Understanding the Third Eye

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Sylar_pf

Re: Understanding the Third Eye

Post by Sylar_pf »

I always felt awe towards magick because I never quite understood how it works. I did feel attraction towards it but I agree on the fact that my fear might be induced by outer influences such as media or people being closed minded about it. Also my family wold probably freak out if I began with magick.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hmmm... let me guess... They are against the art of magick because they are Christian, scientific-minded folks or perhaps just coercively persuaded to believe that magick is evil or superstitious?

Well this is the problem with most of people. They are very militant and they condemn anything that they don’t understand.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

They are not Christians; they are rationalists, they don't believe in anything that is not "reasonable".
And also magick is either something that doesn't exist or if it does it's bad. I never really talked about it with them because they would consider me insane for sure
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

That's the tragedy that rationalist brought in the world of magick and psychism alike, that when something is chanced upon that can't be measured, weighed, dismantled, set against accepted laboratory devices, put under microscope or run through a computer, it's dismissed as rank superstition. But what they don't see and understand is that current scientific knowledge isnt yet able to explain all events, phenomena and human processes that take place both in the nature and cosmos.

It's okay if you don't feel discussing this subjects with them. It's really hard to prove to a disbelieving public that man could perform things that can't be explained logically and rationally. But isn't it that the whole humanity just progresses only when a few cranks and madmen dare to be different and challenge what this "rational" philosophers and "wise men". Look at Galileo Galilei when he proposed the heliocentric theory for instance, wasn't he ridiculed and maligned because his belief and theory didn't fit with the accepted rational explanation or science of that time.
Seraphin

Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Do you think it will ever be different in general? Will people ever consider magick as something good and not forbidden or evil?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I am hopeful. And If I'm not mistaken, it was the philosopher Alfred North Whitehead who said that: some ideas appear ridiculous when it is first introduced in skeptical communities. Also, in my observation and study of human history, all ideas and concepts we have now all undergo three stages of development: First it is denied, second, it is opposed violently, and third, it is accepted as self-evident truth.

I believe this is the same thing has happened and is happening in the case of magickal, psychic, and spiritual experiences and practices. I believe there's no such thing as "mysteries" in the sense of contrary or opposed to nature. Magick is not a mystery as well as spirituality. Mysteries should be defined as occurrences that seem to mock the laws of nature as we know them. Nothing can go against nature. Everything that happens here on this planet called Earth is normal, natural and radically and logically explainable, including magick! :wink:

New Sciences such as Quantum Physics and Noetic Science, I believe will be the fields that will tear aside the veil of ignorance that hold the timid minds of our today's scientists in thrall. They will open the door to larger horizons and a greater understanding and appreciation of the higher aspects of man's consciousness.
Seraphin

Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

I really was surprised when I found this forum. Before that I actually didn't know there is so much interest in it. In my country a small amount of people do magick and it's mostly a Christian country ( I dont think any explanation is needed for this one :D).
But I kinda doubt in places like this magick will ever be considered as a normal thing...
Hopefully in more open minded countires people will see it as a positive thing!

P.s. I really enjoyed this conversation with you Seraphin and learned a lot :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I know what you mean, but there are some movements going on in very small circles in Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc... that are starting to go back to their pagan roots. So you never know what time will bring. :)
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Vesca wrote:I know what you mean, but there are some movements going on in very small circles in Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc... that are starting to go back to their pagan roots. So you never know what time will bring. :)
I found only few information, but it's something. I hope you're right :)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Sylar_pf wrote:I really was surprised when I found this forum. Before that I actually didn't know there is so much interest in it. In my country a small amount of people do magick and it's mostly a Christian country ( I dont think any explanation is needed for this one :D).
But I kinda doubt in places like this magick will ever be considered as a normal thing...
Hopefully in more open minded countires people will see it as a positive thing!

P.s. I really enjoyed this conversation with you Seraphin and learned a lot :)
Hmmm... Or most probably, only few recognize that what they're doing is an act of simple magick! It's in everything that we do and most times on a daily basis that we're not even aware of. :wink: Every skeptic should look at his actions, habits, and beliefs before he opens his mouth regarding the reality of magick. The power of his thoughts and the emotions he put behind... that's already an act of magick. Just like what Yoruba tradition teaches, everyone has the ability to ultilize "ase" (forces of universe -- magickal, psyhcic, natural, divine, etc.), within the Yoruba cosmos, people possess "performantive power and knowledge".

I'm not really interested in proving to skeptics that magick exists. This isn't my job or my intention. I only want to share with interested people seemingly "strange" but true phenomena that are normally and routinely ignored by most rational people.

It's good to maintain a healthy skepticism, not to accept at face value everything a person told to us, but to verify everything. This way we might learn something other folks would never learn because they kept their mind closed to the true nature of reality.

And thank you! I also enjoyed talking with you!
Seraphin

Kaia

Post by Kaia »

This is a fascinating, thought-provoking read!

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”