Hubby is Empath...I Have Mental Illness

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
incenseNpepRmints

Hubby is Empath...I Have Mental Illness

Post by incenseNpepRmints »

MM All,

My husband and I are having some issues regarding his newly discovered abilities as an empath ("newly" as in I've always known and he doesn't believe in this "stuff," but he fits all the criteria to a "T"). Here's the kicker: I suffer from bipolar disorder and my moods under extreme stress, even with my medication, sometimes shift at a moment's notice.

He feels my moods and has a tendency to "soak" them up, much like a sponge, and, well the results on either end isn't pretty. He is also able to sense even the slightest shift in my mood, which can be a tad annoying if I'm trying to make sense of them myself without calling any attention to them. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this or can help us. He is able to pick up on others' moods as well, but since we are so close to one another, he can sense mine the best. Is there a way for him to control his ability to sense my moods? I hate seeing him hurt and I try to temper myself the best I can (yes I'm in therapy, yes, my meds are being checked, and yes, I take them as directed), but I don't know what else to do.
sylphaxiom

Re: Hubby is Empath...I Have Mental Illness

Post by sylphaxiom »

There are ways to block this ability or for him to shield himself, but speaking from experience, it would be best to embrace this gift and use it to better understand your moods and how to control them. He may be able to just focus on sensing your moods without absorbing them, but it will take alot of dedication, focus, and meditation. When things are getting too intense, he should try visualizing a strong see-through wall between you and him (your psyche not physically!). This would allow him to dull the mood you emitt while still allowing him to see the mood and try to make sense of it without being enveloped by it. It is difficult to do this without blocking everything or to still be able to "read" your mood, but with practice it could work. He should also learn the "counter mood" to yours. Often times empaths can send feelings as strongly as they receive them and with this he may be able to help you stabilize your moods better than even you can.
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”