What is the point of precognitive dreaming ?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Garuda

Re: What is the point of precognitive dreaming ?

Post by Garuda »

Precognition of any kind is a puzzler to me. I used to think you could rely on an intuitive hit if it:
1) came out of nowhere/ had nothing to do with what you're doing or thinking at the moment,
2) was highly specific, and
3) carried an emotional punch.
I have since been proven wrong. I have also gotten tripped up by intuitions had that I ignored, and therefore don't know what to trust or not trust anymore. It's really frustrating!
Besides, as OP said, what good does it do if the foreseen event ends up happening anyway?
barker

Post by barker »

Ultimately, I would surmise that precognition is eternal proof - of a bad idea. The correct response to bad ideas is actually positive ego. Tough one, I know.
BaethanOC75

Post by BaethanOC75 »

Garuda wrote:Precognition of any kind is a puzzler to me. I used to think you could rely on an intuitive hit if it:
1) came out of nowhere/ had nothing to do with what you're doing or thinking at the moment,
2) was highly specific, and
3) carried an emotional punch.
I have since been proven wrong. I have also gotten tripped up by intuitions had that I ignored, and therefore don't know what to trust or not trust anymore. It's really frustrating!
Besides, as OP said, what good does it do if the foreseen event ends up happening anyway?
I hear you.
I too have had a very powerful knock to my solar plexus, once. My though was something bad was going to happen to a female friend. Turned out, it was something bad happened between my female friend and me, as in we are no longer friends.
From what I can tell from reading and watching on youtube, is that I personally believe that this "intuitive hits" are aimed directly at us as an individual, and may or may not involve what we foresee.
Another way to put it. If you have a memory affected accident, and someone takes you on a tour of your life, shows you photos, videos, introduces you to your family and friends. You get a general idea of "yeah, its me", your not to sure, but your brain sort of fills in the blanks anyhow... Same happens with Precognition, for me anyhow. It starts, and then my fight or flight kicks in, and basically my brain only gets part of the picture, and my brain "fills in the blanks"
We can only be responsible for our own destinies, and those whom we impose upon. (either hinder or help). Everyone else is on their own path, unless our paths intersect.
Watch the blindspots :-)

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”