Born without a veil aka being a psychic

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Bychan Wulf

Born without a veil aka being a psychic

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Born without a veil
Are you a psychic by Birth?

Have you been called ‘too sensitive’?
Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?
Feel other people’s pain even though you wish you didn’t?
Do you regularly give your whole heart to a relationship, only to wind up hurt?

If any of these things sound like you, you may have been born without a veil.

Being born without a veil means you have little to no energetic boundary between you and the world around you.
People who are born with little to no energetic skin have clear psychic abilities, and they also can:
Have strong empathetic gifts

More easily sense, see and perceive the world of Spirit

More easily know what others are thinking and feeling

Have a difficult time with boundaries in relationships

Have increased natural psychic ability

Even if you don’t consider yourself a psychic right at this exact moment, consider the statements above.

People with extremely natural psychic abilities often don’t realize they are being psychic when they are.

They don’t realize that knowing when something is a bad idea is a thing. And they certainly don’t realize that most people don’t suddenly have the solutions to all of everyone else’s problems.
Being born with a spiritual ‘thin skin’ is becoming more common, as it’s both more prevalent than ever before and parents are also noticing it, fostering it and more in tune with sensitive children than ever before.

Don’t think you were born without a veil?
There are also events in our life that will open up psychic abilities later on to reveal a thin, more empathetic and sensitive nature underneath.

You could have experienced a veil thinning event:
The birth a child

The loss of a loved one

A traumatic injury

Certain holidays around the world
A near death experience

A major breakup or divorce

A career change or a move

The diagnosis or healing of an illness

Another type of spiritual awakening event

These events can catalyze the unfoldment or awareness of hidden psychic abilities and facilitate the thinning of your veil so you can more easily sense, perceive and tune into the unseen world of energy and Spirit.
By Amanda Linette Meder on https://www.amandalinettemeder.com/blog ... E.facebook
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Born without a veil aka being a psychic

Post by SpiritTalker »

Interesting guide to recognizing one's innate psychic sensitivity.
As someone once asked me, why would you want to "sense, tune in to, or perceive" the unseen world?
It's the way we came out of the box, I replied.
What's in it for you?
Well, with spiritual awareness we advance the graces of mercy and compassion.
Is that a good thing?
Some people think so.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I see all psychic abilities as a gift and as good things,as well. Even if there is nothing in it for the psychic, the happiness he/she receives from helping others is more than anybody could ask for.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Unfortunately to many people, especially in unsympathetic environments, the abilities brand them and they are uncomfortable if not actually frightened, by experiences in two worlds simultaneously. It delights me when someone naturally welcomes and promotes their awareness for the gifts they can bring to others. I want to cheer. YIPPIE!
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Have you tried to suppress them as a child? Or did your parents told you to become part of the real world and forget about the "superpowers"?
As far as I know,in this situation,the abilities are still there but part of you is scared of them or doesen't want them.( This is usually the subconscious part of you)
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

I am wondering something, after reading the original post...

When it speaks of a veil, is it talking about a spiritual/energetic kind of veil?

Because in my culture (and I am aware that many other cultures have the same belief), when babies are born with their veil (normally, it breaks while childbirth is going on, so babies are born without it and it is rare for babies to have them intact after they're born) are considered the most powerful psychics (and I've met people who at least for me, corroborate this belief) there are. It is also believed they are protected, for example, they won't die drowned or at sea. So it caught my attention, because the title of the post seems contradictory to me, as to what I'm familiar with.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think it means the natural energetromagnetic shield of a person. If it isn't as thick as it is at an usual person or isn't there at all,the person will have psychic abilities.

