The Psychic Powers of Man

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

The Psychic Powers of Man

Post by Seraphin »

The following list is by no means complete and there may be many more psychic abilities that have not yet been identified, studied, or named by psychic researchers or parapsychologists. But this thread will gives us a good idea how varied such powers are and are by no means limited to clairvoyance or third eye.

I am splitting them on here into smaller more manageable chunks! Sorry if it's a bit elementary for some of you but thought I might as well share. Ask any questions or make any additions or amendments as you see fit!

Source: Psychic Club of Tucson

Astral Projection
Aura Reading
Bilocation
Biological Manipulation
Chronokinesis
Clairaudience
Claircognizance
Clairolfaction
Clairsentience
Clairvoyance
Dermoptics
Dowsing or Radiesthesia
Empathy
Exorcism
Fire Walking
Glossolalia & Xenolalia
Healing
Levitation
Materialization
Mediumship
Precognition
Prophecy
Psychic Diagnosis
Psychic Reading
Psychic Surgery
Psychometry
Pyrokinesis
Remote Viewing
Retrocognition
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Teleportation
Thoughtography
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

Re: Psychic Powers of Man

Post by Seraphin »

Astral Projection

"The Separation of the Spirit Body" from The Secret of the Golden Flower, a Chinese handbook on alchemy and meditation
Source: Wikipedia

More technically called Out-of the- Body Experience or OBE, it's the ability to project or detach one's astral body out of one's physical body. This can be developed and controlled if one is willing to do what it takes to master it.

There are four ways in which person's astral body gets projected out of physical body. The first two are common but the last two are quite rare.

The first is involuntary and unconscious. Whenever a person sleeps, his astral body goes out slightly out of physical body. That's one reason why sleep happens according to some parapsychologists, his astral body is slightly ajar but not completely out. Normally, the person isn't aware that this is happening, although this is a very common and natural phenomena.

The second way is involuntary and conscious. When a person gets out of his physical body and becomes conscious and aware he's out of his physical body, he may see his physical body lying asleep on the bed. If he doesn't panic, nothing really bad happens. He'll naturally sink back to his physical body without a problem.

But if he panics, there will be a disharmony between vibrations of the astral body and the physical body and therefore he may have difficulty getting back. The person may struggle or shout but he cannot move and no sound comes out of his mouth. When this happens, the more the person struggles, the more difficult it becomes to go back inside one's physical body.

The best thing to do when one wakes up in the astral world is simply to relax and do nothing. Once he thinks of his physical body he'll naturally sink right back in. In fact the more difficult thing to do when one is practicing astral projection is how to stay out, and not how to get back.

The third is voluntary and unconscious. There are people who deliberately try to get out of their physical body but may not be aware that they had succeeded in doing so.

The fourth way or type of OBE is voluntary and conscious. This is quite rare, and can be done by very few individuals, though through proper training and mental discipline, it can be experienced and practiced by a good number of people. Some mystics of the Far East, especially in Tibet, are known to do this easily and perfectly.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Aura Reading

There are some people who can see colors, usually around the head and shoulders of another. This is called human aura. All living creatures (and I believe in non-living creatures also) have an aura, but it is more prominent and complex in human beings compared to animals and plants.

The aura is caused by the life force burning within any creature and creation. It consists of electro-magnetic vibrations of finer matter which according to some occultists can be seen under by proper conditions and training. All living things has aura immeasurable because they are within the quantum science scalar field. Energy at this form cannot be contained to be static and be able to be observed or studied. Quantum science of nuclear physics is fairly "infant" even at this modern age that it is just recently that they discovered that the very building blocks of sub-atomic particles that holds an atom as an atom is none the less but "light", a primordial form of energy encapsulated within the material existence.

Light, as we know it in Ancient esoteric context is both immaterial and spiritual. There have been many attempts to capture or photograph people or subject that produce output that display's aura. A more scientific method of this output is called "cold lens photography" (more like infrared photography), where in lens is submerged to below zero degree Celsius thus limiting the passing wavelengths of energy into the lens and only allowing those "strong but subtle" energy to pass through. A red apple after being captured by this method results to a photo of an apple, that is not quite red at all but multi-colored.

