Merkaba

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Kassandra

Merkaba

Post by Kassandra »

Does anyone resonate with this phenomena? Could you explain what you experience, if anything? I just get nothing on this, and from all I've read, it's supposed to be significant.

Thanks.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Merkaba

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have a few in quartz, Jasper, goldstone and sodalite, and a wire one. The only buzz was from the quartz, and that was a sleepy drag-away or sense of oozing out of myself. I've meditated holding it (the quartz), slept with it, and carried it for a few days. Nothing obvious to report from any of it. I only played with it, and have not done more.

Since playing, i have read the merkaba design is attributed to Metatron, and is associated with stages of manifestation of energy to matter, so Id think that having one during spell work could be effective, but not until I know more about it.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks SpiritTalker. It's interesting that you have merkaba-shaped stones you work with. Thanks for sharing that.

I've been hearing we each have some sort of "merkaba body," like we have other different bodies. These bodies are called "kosa" in Sanskrit. I can see these on people, and on myself, no problem. We each have several of them. They correlate with what in English we call "the mental body," "the emotional body," "the causal body," and so on. These I can see, and I have incorporated this information into my readings for other people in the past.

I have not seen mine nor anyone else's merkaba body, however. If this phenomenon really exists, I suppose I just have to sit tight to find out about them. It happens that way sometime, waiting to learn more about a thing. But, I have learned that once I put the intention out there that I want to learn more about something, my request will be answered. I just have to wait for it. It may take days, weeks, months, but I always get answers to these kind of requests, eventually. I look forward to learning more.

Thanks.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think this merkaba body could be like the Higher Self...and in my first attempt to reply, I had deleted a reference to this. OK, so I'll add it now...

Some time after the merkaba stone had entered my life, after playing with 'em, &possibly related, I merged with my HS in a waking vision.

edit-I've shortened this as it is probably not relevant to OP.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kassandra wrote:.
I have not seen mine nor anyone else's merkaba body, however.

And not without good reason :)

It's been awhile since I studied it in depth, so my memory could be off.

My understanding of the Merkaba is it was the result of techniques used by the 'Prophets' of early Jewish mysticism to produce visions though astral travel. The reason they needed the Merkaba, I assume, was to protect them when viewing the Divine unadulterated and to help them descend back to our plane.

It was part of a ceremony at the big jewish Temple back in the day, in which a Red Heffer was sacrificed and it's ashes used as incense or some sort of anointing paste. After the destruction of the Temple, they could no longer sacrifice the Red Heffer and thus ended the age of Prophecy for the Jewish people. And most likely wby the Merkaba body is so rare, imo.

Or something like that. There is a whole area of study on the subject of Merkaba literature and Hekhalot literature.

I'm sure a Rabbi or a Rebbe would know much more about it than I do.
random417

Post by random417 »

As corvidus says, merkaba was pre kabbalistic ( for the most part) Jewish mysticism, the part of which carries into modern occult practice being the formation of a merkaba (literally chariot) around the astral body, to travel through the planes. There's more to it of course, but much of it was absorbed in kabbalistic stuff.

For me, the image of a "3d star of David" associated with the merkaba, has become an intermediate point so to speak when working with astral travel. It's easier to envision this vehicle than to recreate my body, i guess is the way I'd describe it. Then the vehicle can move and you can exit/dissolve it with an astral body. I don't know if that's the way it was used historically but it works better for me than traditional AP techniques.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm glad Corvidus and Random straightened that out.
random417

Post by random417 »

SpiritTalker, there is some suggestion of using the merkaba as a vehicle (no pun intended) for awakening the HGA, but they're pretty scattered. I'd be interested in hearing more, even if it doesn't fit in the thread. Feel free to PM if you think it fits better there
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oh guys, by all means, go on tangents (if it merits a new thread, I can always just do that mod thing, no worries). Do feel free to express here whatever comes to any of you, especially since I don't think this topic has been discussed at length on this board before, that I'm aware of, at least. This may be a first.

And SpiritTalker, the last few days after posting this I kept thinking of my Higher Self for some reason, connecting it to this topic somehow, so maybe you're not too far off on that. And I'm glad you mentioned your merkaba stones, because I could see how they might be good tools for manifestation-thinking, as a merkaba shape is basically two intersecting pyramids.

Thanks for your great research suggestions, corvidus. And now I understand why I don't "just see" merkaba in peoples' energy fields, as it may not be a part of the energetic anatomy unless volitionally manifested, or connected-to (?), by the individual. Makes perfect sense.

And random417, that's interesting how you've used merkaba in relation to astral travel. Yes, the "vehicle" usage is how I've read it referenced before, for astral traveling etc., which is partly what intrigued me about the topic. You've explained a little how it might be useful in that regard, because I always just think myself somewhere and I'm there, and did not understand why I might even need a merkaba body. But your insight helped.

Thanks.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kassandra wrote: Thanks for your great research suggestions, corvidus. And now I understand why I don't "just see" merkaba in peoples' energy fields, as it may not be a part of the energetic anatomy unless volitionally manifested, or connected-to (?), by the individual. Makes perfect sense.

No problem. There is a resurgence of Merkaba within the "new-age" population. They say to create/imagine a star tetrahedron, with the active and passive pyramids, rotating.

I tried that for awhile and decided the actual practice of Merkaba, rather than creating a star tetrahedron within the energy system, was a bit more involved than visualization excersises. Hence the more in depth research.

Eventually I abandoned it for other things.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Well, one good thing about New Agism, it's like a tasty buffet of spiritual hors d'oeuvres. You could take a bite a' this, take a bite a' that. Then you could decide which you want to actually make into a full meal, and later revisit that topic in much more depth...the bright side I guess. It's like a gateway to new ideas, like taking general survey classes in college, before deciding on a major, lol.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”