Reoccurring Dreams and Gut Feeling

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Elemental Monte

Reoccurring Dreams and Gut Feeling

Post by Elemental Monte »

I use the term "gut feeling" because it's the most accurate description for how I feel about the validity of my dreams. They are more of nightmares to me.
There are two main ones, both of death: the death of my siblings, and the death of my father. They are extremely realistic, down to the names, places, and who kills them. I have never been given a hint of a date, but I haven't really searched for a sign either.
Both dreams can become a reality. Considering the situation of my father, the dream of him is terrifyingly possible - a drug deal gone wrong. In the dream of my sisters, our grandparents crash on the side of the road and I find them all dead. My grandparents are very old, and my sisters visit frequently, especially now that it's summertime.
I also have dreams of my mother. I watch her grow old and sour, drinking herself away and becoming secluded. Hating herself and every one else. In this dream, I watch my mother slowly kill herself, not Litteraly, but emotionally and spiritually. I don't live with my mother or my father, but from what I have heard about from relatives, these things have begun to take place.
Back to the "gut feeling," I can't shake the feel that something bad is going to happen. It hits me at random times. Like a boulder dropped into my stomach and I don't know why.
I hope I'm just being superstitious, for the sake of what sanity I have left. Because if I lose my sisters, I don't know what I will do. If I lose my father, I will mourn for the father I never had. If I continue to lose my mother, I will mourn for the great woman she once was.
corvidus

Re: Reoccurring Dreams and Gut Feeling

Post by corvidus »

Death has many faces. One in particular is the Little Death: The death of the Ego, the death of our desires to change or not to change, the death of our preconceived notions of who, what, where, when and why (in this case, it's the death of our perception of reality). Death is something that needs to be embraced in order for Spirit/God/Divinity to manifest in our lives.

You should get together with your family and have a celebration in honor of the fact that Everything dies. Or at the very least, honor the dead with a ceremony. Dont forget to paint your face like a skeleton. That way they won't know you're really alive

;)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Did you have the dreams before you learned of your parents' situation, or did you learn of their situation first and then began having dreams?
Elemental Monte

Post by Elemental Monte »

I started having the dreams right after I moved in with my dad, and I didn't know he was doing....certain drugs at the time, so I guess before.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Sorry, I thought you didn't live with your parents. Or... did the dreams start happening while you were living there and have been re-occurring since then and you've since moved out?

If your conscious or subconscious self had any inclination that something was awry, your dreams may be your mind's way of telling you that something is amiss and to be aware that something is amiss. Not necessarily that your dreams will occur in those exact details, or even that any deaths will occur. But that it's a possibility and it's your mind's way of telling you that it's a situation you need to see for what it is and for the damage it could potentially cause if all things hit the fan at once (statistically highly unlikely).

Perhaps if you relay your fears to your siblings so they take extra care, make sure you have all your bases covered, and understand that there are simply things out of your control, your nightmares will stop.

Just my own two cents on the matter. :)
darklady

Post by darklady »

Most likely you are worried about them. Dreams of death rarely mean death. But they sometimes can....try not to be too hard on yourself as far as worrying about the dream.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”