The most important function or use of the aura is for medical diagnosis. By knowing in advance what illness will befall an individual, the effect can be thwarted, or at least minimized. By healing the diseased condition in the aura, it is possible to forestall the onset of the illness in the physical plane.

The ability to see the aura is not so common but there are a good number who have such ability. They will just stare at a person, observe him/her for few seconds and they see lights emanating around him. The aura can be define as the state of a person's energy and soul expressed in colors. The colors of the human aura therefore are indicative of the different aspects of the person's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual condition.

The Meanings of Various Colors in the Aura
Black - indicates anger, hatred and malice
Red - shows anger, selfishness and sensuality
Brown - means avarice, selfishness and jealousy
Gray - indicates deep depression, sadness and fear
Crimson - indicates love
Orange - indicates pride and ambition
Green - signifies deceit, cunning, versatility, ingenuity, quickness of resources
Blue - indicates spiritual feeling, healing, and devotion
Yellow - denotes intellectuality

The human aura as captured by Kirlian Photography.
Source: http://www.insightfulinnovations.com/zy ... d-the-aura
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Bilocation

Bilocation is literally what it says it is -- namely being at two (bi) places (locus) at the same time. Although easily explained, the phenomenon still sounds too unbelievable and fantastic for modern ears to believe.

Bilocation or multilocation is achieved by projecting one's astral body, out of one's physical body and wishing it to be in another place of one's choice. Normally, the astral body isn't visible to other average persons. But on certain occasions, the astral body can be made visible and if there's a clairvoyant person who normally see etheric beings or somebody is in harmony with another person then it can be seen and felt as tangibly as if he's physically present.

Many people who see persons' etheric doubles, mistakenly referred them as doppel gangers (though there are spiritual beings that really mimics and imitates living beings). And that they feel it's a bad omen. This is not true at all.

Deliberate and conscious bilocation is very rare. But involuntary, unconscious biolcation is quite common and has happened to may people, usually to their great disbelief.

One incident of bilocation that was internationally reported was the case of the late priest named Padre Pio.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Biological Manipulation

There is a type of psychic ability that is so rare that researchers have not even yet invented a name for it so I decided to personally give it a name :lol: which I borrowed from Superpowers wiki :roll:. I call it "Biological Manipulation" or "Biokinesis". It consists essentially of a person's ability to hasten or accelerate the natural biological process.

The Israeli psychic named Uri Geller is one of the few people who can demonstrate an uncanny ability to sprout within minutes seeds placed on his palm simply by commanding them to grow.

Here's a video of Geller, trying to let grow some seeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dBYCqaW2UMI
Seed sprouting is an act I perform as few times as possible because it actually scares me. It interferes with life. And, as yet, no sceptic or magician has been able to explain this. I make something grow, like radish seeds for example. I close my hand on them and will them to sprout. The phenomenon is fantastic and the bud usually sprouts. The process of time has been condensed. Usually it could take up to a week to happen naturally but with me it happens in a few moments. I really concentrate deeply and focus my mind on exactly what I want to happen. I can really visualise seeing that seed growing on my imaginary TV screen. It's fantastic when the bud comes out!

Source: http://www.uri-geller.com/books/fortune ... /fort4.htm
In my observation, while Uri was sitting there and breathing, biokineis was already there but not seen by the naked eye. How? Light-waves bent around him, at the sound of his voice, waves of frequencies moved the mobile particles suspended in the air and influence life on cellular level.

Now, it's up to you to decide if you're going to believe it or not :D .
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Clairaudience

This refers to the psychic ability to hear voices or conversations afar. This happens occasionally and when it does, it's always spontaneous or involuntary, it just happens. One just hear conversations without the concerned parties anywhere near the individual.

Some mothers experience clairaudience often, they can somehow hear their small children crying even when far away. This is because they develop a strong psychic connection and attunement with their kids through their emotional bonding and closeness. What their babies feel, see, taste and experience resonates on them.

How is this possible?

Everything has sounds. Each colours has its own sound. The flowers and the trees have their own voice. The shapes have their own sounds too. Emotions have sounds: anger, happiness, loneliness, all of them have.