You know those "secret diaries" where you write with a pen that makes it invisible and the only way to read it is with a special light that they give you?
Maybe in your culture the veil means to have that special light,and being able to see the aspects of the world,that others can't?
I never heard of that kind of veil,that protects the child from drowning and others,before,I'll look it up;-)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

BW - a common term for born with a caul is "being born with a veil", in which the amniotic sack is over the face when the child is born. The sack is kept and dried, then worn in a pouch as a talisman or safely stored. Carlo Ginsburg, an anthropologist, researched the 1300-1700 European witch trial records and found several references to a belief that being born with a caul indicated the person would be a shape shifter, or what today we call astral traveler. In his book "Night Battles" he tells of specific cults that fought astral battles for the crops or outcome of the harvest at specific times of the the year, such as the days between Christmas and Epiphany...today, Jan 6th. He also found this in references to werewolf cults, and as a possible survival of a Shamanic protection ritual.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm not really sure how to approach this with sensitivity. But...
Is it possible that the author of the blurb could have gotten misinformation?
I am completely unaware of any culture that has the belief that if the veil is "not" present then you will be psychically gifted. It has been my understanding from lore and the many midwives I've worked with, that the "gift" comes from being born with that piece of sack or caul still covering baby's head.
We could do a survey here as we do have many talented psychics, how many of us were born with a veil and how many without? How often are you all correct in your readings? We could make a post with a poll but I've never done it...Kass would encourage us! She made a post about that some time back.
Thoughts?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

SpiritTalker wrote:BW - a common term for born with a caul is "being born with a veil", in which the amniotic sack is over the face when the child is born...
Oh,that makes sense!
firebirdflys wrote:I'm not really sure how to approach this with sensitivity. But...
Is it possible that the author of the blurb could have gotten misinformation?
Maybe! I got it from an empath group that seemed to trust both the site and the blurb. I don't know how many actual psychics there are there though...
firebirdflys wrote:We could do a survey here as we do have many talented psychics, how many of us were born with a veil and how many without? How often are you all correct in your readings? We could make a post with a poll but I've never done it...Kass would encourage us! She made a post about that some time back.
Thoughts?
Cool! I think that would be the quickest way to get other psychics insight on this.
I have no idea how to do a survey, maybe the more IT-capable people would like to help.:-)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was told that the nurse thought I was breech when I was being delivered, due to my bald head. Pretty sure that means I did not have a caul. I have experienced things beyond this world since early childhood. My mother was never able to train it out of me. For me it runs the gamut from gift to nuisance to burden.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was a cesarean birth six weeks early because they didn't think mom could survive delivery. No caul.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I spent some time yesterday researching American folk magic, specifically the traditions that come from the Appalachians and the Ozarks, and I was so surprised to find this idea mentioned. It's seems the settlers of this area also believed this. Don't know if it's an idea they brought with them from the old country, or a new idea they got from another group that lived near by in the area at the time. This tradition was born because of all the different cultures there that brought their own old ways and shared their ideas with others, causing a blend of cultures to create a new one.

Rosie
lucylightbringer

Post by lucylightbringer »

Suhrt wrote:I am wondering something, after reading the original post...

When it speaks of a veil, is it talking about a spiritual/energetic kind of veil?

Because in my culture (and I am aware that many other cultures have the same belief), when babies are born with their veil (normally, it breaks while childbirth is going on, so babies are born without it and it is rare for babies to have them intact after they're born) are considered the most powerful psychics (and I've met people who at least for me, corroborate this belief) there are. It is also believed they are protected, for example, they won't die drowned or at sea. So it caught my attention, because the title of the post seems contradictory to me, as to what I'm familiar with.
Do you mean still born in the sac?
One of my twins was and it is supposed to be lucky... so I've been told, my twins will be psychic anyway as it seems to run in the family but strangely only on the woman side :/
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Yes, the amniotic sac that is correct. This article helped me understand the concept more from a "everyday person's medical" point of view. http://www.pregnancycorner.com/giving-b ... birth.html

It explains there are different types of cuels. One is the kind I think we're all picturing. A baby being born inside an intact amnionic sac. Apparently, this is very very rare. Then there is the type where a baby is born with the broken sac wrapped around their face. In this case the sac is easily removed from the baby.

The last type is where the sac is broken, and starts to adhere to the baby's body and removal can cause scaring.

Rosie

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”