What have you been told?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
sungod

What have you been told?

Post by sungod »

Hello, I've been curious to know what others have told you about being psychic, or having the abilities? I don't like talking about it with others, though I tell ones close to me... I've told my boyfriend about it, and he's seen stuff he couldn't explain either.

However, I've told my mom about seeing things, yet she believes it's only my medicine. Doesn't want me telling the doctors. She said my imagination forms these people like images. I told her as young as 4 that I see dead people.

From the age of 15 to now, I have seen one man tall for the time period, I'm guessing late 1800s. Has a quiet vibe, doesn't do much other than watch me from afar my bed, sometimes close. Feels like one to watch over me. I see him from time to time, heard a man like voice once couldn't decipher the words.

I sense energy in public, alone, and all around me, if I'm in a crowded place it feels like my head will explode. Yet, I'm told since I have a bad mental illness, I'm crazy... I would like to know if you've experienced the "crazy" insults etc
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What have you been told?

Post by SpiritTalker »

My sympathies. My parents weren't supportive either. I saw & heard spirits since I was 4 too, saw auras, and had a variety of common, garden variety psi experiences. In my case, I naively assumed everybody else did too. One day in high school I found out others didn't, when i mentioned the science teacher's flaring red lights (aura)& I got strange looks from my classmates. The teacher suffered a ruptured ulcer later that day. So, i was curious. I asked the school librarian, who suggested i read about psychic phenomenon. So from reading, I knew I was not crazy/weird/nut job, but had some experiences that others did not, so had a wider viewpoint.

People familiar with spirit communication would assume that the fellow you see and feel is with you and watching over you is a spirit guide.

It's a fact that psychism just is not acceptable dinner table chit chat, any more than politics or religion. It envolves beliefs, and people cannot be expected to be sympathetic about something they don't believe, or reject due to fear , which is more common. So we have to educate ourselves, find our own sympathetic support, and keep quiet in mixed company when we choose to socialize. And I never attempt Black Friday at the Mall. Good gods, no.

I've been distanced by former close friends, & dang it hurts. I've been told "don't discuss Those Things" in front of their husbands lest they think my friends are guilty by association, or that what I have is catching. So, without being told anything about psychic stuff, I've been silenced, because people are afraid of prejudices that aren't even rational ... And they say I'm weird?

I've been psych-tested for jobs, and I'm normal and well adjusted. I see dead people, too. So frickin' what? I can't play the piano. Nobody judges me for that. Like, get over it, people.

Instead, I experience a technicolor symphonic world. Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death, per Aunty Mame. Cop an attitude. Kick butt. Stand up proud. You know the drill.
sungod

Post by sungod »

I've never seen auras, but have heard of that ability, been curious enough about it. Actually would want to experience it, but talking with others is good enough for now. That's scary about what happened to your teacher, can't imagine how you felt as a kid to see then hear about that... And I agree, it's definitely not dinner table chit chat. I've tried expressing my change of beliefs, or the ones I've had about spirits, but it always hurt me in the long run. Kinda better to keep it to yourself you know? The fear part is what gets them. Has me as well, it lessens my ability to see and hear when I do, but has gotten better.

I hate that you've been distanced from close friends... it's an awful feeling when you're different from others, hard to keep friends. At least for me. But you know, if they aren't accepting that your reality and beliefs are different from theirs, that's not a friend anyway. Glad you stick to what you do and not let it change who you are.

There's a lot of people out there who can relate, some far apart, even close if you look enough. Though I couldn't tell if they're mocking me, or being genuine lol. People are inclined to be prejudice, let it get too far usually.

But totally glad to hear your experiences!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm more curious and intrigued by some of the experiences, although I dread the sense of displacement I get from the pre cogs. And yes, at one time I'd begged heaven to take it away. But my little voice asked sternly if I really wanted to be as others. I surprised myself as i had to say no. So I stopped whining & changed my prayer to one of acceptance & adapting, learned grounding, and life went on. The empathy helps me to understand other people's strange behavior, and more importantly to respect boundaries. It helps protect me from door-to-door salesmen scams. Seeing auras helps me buy fresh produce at the grocery store. Seeing the red flares in that teacher's aura taught me that auras can diagnose illness. The pre cogs alert me to take precautions as needed, and help me do the right thing when the time comes. It took me 1/2 my life to figure that little bit out. My spirit guide has been a source of compassion and humor. He never gives the answers but does help me to find them. So, it all balances out. Being psychic is how I relate. I wouldn't be Me without it. Most importantly, it's not about what other people think of me. It's about what I think of myself.

Centering & grounding while I'm in the throes of a psi experience makes a big difference. It lessens the disturbance and I can step back and view unemotionally. At least, that's the theory. It took effort to learn grounding but i was motivated :) . Shielding has more uses than i dreamt of, because there are shields against other people's emotions as well. Shielding reduces their impact.