Now that being said, this only means that all things vibrates. All vibrations produce waves. Vibrating guitar strings or vocal cords, for example, produce sound waves. All objects have a natural set of frequencies at which they vibrate when somehow disturbed.

So what sort of disturbance can cause the system to vibrate? It's the movement of our thoughts. A person can able to tune in to other people or objects intentionally or unintentionally by focusing his mind on them and raising his consciousness above the person or object while in a very relaxed state.

Although, this is a rare ability, clairaudience does happen when conditions are right.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Clairolfaction

Refers to the psychic ability to smell psychic information and spirits rather than see, feel, or heart it.

This psychic ability is known by various names such as , clairalience or alternatively, clairolfactance.

In order for us to smell something psychically, odourant molecules from the object have to make it to our nose. Everything we smell, therefore, is giving off particles -- whether it is bread in the bakery, perfume, emotions and dis-eases of other people, spirits, or other entities. Those particles float through the air. Again like in clairaudience, if these particles are disturbed, their motion accelerates which sometimes go to our nose and receive by our subconscious mind.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Clairsentience

This refers to the psychic ability to sense or feel the presence of spirits, energies and thought forms which are not normally sensed by ordinary people. The impression of this psychic sense is formed from several modalities including subtle pressure, vibration and temperature from things, energies and entities whether it's etheric or physical in nature. In my observation, there are more people who are clairsentient than clairvoyant. They can feel things but can't see them.

Although most people's third eye or clairvoyant vision isn't fully developed, they can usually sense spirits during their waking states and even during sleep.

People who have this ability can tell if there are spirits around a house or any place without seeing them. Some are more sensitive to the point that they can identify the negative ones. People who can sense highly negative entities often feel difficulty or heaviness in their breathing and some developed headaches. Others have goosebumps or feel their hair standing up. Sometimes, when a spirit or entity comes to near them, they fall into trance and can't move, and some even lose consciousness.

Clairsentient folks who have "uncontrolled mediumistic tendencies" are advised to avoid going to hospitals, wakes, and cemeteries since there are usually earthbound spirits there.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Clairvoyance

Clairvoyance comes from two French words which mean "to see clearly". It can be defined as the faculty of seeing with the inner eye or spiritual sight. This more popularly called the "Third Eye."

As usual, mainstream science has no satisfactory explanation of clairvoyance, nor indeed of many of psychic powers I'm discussing here. It's because science tries so hard to discredit them merely because these powers aren't always achievable, duplicable or repeatable under laboratory conditions.

And here's where the ancient and largely criticized and misunderstood occult science proves to be of help. Although the explanation is scientifically unprovable and will even sound "fanstatic" and "annoyingly highbrow", it nevertheless offers us a fresh view, a mental handle with which to grasp such a vague power.

Eastern esoteric teachings explain clairvoyance in relation to the astral plane. All our physical faculties and senses have their counterpart in the astral plane and other higher planes. The vibrations, energies or essences emanating from all objects are received by the astral and higher faculties and are transmitted to the consciousness of man. Of course, it takes much practice and discipline to be able to do this, to make it conscious, but it's a faculty or power possessed by every man. In other words, it's natural for man to have such powers.

In my theory, there are two ways in which man can see clairvoyantly. The first is through focusing on a distant or unseen or immaterial object and seeing through the astral tube. The second is through projection of consciousness or awareness to distant place without going out of one's physical body. The person who is doing this will feel the distant or incorporeal image first in his mind, then he will try to visualize it. And when he begin to search for it, it will materialize in his mind.

The latter method is much more difficult to accomplish consciously compared to the astral tube method and is consequently rare.

Many people are really clairvoyant to a lesser or greater degree without being aware of it. This is one of the most common of psychic powers. Most of the times, it manifests spontaneously and involuntarily.

A person who sees a incorporeal beings of whatever type, whether an earthbound, a natural or elemental spirit, etheric beings or thought forms, is a clairvoyant.

