Hearing Name In My Dream

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: need to ask

Post by Firebird »

I think whenever a name repeats in your head, you need to look at what's it all about... the thing is, could it be something beyond this world? Or someone of this plane? Determine that and go from there.
What is the name?
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Name In My Dream

Post by Seraphin »

When I was (much) younger, before I became spiritually aware, this happened on a regular basis for about a year: I kept on hearing someone's name, sometimes in my dreams and sometimes in my waking hours -- and I'd know there would be a letter waiting for me in the mail box when I got home.

I still don't know what purpose it served, hearing strange names and sometimes familiar names being called like that. Gee. Now I'm going to have to give that some meditative attention.

Hee... Yeah, way back in the day urban and rural folks actually wrote letters to one another and sent and received them in a Post Office -- with mailing envelopes and stamps and everything! *sighing quietly* Oh how long it's been...
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

I have had two such experiences.

Once I had a dream which was almost real! I used to be on a forum for a different group few years ago. I dream that someone named along the lines of "liquid" messaged me on that forum. I could swear I had a notification of message from that name. I woke up and checked my messages and was actually surprised there was nothing. I looked for screen names that matched that sort of name but couldnt find any.

And once during meditation, "Bodhi" name came to my mind. Not sure who it was and why but I was like "oh, is that the name?" I still havent met anyone with that name.
Zili

Post by Zili »

Ness, bodhi is a term in buddhism and a bodhisattva is an enlightened being, maybe your meditation was encouraging you to continue seeing enlightenment?

Bodhi
Bodhisattva
ness

Post by ness »

Zili wrote:Ness, bodhi is a term in buddhism and a bodhisattva is an enlightened being, maybe your meditation was encouraging you to continue seeing enlightenment?

Bodhi
Bodhisattva
hi Zili, yes, thats what I thought but not sure what it meant. My believes are partly hindu, partly buddist, partly pagan, partly other things :) I always thought that when a name comes up, its has to be a person. But you have a good point in suggesting that it might be a path instead of a person.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe in reference to a tree? The ficus religiosa, was supposedly the tree Buddha was born under. Since it really does better in the tropics, I have a ficus benjamina, which is the one you can usually get in a flower shop and does ok indoors, and it works for me as a connection to Buddhism (which is my husbands origin of birth religion) I leave offerings at the base of the tree. Mine is actually outside, but suffers in a cold snap...gotta cover it
Maybe the name is calling you to connect with a local ficus tree? It freezes where you are so maybe an indoor one?
Just some thoughts :D
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
ness

Post by ness »

firebirdflys wrote:Maybe in reference to a tree? The ficus religiosa, was supposedly the tree Buddha was born under. Since it really does better in the tropics, I have a ficus benjamina, which is the one you can usually get in a flower shop and does ok indoors, and it works for me as a connection to Buddhism (which is my husbands origin of birth religion) I leave offerings at the base of the tree. Mine is actually outside, but suffers in a cold snap...gotta cover it
Maybe the name is calling you to connect with a local ficus tree? It freezes where you are so maybe an indoor one?
Just some thoughts :D
Firebird
:D Firebirdflys! I looked up on ficus religiosa. I don't work much with trees or plants, so it's all new to me. One thing let to another and I ended up watching a video on how grow a bonsai. It was very interesting and nothing I would have watched otherwise :D You guys sure send me off on tangents and I love it! It's like you guys tell me "why don't you go down this road and check it out" and almost always I find interesting and fascinating things that are SO new to me. You have no idea how happy I am about such discoveries smiley_dance
n

Re: Hearing Name In My Dream

Post by n »

I've been having dreams for years. I don't know if they are day dreams and side effects of my overactive imagination or actual precog dreams but I'm a bit hesitant to find out. Similar to hearing a name I see a face and in the last six months I got a location. I bought a plane ticket but I've been putting off going because I'm afraid. Is it worth investigating? I think I'm afraid of either finding him, or of not finding him because it kinda feels like the consequences of either could be life changing. Has anyone ever followed precog dreams? Was it worth it?
ness

