Unlocking/Regaining certain Mental abilities?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Midnight_Raven_96

Unlocking/Regaining certain Mental abilities?

Post by Midnight_Raven_96 »

When I was little, I had this ability where I could take a deck of cards, lay them face down (randomly) so I didn't know which card was where. I would take my hands and hover them above the cards with my eyes closed, and could easily see in my mind what each card was and match them all up together instantly. I used to talk to ghosts and spirits, and I always felt like I had an unusual connection with nature. As I grew up all of that disappeared, and I have no idea how to get it back, I know its there I just think my subconscious has locked it away somehow. Are there any spells, rituals, or herbs I can do/take to regain those abilities again? Permanently like i used to have them? Any and all help would be great. :) Thank you.

P.S: Sorry if this is in the wrong section or something, I'm new to this site.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unlocking/Regaining certain Mental abilities?

Post by Firebird »

as we grow older, our connection to the spirit realm gets distant. You might want to try meditating and using mugwort in the incense burner, while keeping the deck present. You may have to relearn by trail and error. Practice is your best bet.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sometimes our inherent abilities are "trained" out of us by society. Much like left handed people being coerced into being right handed. The abilities don't go away, but they may become dormant. Let yourself be open to using the abilities again, carefully.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

Thanks for the advice, Firebird. And I know what you mean, Snow, I heard that's why little kids see spirits so often, so I figured my abilities are just dormant as well, but I am open to them, I miss them and loved having them, but I still can't get them back, I think I can't because I find it hard to believe they're real, I always liked being special but I had a rough child hood, I'm sure I have a lot hidden in my personal shadow, and I think my powers got locked up either with my other repressions, or society got to my subconscious. I am open to them, any idea what's next? Should I practice them again, go to cemetery's and haunted places or what?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Relax, ask for protection, then just say hello. You may or may not get a response at first. I wouldn't push it. Just be friendly, like you would be to a flesh and bloid group.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

SnowCat wrote:Relax, ask for protection, then just say hello. You may or may not get a response at first. I wouldn't push it. Just be friendly, like you would be to a flesh and bloid group.

Frosty

Do you mean when talking to ghosts? Or trying to connect to something/someone through meditation to try and unlock those? Cause i had other abilities like I said, and I lost those as well. Im new to witchcraft and meditation and everything else I need to know and I live in a small town of 800 people and half the population is literally the elementary school. So i have no teacher or guide except this website and 2 Scott Cunningham books. Anyways, thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it all. :]
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ghosts, spirits, noncorporeal entities. I tend to treat them all pretty much the same. I get visits from departed people and animals on a regular basis. I even have a spectral puma that visits sometimes.

Trying to be the different one in a town of 800 people isn't an easy path to tread. I spent two years in small town Oklahoma. It was difficult. I'm not a "Bible Belt" person.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

Oklahoma huh? Im from a small town in the northeast, Kansas, Oklahoma (some call it "little Kansas") but yeah, im not either, i recently became a witch, I got drawn to it and lost all belief in christianity. And your right, its definitely not easy, but ive always been the outcast so im glad im the odd one out. And i think im too afraid of ghosts or something, idk where it came from but i got afraid of ghosts somehow, i have nightmares, it makes me wonder if it was a real ghost trying to contact me? Im gonna try all the advice from you two, and ill update you on how it turns out.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have in-laws in Topeka. I think I still have relatives in Missouri too.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had a ghost encounter in Coffeyville, KS in2006. My daughter and I, and my two oldest grandkids have gone to OK to return a mastiff to her breeder, and ended up staying an extra night to visit with my daughter's dad in Nowata. Due to the dearth of motels in Nowata, we stayed the night in Coffeyville. I was trying to get my grandson settled down to sleep, when I felt a cat run across my pillow. We had no cats with us. I knew from the feel of it, that it was Mouse, my cat who had passed unexpectedly in 1999.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

I had a few ghost encounters before, my most significant was when I lived with my ex step-father, we lived in an old country home where his mother had died in her sleep. She would always close doors (as my mom would open them to let air circulate, it was one of those houses that you could walk through by going in a big circle) and close cabinets, turn down the TV, and i felt that she watched over us kids. I used to tell her goodnight and was never afraid of her, but she never talked, and never got angry, not once, and Sadly i never saw her. Dont even know her name. But if she turned off the tv, or turned it down, you could ask her to turn in back up/on and leave it alone (politely) and she would.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think my most spectacular (spooktacular?) ghost encounter was a few months after our gray and white cat, Mouse, died unexpectedly. My favorite tattoo artist and I had collaborated on a tattoo memorializing her. At one of the sessions, he had set the tattoo gun down to clean the area and look at the progress. While the artist, my hubby and I were discussing the the piece, the tattoo gun went off. By itself. No one touching it. That equipment design requires pressure on the trigger for the gun to operate. We figured it was Mouse commenting on the work. That's the same cat that ran across my pillow at the motel in Coffeyville.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

That's pretty cool. I always loved the idea of having a ghost animal as a companion, ive had my dog for atleast 8 years now, my mom got her for me when I was 8 and had to move away from her to live with my dad. I wouldnt be surprised if my dog stuck around a while when she was gone. :]
xXxGrigorixXx

Post by xXxGrigorixXx »

Doggie !! lol sowwie i love dogs , i have a wolf familiar . i know where your coming from Midnight_Raven_96
im probably the youngest meduim on the bored and i found as i got older i couldn't do thigs i used to when i was younger , but i found being around and medaitating with other mediums and psychics helped mr re-awaken and awaken some of my abilities, im an empath but it only awakend this year .

i'll tell you about my one of my many memerable experiences with spirits , probably the most memerable and the most painful is when my boyfriend Kevin was killed by a bus about a year and a half ago .

He and his cousin John were walking across a zebra crossing this bus came outta nowhere and kevin saw it and pushed John outta the way but he was hit and killed 40 seconds later. and i had had premonition he was gonna die a few days before it happend and the i wake up on night and there he is as dead and bloody as i'd knew he'd be sitting in bed next to me, it was horrible i felt everything he felt his skull being crushed everything and saw his own death through his own eyes. he stayed with me for about a week and then he crossed over. and only now have i started to talk about him, i never said a word about him after his funeral... :cry:
xXx~The Fallen ~xXx

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”