Clairvoyant vision need not involve the use of physical sense of sight, because one can see a spirit or non physical entity with eyes completely closed. When we see things that are immaterial and invisible to the naked eye we're simply using our inner faculties. Some people have ability to willfully turn their focus and attention from physical to the spiritual or astral sense or sight. Most people however, don't have such willful capacity but it just happens spontaneously.

Clairvoyance is not all about seeing spirits and entities that can't be seen by our physical eyes. It also seeing everything that's normally hidden from ordinary human sight, no matter is. Like witnessing an occurrence from another room or from other place that's happening at the present moment or seeing hidden moles, scars or birthmarks in other people's body :D .
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Dermoptics

Sometimes also called "paraoptic ability" or "skin/dermal vision", dermoptics is a rare psychic ability to see or read with one's fingers or skin.

Though rare, it's a faculty that many people could possibly develop. In Bulgaria, they develop a Super-learning or Accelerated learning technique using classical music, trained sixty blind children of different degress of competence in skin vision and demonstrated their abilities at a meeting of physicians, psychiatirsts and psychologists in the Soviet Union.

Read more here...
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Dowsing or Radiesthesia

Dowsing is the ability to find hidden minerals and lost objects by means of dowsing instruments such as dowsing rods or pendulum. The most common use of dowsing is finding underground fresh water. But one can also dowse to find different minerals such as golds, silvers, etc, and any other objects. Locating negative earth rays, harmful geopathic stress areas and negative astral entities can also be done through dowsing.

Not everybody can dowse or find hidden objects underground, although the process is very easy to follow. Unless one is sensitive enough, the dowsing instrument may not move.

1942: George Casely uses hazel twig, attempting to find underground water around his farm

The classical dowsing rod is usually made of twig of a tree (usually from hazel, peach, willow or similar trees). Dowsers commonly used Y-shaped twig. The dowser holds the forked part of Y as handle and then walk slowly around the property where something is being located underground. As soon as the dowser stands on top of the source of energy that the rod is perceiving, the pointed part of the twig bends uncontrollably downwards.

Dowsing with a pendulum has also been used successfully in medical diagnosis.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Exorcism

Painting of Saint Francis Borgia performing an exorcism, by Goya

As far as I'm concerned, (correct me if I'm wrong), the earliest recorded cases of exorcism can be found in the Bible. It refers to the ability or power to cast out malignant and unclean spirits and entities from a person or drive it out of a place as a house, office, building or lot.

There are different ways or methods of casting out malignant entities. It depends upon the exorcists' faith and spiritual path.

To cast out these negative dangerous attachments, an exorcist must have strong will and personality and must not be afraid to face entities who may even physically harm him. Only highly trained and authorized persons should perform exorcism and it should never be attempted by inexperienced and untrained individual.

In my own opinion, it really doesn't matter on how or what ways of exorcism should be performed as long as the one conducting it knows how to access higher levels of consciousness. The individual performing the exorcism should be the highest form of light piercing the heart of darkness. I remember one story of an Italian priest who had devoted his lifelong ministry in the art and science of exorcism and found this as the very important key of becoming an effective exorcist.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Fire Walking

Fire Walking in Asia
Source: http://giuliaholland.com/open-to-your-p ... k-with-us/

As the term indicates, fire walking is the psychic ability or power to walk on fire without being hurt or burned.

It has been practiced in many places of the world as part of a religious ceremony since ancient times. Among these places are India, Indonesia, Fuji Island, Africa, Greece, Nepal, China, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Japan and Philippines.

According to Michael Sky in his book called Dancing with Fire
... it arises primarily as religious experience, as a climax of a religious holiday, an initiation or a rite of passage, a baptism of fire, as propitiation of specific saints, Gods, or powers, within religious context.

