I'm an empath, but what are my boundaries

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
DaughterofErebus

I'm an empath, but what are my boundaries

Post by DaughterofErebus »

Okay well, I found out I was an empath in my Freshmen year of high school. I can see what other people feel by looking into their eyes... but when I touch someone I can absorb their emotions and replace them with other emotions... My current boyfriend said that I calm him down if he's angry or sad for example just by touching him or talking to him. Is this my empath abilities?
Never let life kill your spark ~ Crown the Empire
Lover of War

Re: I'm an empath, but what are my boundaries

Post by Lover of War »

Hello, i am an empath as well. I think they are. I'm more of a love empath. I can still feel what most people are feeling, but i'm more attuned to love and stuff like that. I can also make people feel love more strongly. I'm basically like a teenage boy Aphrodite. lol
DaughterofErebus

Thank you WiccanTeen7 :D I'm curious as to how you're attuned to love more strongly... maybe PM me sometime about this. :mrgreen:
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I do not know if this post is finished but I am a physical and emotional empath. I tend to stay away from people who's emotions are so intense. I have been told many times that they feel better when they touch me or when I'm around and project positive energy. I would say the boundary would be when it starts to effect your over all well being. Too many headaches, tired all the time and my worse feeling is irritability. I try not to lash out.
To get those feeling off of me, I meditate and spray rose water over me. It tends to help calm and center me. I guess you just have to look at how you body is reacting and you will figure out your boundaries.
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Empathy can often be a two way channel. I used to have quite a hard time controlling mine; like you, I would often absorb emotions and it eventually took its toll and I became pretty ill. I would also sometimes project my feelings when I was angry or upset...sometimes causing both emotional and physical pain to others unintentionally.

Since then I have gained control. I did that through meditation and personal counselling. Understanding and accepting my own emotions made my power much easier to control. Now I can switch my empathy off when I need to and I can manage the amount of emotion I'm channeling fairly easily. I can also calm pain and anguish through touch, without it having too much of an impact on me. I've also never projected my feelings onto another since.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

To p3nathan how long did it take you to master your control of empathy?
DaughterofErebus

I get headaches all the time. Everyday actually and I was wondering if there was something wrong with me . I noticed I'm irratable too for no reason. I never would have guessed it was because of my abilities. PM me some time and we could talk more perhaps
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Aceso wrote:To p3nathan how long did it take you to master your control of empathy?
Well I was in a particularly bad place back then, like I said I got counselling and it took me a while to feel stable in myself. So for me it took a good couple of years before I was really in control, but I do believe that had more to do with how I was in myself and how that impacted on my abilities.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”