Psychic Energetic development?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
earthenergies

Psychic Energetic development?

Post by earthenergies »

Hi everyone,

I studied psychic development and mediumship many years ago, and we did exercises where we would be blindfolded and have to read people's energy. It went a bit over my head back then, but I'm suddenly getting it. Recently I've had a leap forward in spiritual development,and I've got a heightened sensitivity to energy interactions.

I'm an empath, and highly sensitive, and so in the past I was very focused on blocking people's negative vibes. Now I see that in doing that, I was blocking everything - including my own awareness and consciousness. I'm noticing that I dont have to block anymore. Im rooted in myself, and I see the vibes coming towards me, and if they are bad, I let them go through me.

People have very different ways of handling their energy. Some will hold everything in, some will try to put their energy on others, and some will try to take the energy of others.

In the past, I was a "holder in". I resisted taking or receiving people's energy, because I didnt want to be an energy vampire. I wanted to connect to Source only. But now I'm understanding that there's a normal and healthy way to take / receive the energies of others. Exroverts do it all the time.

Anyway, I'm also doing something else and I dont quite understand, and this is where my question lies...

It's about what I'm doing when I feel people putting their energy on me, or trying to take energy. As soon as I feel the smothering feeling of someone putting energy on me, I try to receive it instead of block it. And, when I feel someone "plugging into" me, I consciously plug into them. I feel them taking my energy, and I take theirs.

Ive been doing it as an experiment because it's been something that's terrified me over the years. I was terrified that if I took people's energy they would abandon me. But what's been happening has been very interesting...

I always considered extroverts to be energy vampires (appologies for that phrase _ i know it's loaded). But I'm realising that extroverts DO plug in to others, but they allow you to plug back into them, and when you do, it creates an energetic connection between you too. True energy vampires will get out of your field if you plug back into them. They are looking for a supply, not a connection.

I did an experiemnt with one of my besties tonight. We tried to take energy from different parts of eack other's bodies. I noticed it was difficult for my solar plexus to connect to his, and realised that introverts (as we are) struggle to connect along that chakra. We connect more on a mental / spiritual level than the more human ego / heart levels.

Okay, so - finally my question! Is anyone out there developing themselves energetically in this way? I'm not even sure what to call it. I'm operating very much on intuition. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

EE x
corvidus

Re: Psychic Energetic development?

Post by corvidus »

earthenergies wrote:Okay, so - finally my question! Is anyone out there developing themselves energetically in this way? I'm not even sure what to call it. I'm operating very much on intuition. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

EE x
If by "developing themselves in this way" you mean "learning about the social interaction between people," then I think a lot of us are ;)
It's about what I'm doing when I feel people putting their energy on me, or trying to take energy. As soon as I feel the smothering feeling of someone putting energy on me, I try to receive it instead of block it. And, when I feel someone "plugging into" me, I consciously plug into them. I feel them taking my energy, and I take theirs.
When you receive it, try to send it into the Earth. It's much like the 'Ground' wire on electrical appliances. If there is an overload (or in this case negative energy), grounding it is the best route. Of course, it follows the rules of 'least resistance' in it's path, and if you have energetic blockages in your own body, they will impede the flow of external energy.

Ive been doing it as an experiment because it's been something that's terrified me over the years. I was terrified that if I took people's energy they would abandon me. But what's been happening has been very interesting...
Props to you for taking on your fears ;)
I always considered extroverts to be energy vampires (appologies for that phrase _ i know it's loaded). But I'm realising that extroverts DO plug in to others, but they allow you to plug back into them, and when you do, it creates an energetic connection between you too. True energy vampires will get out of your field if you plug back into them. They are looking for a supply, not a connection.
Very good insights here. Vampires like to 'control' things, and will do anything to try to keep that control; whereas everyday people are just looking for someone to talk to. They probably talk to you because, in their minds, you're their friend. Friends always have an open connection (but it varies depending on the type of friendship -- close friends, work friends, acquaintances, etc.)
I did an experiemnt with one of my besties tonight. We tried to take energy from different parts of eack other's bodies. I noticed it was difficult for my solar plexus to connect to his, and realised that introverts (as we are) struggle to connect along that chakra. We connect more on a mental / spiritual level than the more human ego / heart levels.
The funny thing about this is that, in my studies, I've found that the Heart level is where the Mental level comes from. Also in my opinion is that Introverts should learn how to act from the Heart, and not the Mind so much. But that's for a different topic ;)
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

I completely agree. As an introvert I find my heart is quick to close to relationships and love. I've been working at this for a few years, and although I'm much more open than I thought I'd ever be, I'm still an introvert lol. It's tough, but possible to be open.
earthenergies

Post by earthenergies »

corvidus wrote: If by "developing themselves in this way" you mean "learning about the social interaction between people," then I think a lot of us are ;)
Ha, that's one way of putting it :)
corvidus wrote:When you receive it, try to send it into the Earth. It's much like the 'Ground' wire on electrical appliances. If there is an overload (or in this case negative energy), grounding it is the best route. Of course, it follows the rules of 'least resistance' in it's path, and if you have energetic blockages in your own body, they will impede the flow of external energy.
Yes, here's the interesting thing - when I send my energy down to the earth, my digestive elimination speeds up to an unhealthy degree, and I start to have some financial concerns. I noticed this one time when I awas practicing earthing a lot, and it made me realise that it IS possible to be "too grounded". In my case I realise I need to work more on absorption and nourishment. Rather than grounding down, I need to "ground up".
corvidus wrote:The funny thing about this is that, in my studies, I've found that the Heart level is where the Mental level comes from. Also in my opinion is that Introverts should learn how to act from the Heart, and not the Mind so much. But that's for a different topic ;)
Interesting... can you explain that? By "mental" I meant intellectual. Totally agree that we need to work on the heart connection!
earthenergies

Post by earthenergies »

tutmosis wrote:I completely agree. As an introvert I find my heart is quick to close to relationships and love. I've been working at this for a few years, and although I'm much more open than I thought I'd ever be, I'm still an introvert lol. It's tough, but possible to be open.
I know what you mean. Right now I'm focusing on opening my heart to myself... which is basically "self love" but done from an energetic perspective... It works much better!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

earthenergies wrote:
Interesting... can you explain that? By "mental" I meant intellectual. Totally agree that we need to work on the heart connection!

It depends on where you think consciousness is centered. Some think it's in the head, some think it's in the soul. The soul is usually considered to correspond to the heart.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”