was able to discern dishonesty in thoughts and speech and allow them to exist in my immediate space, today i operate on Truth and can no longer tolerate them. this is largely opening of the throat chakra, as it only wields and spreads Truth. dishonesty and lies become very very obvious, and it will be called out.

I realise that i am not doing the people any service, letting them be enchained (and sometimes enchanted) to their hurt, trauma and insecurities, whether self inflicted or not. in the workplace, surprisingly, it has gained me a little bit of respect as people soon after learn not to "mess with me" as the planes have been levelled in some ways by me being able to call out their bullshit to their face. it does keep people on their toes, but also amazingly enough, trains them to be extremely present and in the moment, when they are with me! they are quiet, attentive, and feel refreshed after meetings, because they are focused and not acting out of their hurts, ego etc. full manifestation of power has been when i was able to retire in July this year, and carry on my spiritual work in my daily life.

I still get drained by certain individuals. utterly exhausted like i just took a 4hr long exam or something. but have learnt ways of shielding to protect my energy, or in dire situations, drawing energy from them then releasing/earthing it, as means of deactivating them. the reason why i dont keep it is that it is toxic energy and serves me no purpose. as understood now, when one is able to access his or her own authentic power, you do not need to rely on other external sources. my previous memory of those draining individuals, is that, i just want to shower, crawl into bed, be swathed in my blankets and zonk out. not speak, think and just rest for days. i am sure a large part of it is my deep Taurean nature, but just need to rest after particular draining events/conversations/interactions.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

SpiritTalker wrote::wave: me too. I guarantee I wasn't at the mall yesterday! ie, Black Friday.
well done! it is a good opportunity to exercise our true freedom and power from the chains of consumerism!
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

I am as well :) have been all my life. I had some trouble with it in high school and, in my attempts to control it, almost cut myself off completely. I've since started coming back to my abilities (empathy, aura reading, seeing "the river of time" and getting psychic vibes from touching people/things). It really is a wonderful gift.
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
OdinsFreya

Re: How many of us on here are

Post by OdinsFreya »

Hi! I am a born Intuitive Empath...[TWO HEARTS][TWO HEARTS][TWO HEARTS]Image
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
:fairy: 🔮🇧🇻 ODIN'S FREYA 🇧🇻🔮 :fairy:

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”