I have a cat presently standing on my shoulders, rubbing his head on mine, messing my hair, and slip- sliding back and forth from one side to the other as I type with one finger. I don't have to be psychic to know it's feeding time. And it's always feeding time to a cat. Unless it's nap time or play time.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ok, the cats have been dealt with.

You mentioned that your experiences scare you. I can relate to that feeling, honest. It may be useful to look into why, and deal with that particular matter. Arm yourself by researching the psychic ability of mediumship, particularly from a parapsychology viewpoint. Knowledge reduces fear of the unknown. Put your Mr Spock ears on.

Turn the tables on that mental recording blaming the meds. As I think of it, medication does not cause visions so much as it may allow them. The unseen world is there, whether or not we want to interact. OK sure, our moods are electro-chemical brain responses to stimuli. It's common sense that we have to work with what we are, and how we are made.

Shamans and mystics (including some witches too) seek the visions, and invest their whole lives into interacting with the unseen worlds. I'm not suggesting you go there, just saying that there are people who have an intensely different view of the reality of the unseen than western culture allows for. So it helps to widen our horizons when we are seeking understanding of different realities.

Now some people get a thrill from scary movies, roller coasters, and spooky experiences. I'm not one of 'em. It makes the adrenalin flow, and feeds the electro-chemical brain responses, and that's when i crawl under the table. But it serves a valuable purpose in handling our reaction. I can't spend my life under the furniture, so I forced myself to face my "fear of fear" by riding Disney's Space Mountain roller coaster. :shock: Once was enough. Having done so, I know I can survive the fear. I could have listened to campaign speeches instead, but I usually choose the hard way. We don't have to deal with all the things that scare us, so much as deal with the fear. So facing anything fearsome will have a positive impact. That's one of those zen-things I probably read somewhere.
Magickat

Post by Magickat »

I tend not to mix with strangers and I have to be very aware what I say to people. I don't see spirit, read tarot etc. I'm more pre cog and sense things. I can often finish what a person was going to say even if it's an obscure sentence. Quite often people feel uncomfortable around me. I definitely don't look, act or dress scary or different but the way I am scares a lot of people. To be honest it's really hard hence why I joined this forum as I can talk about it here. Hopefully I can get some answers. As I've gown older I've learned to accept it more but it's more other people need to accept it really. It's more of controlling it, knowing something is going to happen and not saying it or telling people, but it's hard. An example would be I've told a friend their mother was going to die within 3 days, I sensed it. At the time I was told off by a few people as to why I would say such a horrible thing. I felt that it needed to be said. His mother died 3 days later. After that i was asked by them how I knew. I could not explain. This has happened on a few occasions. I also have told a few people they were pregnant. These people were not trying for a baby and were shocked and laughed it off. A couple of weeks later they found out they were pregnant it freaked them out as they must have only been days pregnant when I told them. These are only a few examples but I do tend to see bad things more than good for some reason. Hopefully someone can give me some insights.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can think of several times I've had foreknowing of a death. There is always a delema of whether it's better to tell or keep quiet. Who benefits from knowing? Does the person want to know? We aren't obligated to blurt it out just because it knocks us for a loop. And when we're experiencing the knowing, it's hard to stand back and apply discernment, but we can expand the precog while the doors are open, to "see" if knowing will be helpful or harmful. We have to keep our wits about us and grounding does assist that. But we aren't Master of the Universe, and rarely will foreknowing change the outcome.

So, why do we have these experiences? Does the Universe get some cheap thrill as we bang our heads against brick walls? I have a vague theory. I believe I recall a former Egyptian life in which my job was to say the formula prayers that assisted the dying as they crossed over. It's possible that in some manner, I'm still commissioned to aid the traveling soul in opening the way. Just maybe we have the experiences of death pre cogs to be an aid in opening the way for the modern traveler. Maybe.

In something huge, like 9/11, the Japanese tsunami, Malaysian Airlines catastrophes etc., there is a very noticable pre-disturbance in the force and lots and lots of people fore knew something was coming, all conspiracy theories aside. Knowing ahead doesn't give one an ability to change the massive event of eugenicists’ “plandemics” and for sure you're not stopping Nature. Not single handedly but there's power in numbers who are awakening.

I wonder about collective consciousness being positivly used to divert calamity. I believe this was the principle behind O.L. of Fatima or any Marian apparitions that may or may not be authentic, and/or was adopted by Project Bluebeam. My idea is that, when we get hit broadside by a precog, we can center our individual selves within the collective, and let the Whole Collective work it out. Maybe a precog is the Collective rattling our chain for this very purpose?

Edit: so in summary, in individual cases of foreknowing an impending death, we can help the crossing over process just by being aware of it. In mass-calamity cases we can take it to the Collective Consciousness to assist the group's passing-over or forewarn those who would rather decline.

It's like one "There, there dear. It's over now" is worth ten " Dang, you could have ducked."

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”