What's your "specialty?"

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Sakura Blossom

What's your "specialty?"

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I thought this might be a fun thread to have on here~ I know a lot of us tend to have wonderful intuition so I figured it'd be cool to share what our area of "expertise" happens to be. (:

I was thinking about it today because we're having severe weather and I usually just know when we will. I usually have a dream the night before that tells me it's coming or I'll wake up on a perfectly sunny day and just "feel" that something with the weather is going to be bad this day.

Sure enough today, we're under severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watch right now with some of the state under tornado warning.

So! What would you call your "specialty"? What's the subject area or even areas that you typically have a keen sense of knowing with?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: What's your "specialty?"

Post by Seraphin »

What you have is a gift worth developing Sakura. May I just suggest you keep a empath/psychometry journal. You might be able to use this ability positively and beneficially, warning people of impending dangers or solving problems. Oh and be safe!

My fiancee often dreams the bad weather or calamity that would soon come to our place. Her precognitive, telepathic and clairvoyant abilities manifest in dreams.

For me,on the other hand, I think my specialty as a healer would be the ability to know and diagnose some disease without any instrument except my clairvoyance. I've done several psychic diagnosis with great success, but I couldn't really tell how I did them. They just happened unplanned, naturally.

Like for instance, when I was visited by an old friend, complaining of a magnificent headache. Just for fun, I told her I would take a look at her migraine issue . I sat facing her and mentally saw her skull with his nasal bone badly angled to one side; I knew intuitively that it was the source of her head problem.The deviated septum caused sinusitis, which in turn caused the severe pain. My friend, as well as a physician who was present, were surprised how the hell I could diagnosed it with my eyes closed. But I'm telling you, I was more surprised than they were.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you, Seraphin! I already am working on it as best as I can but the journal is a good idea. I keep one of my experiences in other parts of the craft but not this. (: Mine are rarely dreams. Usually it's in real time that it happens but earlier in the day. I also have a good ability with knowing when (as horrible as it is) someone is going to get hurt/pass on.

That's very interesting about your fiancee, though! Thanks for sharing. (:

I totally understand yours too, Seraphin. I'm good with that but only when I am touching someone over the area that's hurt but even then I don't know the exact amount. Mine is with psychology. Hehe.

I could just imagine having that happen, though! Wow! That's very spot on for simply looking with your eyes closed, definitely! I hope they were able to get it taken care of~
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

My migraines let me know when it's going to rain; barometric pressure and all that good stuff.

Sometimes I get premonitions but they're either 3-15 seconds of events exactly as they later happen and refer to such mundane things that they don't really help me, or they're so convoluted that I tend to get lost in the details instead of the big picture/end result (which is what tends to happen anyway). So neither really helps me and I've learned to just kind of roll with it.

The only part of my intuition that actually gives me any kind of assistance is my tendency of being able to tell when my husband or anyone else I tend to live with for an extended amount of time is on their way home. I'm generally fairly accurate within a 15 minute window. It doesn't always work, and it's much clearer with my husband than with anyone else. Surprise visits I have no idea on, I seem to need to know that at some point during the day they will be headed home. But it's good for things like... clearing up any books or messes I don't want to answer questions about, for example.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hm, well, I definitely consider tarot my specialty, I immediately clicked with it. (I really need to get back into practicing more.) I also want to try other types of divination....

I also am quite gifted with premonitions/visions, but they're usually only seconds before the occurrence and of rather small things. For example, at a raffle, the lady pulled out the name slip (one out of about 50) and I thought, "oh, that's going to be my brother" and she read his name out a split second later. It's just things like that.

I'll be interested to see other responses to this thread, it's been good reading so far. :D

~Falcon
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Does curse/hex breaking count? It's always just come easily to me. Though it's mostly theory, when I do come across the rare curse, I have an almost uncanny instinct on what needs to be done. I'm currently working on shattering the bond between a voodoo doll and its "victim".
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I can hear when people are lying. It's their voice, I can't really explain it, I just know if someone is lying. Not a nice thing to have as a speciality :)
On the other hand, I am never mistaken about who is my friend and who is not.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

If someone I know loses something, I can always find it. I just know where they put it. Very handy. I can also tell how many puppies/kittens will be in a litter. My mom has the same ability. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Heartsong wrote:If someone I know loses something, I can always find it. I just know where they put it. Very handy.
Hey Heartsong,

Any chance you can help me find the title to my car? :P

My specialty seems to be stating my opinion as fact...
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

corvidus wrote:
Hey Heartsong,

Any chance you can help me find the title to my car? :P
Ha, maybe. Did you look under a table or desk? ;)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol everyones are so cool mine is random.
Everyone knows about my dreams but I have this uncanny nack for knowledge speak as I call it. I will be just talking and all of a sudden I will say something I know nothing about and turns out it's right and it can be facts or just stuff about people, like when I was playing this trivia game with my cousin before she could even read the card a letter would pop into my head "C" and then that would be the answer of that card. My cousin got suspicious and had me do a few out loud when I told her. Stuff like that happens randomly though not so much in my control. But I have to say besides my dreams that seems to be the main thing that happens to me. *shrugs* Things like that happen all the time kinda like Heartsong also, when someone loses something I would be talking to them and state it as a fact like my friend in NY lost his glasses and I was like "you knocked it of your desk last night when you were searching for your text book" and sure enough that's where they were.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Claircognizance, Empathy and Precognitive dreams.

Babybear, it sounds like you're Claircognizant as well.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Red Ember

Post by Red Ember »

I seem to do a lot of work with spirit during dream state, so I would say that. Although, everyone else (teachers) keep telling me my clairvoyance is where it's at.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

TwilightDancer wrote:Claircognizance, Empathy and Precognitive dreams.

I need you on speed dial. Like literally. Every 30 seconds I'm losing things.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Azure Lily wrote:
TwilightDancer wrote:Claircognizance, Empathy and Precognitive dreams.

I need you on speed dial. Like literally. Every 30 seconds I'm losing things.
So is my husband! Haha, I'm always being put to the test.

Once I was riding in the car with my grandmother ( right after moving to Michigan from Georgia) and she was getting lost and heading towards Detroit. I started giving directions and thankfully she trusted me (I was 12) and in no time we were on our way home.

Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”