Source: Dancing with Fire
I still don't have any idea how to explain this phenomenon. Perhaps Prof. Charles Xavier and his X-gene theory could enlighten us. :lol:

Check out this video in National Geographic.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Glossolalia and Xenolalia

One of the nine gifts of the Holy Ghost that St.Paul mentioned in 1 Chorintians. "Speaking in Tounges". It refers to the ability to speak in a foreign language that's completely unknown to the person. This usually happens during spritual or religious sessions or seances. But it may also happened in some other social occasions. Usually the person who speak in tongues is in a trance and doesn't know what he's talking about. Neither is he able to interpret the language himself. This is because speaking in tongues is one gift but the ability to interpret tongues called Xenolalia is another gift according to St. Paul
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Healing

Psychic Healing
Source: About.com

In my own thoery, I classify non-scientific healing into four distinct types or categories. They are:
1. Pranic or Magnetic Healing
2. Psychic or Mental Healing
3. Spiritual Healing
4. Divine Healing.

In practice, these various types of healing may overlap.Yet each has its distinct methods and characteristic.

Pranic or Magnetic Healing

This is a form of healing in which the healer send supply of "prana", also called, "chi," "qi," "pneuma", "odic force", or "orgone energy", to the affected parts of the patient, thus stimulating the cells and tissues to normal activity and ejecting waster matter or energy from the organ and the body.

Prana is the universal life force or vital energy.

Magnetic healing is normally accomplished by either passing or laying of hands on the affected parts of the patient this is a universal practice that dates back to ancient history.

How does it work? According to some studies, the right and left hands of the healer acting like opposite poles, similar to those in an electric battery, to discharge the vital energy. Certain magnetic passes of the hands are used to direct the energy for the relief and congestion or to feed depleted areas. Magnetic healing works because it induces changes in the physical body by altering the flow of vitality at the subtle etheric levels of man's constitution.

Some examples of pranic healing are healing touch, reiki healing, and qi gong.

Psychic or Mental Healing

It's the process of healing by which the mind of the healers restores the normal conditions the dis-eased organs by placing them under control of the patient's mind.

The basis for the curative of the mind comes from the fact that mind, as has been established even by Science, exerts a tremendous influence over the physical health of a person

What specifically will happen if one harbors negative thoughts and emotions?

This is my two cents about this.

Try this exercise. First, feel your body. Then think of a situation, a person or anything that causes you to be angry, depressed, frustrated or uncomfortable. Your body will now begin to react to this negative thought, with either a slight twitch, a stomach cramp, emptiness in the solar plexus area, even a flutter of the heart. That feeling is a feeling of dis-ease or dis-stress in your body.

That is exactly how stress, illness and disease begins and develops. When you feel discomfort, pain or any dis-stress, your body is alerting you so that you can fix the problem right away before it escalates into a full-blown disease.

So naturally, healing is not just about ailments and illness; it's also about thoughts and emotions. When these emotions are suppressed, the body's energy field is affected and the result is a "dis-ease."

What really happens in psychic or mental healing?

The healer raises his vibration and projects his consciousness to transmit a healing energy to the patient's mind. The state of consciousness in which healing takes place where telepathic communication also takes place. Most healers, however, prefer meditation.

In this telepathic transmission, the healer and the patient becomes one in metaphysical sense so that a communication and understanding is established between them and the dualism is temporarily cancelled.

Psychic healing, if done when the patient isn't physically present, is called absent or distant healing. It could be just as effective as when the patient is around. Assuming there is unconditional love or concern for the patient, the degree by which the healer is able to raise his vibrations and form a clear and positive mental image of the patient will determine the success of his healing.

Spiritual Healing

This is a form of healing in which the healer becomes merely an instrument through which the universal healing power of the universe passes, usually through spirit guides, acended masters, power animals or plant consciousness.

In both magnetic and psychic healing, the healer feels the power to be somehow stored within him. In spiritual healing, however, the power is believed to be completely outside the healer.

There's a lot of so called spiritual healers all over the world, but their practice has become an object of serious criticism due to the decency toward commercialism; plus the fact that a few of them have reportedly been caught cheating their patients. This, however, shouldn't lead us to condemn spiritual healing as a whole.

Shamanic healing and faith healing are just two of many types of spiritual healing.

Divine Healing

This type of healing is done through direct intervention of Deities, angels, saints and other heavenly beings which means that this can only be accomplished by highly evolved beings. The greatest example of this type of healer is Jesus Christ and His apostles.

Cures made through divine healing are instantaneous unlike other forms of healing.
Seraphin

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”