Post by ness »

n wrote:I've been having dreams for years. I don't know if they are day dreams and side effects of my overactive imagination or actual precog dreams but I'm a bit hesitant to find out. Similar to hearing a name I see a face and in the last six months I got a location. I bought a plane ticket but I've been putting off going because I'm afraid. Is it worth investigating? I think I'm afraid of either finding him, or of not finding him because it kinda feels like the consequences of either could be life changing. Has anyone ever followed precog dreams? Was it worth it?
Wow! Thats great that you have such details about the name, face and location. If that were the case with me, I would definitely follow up on the dream. It might not mean anything and that person might not really be anyone important, but the journey (literal and figurative) I believe will be. Worth is so subjective though... for me, to learn more is worth lot of effort. But if you are someone who expects certain "outcome" out of it and have some expectations, just know that it might not exactly turn out that way.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

n wrote:I've been having dreams for years. I don't know if they are day dreams and side effects of my overactive imagination or actual precog dreams but I'm a bit hesitant to find out. Similar to hearing a name I see a face and in the last six months I got a location. I bought a plane ticket but I've been putting off going because I'm afraid. Is it worth investigating? I think I'm afraid of either finding him, or of not finding him because it kinda feels like the consequences of either could be life changing. Has anyone ever followed precog dreams? Was it worth it?
Hey n, maybe this story will encourage you. It's a story of a man who kept getting visions about his soulmate, the love of his life whom he only met in his dreams. One day he got a message from above that he should ask Android Jones (an artist) to paint his vision and when his soulmate sees the painting she will immediately recognize him. It's a touching, real story. Here's him talking about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2DLeM-IaM

Here's the painting:

You will never know until you try! ;)
n

Post by n »

Levitating Cat wrote:
Hey n, maybe this story will encourage you. It's a story of a man who kept getting visions about his soulmate, the love of his life whom he only met in his dreams. One day he got a message from above that he should ask Android Jones (an artist) to paint his vision and when his soulmate sees the painting she will immediately recognize him. It's a touching, real story. Here's him talking about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2DLeM-IaM

Here's the painting:

You will never know until you try! ;)
I've actually been thinking more about this. I get these strange sensations all over my body, like pain or like someome or something is touching me. Doctors thought it was a side effect of physical trauma I suffered as a kid but there's no way to see it or properly diagnose it so I just cope. I'm starting to wonder if I'm feeling what someone else is? Is that possible? Has anyone ever heard of that? I'm a strong empath with very little control but I'm wondering if part of my lack of control is because I have some open channel with someone else?
n

Post by n »

ness wrote:
Wow! Thats great that you have such details about the name, face and location. If that were the case with me, I would definitely follow up on the dream. It might not mean anything and that person might not really be anyone important, but the journey (literal and figurative) I believe will be. Worth is so subjective though... for me, to learn more is worth lot of effort. But if you are someone who expects certain "outcome" out of it and have some expectations, just know that it might not exactly turn out that way.
I don't know what to expect honestly... I think I've had this drive to go there since I was a kid. I learned the language on a whim when I was 13 and I never really knew why. At the time I dismissed it as just an urge but I'm thinking it was maybe something more.
I got an apartment for a month in the city and I'm going to go looking. If I don't find him, I don't find him but at least I tried. I'm pretty sure he's a drug addict so that makes finding him that much harder.
ness

Post by ness »

n wrote:I don't know what to expect honestly... I think I've had this drive to go there since I was a kid. I learned the language on a whim when I was 13 and I never really knew why. At the time I dismissed it as just an urge but I'm thinking it was maybe something more.
I got an apartment for a month in the city and I'm going to go looking. If I don't find him, I don't find him but at least I tried. I'm pretty sure he's a drug addict so that makes finding him that much harder.
Hi n, Do you already know this person? How do you know he is a drug addict. Just curious... :)

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”